www.adrianflux.co.uk/(real one)

Neil
Old 04 January 2002, 02:39 AM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Cool,

The number of times I wish I could do something similar to some places ...

Dave.

Old 04 January 2002, 08:11 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

LOL - Nice to see someone doing something "original" about tackling yet another example of poor Customer Service (IHHO ( In His Honest Opinion ))

For others ease of use:

The Fake "I'm having problems wih Adrian Flux Insurance" Site

The Real Adrian Flux Insurance Site

Matt

Old 04 January 2002, 08:18 AM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

Smile

Good for him!

Nice to be able to do this and hoepfully this compnay will sort themselves out as a result.
Old 04 January 2002, 09:34 AM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Red face

DavidB,

If he's got it wrong then sue.

But if he's correct I don't have a prob with this info in the public domain.

Ian
Old 04 January 2002, 09:38 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Agree with David
It is too easy to abuse this sort of 'power' if you want to. There are often two sides to every story.

Suing is fine but is 'after the fact' and who know just how much damage has already been done.
Old 04 January 2002, 09:40 AM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

-- "If he's got it wrong then sue. But if he's correct I don't have a prob with this info in the public domain."

I don't mind FACTS in the public domain, but one man's unchallenged side of things is dodgy IMO.

If he had this ranting on his homepage it'd be "OK", but as he's infringing on A.Flux's trademark (assuming they've registered it) and could almost be considered "passing off", then that's bad, again IMHO.
Old 04 January 2002, 09:48 AM
IanWatson
Scooby Regular

Talking

I found getting any service whatsoever last year from Adrian Flux was an absolute nightmare - trying to clarify my insurance position whilst working abroad was impossible, cost a fortune in telephone bills (holding for ages then being tranferred to someone in another department, put back on hold et al).

I hope it does the trick and shocks them into realising that their responsibities of service do not end once the client's money is in their account.

I would have thought that any company should understand that repeat business and referred business is alot easier to get than new customers - but in my experience Adrian Flux don't seem too keen to retain the loyalty of their clients - they certainly lost mine.

Ian
Old 04 January 2002, 10:06 AM
GazP
Scooby Regular

Knowing the way Flux treat their customers I would say the fake web site contains a lot of true content. Good on the guy for doing it! Perhaps it will make Flux have a good look at themselves and realise that most of their staff appear to be brain dead and should work in McDonalds.
Old 04 January 2002, 10:10 AM
Reidy
Scooby Regular

good on him - I have had no end of grief from Flux this year changing a policy from one car to another.

They asked for proof of no claims 3 times (lost it at least once)
Driving licence 3 times
Alarm proof twice

My policy then got cancelled and I was told "the insurer is no longer happy to fulfill their original quote.

An absolute comedy of errors.
Old 04 January 2002, 10:19 AM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Red face

is this thread going for the 'how many forums can i go through b4 i find a home' award ?

where's it off to next ?
Old 04 January 2002, 10:44 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

I've had the old "We are cancelling your insurance in 10 days" with no explanation letter too. I phoned them up (this was a few years ago) and it turns out that they werent cancelling it in 10 days after all. So why send it?
astraboy.
Old 04 January 2002, 11:44 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

As a point of interest on Green Cards "most companies issue these for free". Not in my experience they don't.

And all the bumf about not requiring a green card in EU countries is true.

HOWEVER, you will find most (if not all) UK insurance companies insure you to drive in the UK and Isle of Man, Channel Islands etc. under the level of cover you have been quoted for and have (or are) paying for. BUT when you levae the UK, without getting a green card (ie. telling them you're going) your insurance cover will be reduced to the bare minimum required by the law in the country where the insurance was issued, which in our case (UK) is for the purposes of "Road Traffic Act" requirements only.

Nobody will ever insure you in this country just to cover that minimum statutory requirement, because it is next to useless. Beware anything that "saves" you thirty quid. There is no such thing as a free.............. Imagine having a big smack up in Italy (why'd I pick there?) and finding your insurance covered only the repair of the bollards and repainting the white lines!!

I tend to agree about the one sided story thing, but I too am sick to death of spending a chunk of my life doing work for companies who do not employ me. BT take note.
Old 04 January 2002, 12:34 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

Smile

What an excellent site - it sounds all to familiar to me. I'm currently a hugely dissatisfied Adrian Flux customer and will not be renewing.

I insured 2 cars with them and got several threat of cancellation notices due to driving licence copies and went through several comical phonecalls along the lines of yes we have got a copy of your licence for car A, but not for car B - can you send us another copy.....well can't you make a copy yourselves.....I suppose we could......3 days later another letter & round we go again - I ended up sending new copies. etc. etc.

I just hope I never have to make a claim !
Old 04 January 2002, 12:36 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

That fake site sounds very similar to experiences I have had with them in the last year.
They've lost my business too when the renewal comes through.
Old 04 January 2002, 01:00 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Question

Frazer,

Where did you hear about this site BTW?

Matt
Old 04 January 2002, 07:52 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

I'm with Ad Flux (or Sterling it seems to change each time they send me something) for the simple reason that they were the cheapest when i phoned round. But I can beleive what this site says to be true,as far too many people have had similar problems for it to be made up. Took ages (5-6 months) to get a proper policy document out of them despite paying over £1200 in 4 installments. When I started sending nasty letters it all turned good again. I don't think I'd recommend them unless they were significantly cheaper than someone else (ball park figure £200)

The only problem with this site is there is no contact e-mail. He/She would need it if they want Ad Flux to contact them
Old 04 January 2002, 09:36 PM
NeilFormstone
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Hi,

first a quick intro, I'm Neil and I'm the bloke behind the
adrian-flux website.

I was pointed in the direction of this thread by one of your members, I hope I am not imposing on your group.

Firstly, thanks for the support and comments you have all posted.

I just wanted to clear up a few points about the web site:-

Adrian Flux have been aware of the site for some time and have not asked for it to be taken down.

It is a true reflection off the events as they happened and I only put the website up after speaking to several impartial people about the fairness of it.

In Adrian Flux's defence, they have written to me, appologised and taken responsibility for the mistakes that have been made and promised to take steps to ensure that it doesn't happen again (we'll see...). They also cancelled my policy and refunded me for the remainder of the policy's term without any cancellation penalties.

Adrian Flux where given the opportunity of having their reply, views and comments posted on the website (in their entirity and un-edited by myself or anyone else) but declined to do so.

I will be taking the site down shortly and pointing it to their 'real' site, I have left it till now in the hope that it will help others and give Adrian Flux an incentive to improve their customer service (unlikely I know!).

Thanks

Neil
Old 05 January 2002, 08:48 AM
Trout...
Scooby Regular

This is a very difficult one. A very good insurance broker was recently slagged off on this forum - the disgruntled prospect posted virulent accusations relating to this individual which here gets a hell of a lot of attention. Interesting this as in this case the 'prospect' was entirely in the wrong - however the damage was done.

I personally had the opposite experience where I had a valid claim against another broker who lied to me - and they completely ignored my complaint - until I posted here, then they couldn't give me enough attention!

It's a tough call - but if your facts are spot on then I guess it is a reasonable thing to do!

Trout
Old 06 January 2002, 08:34 PM
RussP
Scooby Regular

Good Man!

Totally Agree. Adrioan Flux are Sh1te - sue me if i'm wrong!

Russ
Old 01 April 2002, 07:50 AM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

Personally, I don't like these kinds of sites.

I knew of someone (no names) who had an idiot do this to him.. it caused no-end of grief to them, lost an unquantifiable amount of business, and in the end it was found that the guy complaining was in the wrong, and had his facts mixed up or there was a breakdown in communication. There are always two sides to an argument, but sites like this just put one forward.

There are some funny people out there who simply cannot be pleased, who then go out of their way to muddy the name of a long-standing company who are unable to put their side of the story forward.

I'm fairly sure WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organisation) would take the domain away from this guy if Adrian Flux complained about it. But this takes time, and in the mean time Adrian Flux are losing business/credibility without the opportunity to defend themselves.

Personally, I hope Adrian Flux sue the **** of him for damages.

[Edited by DavidBrown - 1/4/2002 8:52:20 AM]
Old 01 May 2002, 08:23 AM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Talking

I agree, name and shame

[Edited by mega_stream - 1/5/2002 8:24:24 AM]