Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2002, 02:52 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Stood in line paying for fuel today
Saw the newspaper headlines
*Woman shot in the head whilst being robbed (of her MOBILE PHONE!)
*Man beaten to death chasing off robbers
*Pensioner dies of heart attack after robbery

W-T-F is going on!?!

What is wrong with people??
WTF are this shambles of a government doing about crime, punishment and Law & Order in general
Why the hell are the Police more interested in motorists than real DANGEROUS CRIMINALS? -

I am sick to death of reading about stuff like this.

I used to be proud to be British now i am not so sure.

About time this SCUM was delt with properly and the governmnet remembered who put them there and pays their salaries.

**** me - this makes me sooo mad!!!

Old 03 January 2002, 02:55 PM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

I seriously think they should bring back capital punishment, it'll make the scum think twice before doing disgusting acts like those

M
Old 03 January 2002, 02:55 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

And closer to home, don't forget the guy in Daventry kicked to death on Christmas Eve (an innocent passer-by by all accounts)
Old 03 January 2002, 02:57 PM
Little Miss WRX

I think it depends on where you live Paul, the local headlines for us a while ago was someone being pushed into the canal and a freak stabbing that caused a superficial wound........ the next set of headlines were so dire and boring I couldn't face reading the paper except for a cure for insomnia........

But I do understand what you mean, there does seem to be a hell of a lot more violence around
Old 03 January 2002, 03:04 PM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

Angry

Paul,

I know what you mean, it used to be a safe country (in most respects) now you find yourself avoiding certain areas because you stand a good chance of a kicking for no reason.

The problem with violent crime is that the government are to busy trying to stop us using cars. Also speeding gives good figures for crime statistics whereas violent crime is a hard topic and would raise many issues.

I mean how could President Blair actually critise people for drinking in public after his own soon was D&D while being underage!

Maybe capital punishment is going to far but how about the stocks and birch. Humilation might make people think twice... actually bring it all back (even though captial punishment is still an option for treason).

<Blimey, rant over>
Old 03 January 2002, 03:56 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

There are more muggings in London now than New York. Street crime has soared since Sept 11 because so many officers have been pulled off their normal beats to help with the increased level of security in the City.

This to me proves that coppers on the beat reduces crime. With so much resource put towards pursuing the motorist for revenue, there are less resources to put towards other duties. Before London (and other areas trying to catch up with the capital) becomes more violent than Beirut, someone should wake up and smell the coffee. More officers are needed, and they need to be allocated to non-motoring related duties.

As little as 5/6 years ago, I was quite happy to visit Brixton at night. Now I feel uneasy going there during the day.
Old 03 January 2002, 10:47 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Beirut's quite nice.
Old 03 January 2002, 11:05 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Cool

Maybe we should all buy a big island - all chip in x amount of cash, buy an island, fill it with NSL roads away from urban areas. NSL being 100mph.

No horses allowed on the roads, SUL at £0.30 a litre, cheap car insurance, no crime, and no car theft. Plenty of jobs, cheap beer, **** at £0.80 for 20, spirits 10p a shot.

The list goes on - oh well

DW
Old 03 January 2002, 11:17 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Talking

I've got £20 spare! Count me in

Unfortunatly, the policing in this country is a joke currently. No direct critisizm of the Police but more the muppets running them(Cough 'leftie to$$ers'). Can't remember back to a conservative gov now, so going with what I know. Completely agree with the comments above, including a FAR HARSHER punishment regime for Scum. 1 of the few things that I wish would be adopted from the U.S.

Cheers,

Nick.
Old 04 January 2002, 03:29 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

All goes back to these bloody do-gooders if you ask me. Threaten a two year these days with a smack and they know to phone childline. No penalties like caning in schools. Tonys mob says we cant even have winners in sports in schools cos that means someone has to lose. Crazy.

Everyone has got this idea of their rights into their heads these days. Its all they cant do this ,they cant do that cos Ive got my rights. Even ****e like the IRA that have been hurt trying to escape are given compensation because their so called bloody rights have been infringed. The list could go on and on.

Everyone condems countries like Saudi for chopping off hands etc. At least you know over there what the punishment is before you do the crime. Over here it seems like pot luck what happens when you get caught. That is unless its speeding on a nice safe dual carriagway. Now thats real serious.

Old 04 January 2002, 05:15 PM
Sue
Scooby Regular

I don't think many younger people really realise what they're saying when they demand their "Rights"
These so called "rights" have been bought with other peoples blood.
I'm sure the 15 and 16 year old boys in the trenches of the Somme would have appreciated some "rights"..perhaps to be allowed to go home and have a Mother tuck them into bed instead of dying on a battlefield in agony.
"Rights" have to be earned....not freely given, and the sooner society stands up and ceases to accept the behaviour of a rapidly growing minority for fear of being seen as Non pc,then these head lines will continue. I believe in Human Rights, in the Geneva Convention and in the pursuit of peace to prevent abject poverty,but what we're seeing in Britain is not that...it's a "Me" culture where the individual becomes greater than the whole.Thats a worrying state of a nation.Have always believedbe in change beginning in small ways,it has to begin somewhere..perhaps with paernts bringing up children to believe in their own responsibilities as part of the family group,to take a pride in "old fashioned" values like saving up pocket money for treats and not having overly optomistic expectations of what life will bring.Not an easy one to turn around
Old 04 January 2002, 06:58 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Of course the other excuse that always seems to crop up is "theyve got nothing to do these days". What with lesuire centres all over , cinemas, bowling etc, why do they say this. Didnt have all this when I was a kid. We just climbed trees,played soccer,cricket, and spent many hours in dads garage building bogeys. Never bored.

All they want to do these days is sit on their ***** and play games on TV. Ask them to do anything and youd think you were asking them to do the impossible.
Chip.
Old 01 March 2002, 11:03 PM
The Devil
Scooby Newbie

Cool

[Edited by The Devil - 1/3/2002 11:04:39 PM]
Old 01 April 2002, 03:37 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Paul,
you;re not on a downer, the worlds gone **** up.

Think that it has a lot to do with kids of today having no respect. for example, if I said even a third of what kids round here say to thier parents, to my parents when I was a kit I'd be given a ticking off, if not a thick ear. Think that lack of discipline might be to blame.

I have very strong views, and am not against smacking, though I must state smacking and not beating the crap out of.There seems to be a great lack of discipline here. Pressure groups going on abot "oooh, you can't smack children any more" WTF!!!! How the hell do you deal with them then? lock them under the stairs? oh sorry, that's not allowed is it. What to do, ignore them? does this not then mean that they try it on more and more, thus leading them to think they can do whatever they want to anyone! madness. The day a person tells me not to smack a child is the day I'll be sent down because I will turn round and give the person an almighty clout. note, I do NOT go smacking kids, so don't have a go, just venting here, ok?

Toe rags are everywhere and there is no-one to keep them in line, the police to a fair job, but they're now happy to go after us for motoring offences, as it brings money into thier coffers.

Think that we need some gangsters back, if you know what I mean. put the fear of god into the little oiks early on and then maybe they'd have some respect.

there's really no solution to it though, society has changed massivley in the past 10 years, and in my opinion it's changed for the worse.

I'm only 27 but I can remember roaming the streets and feeling safe at 8pm at night, nowadays I'm more wary than I ever was back then, and I'm not a small chap, six foot four, sixtenn odd stone, ok, not a 'hard man' but I tend to look pished off most of the time so some people steer clear but even I get worried walking home from the town at night, there are too many nutters out there.

I'm not even going to get onto the subject of oiks breaking into your house to nick car keys to nick your car.

if anyone finds a nice new planet, and can transport me, my friends, familly, lots of optimax , and my scooby, to it them I'm off.

Or maybe I'll find some nice remote under developed country and move there, probably find the same hassles from the native wildlife though, you know, viscious llams and suchlike

as was said in life of brian "crucifixions too good for them!"

[Edited by Markus - 1/4/2002 4:42:32 PM]