Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

RANT - i'm getting a bit annoyed with our welfare state....

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2007, 12:33 PM
carnivorous
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RANT - i'm getting a bit annoyed with our welfare state....

I had to vent this. When are we going to stop paying people to do nothing? The whole country looks like poo and we're handing out cheques to people who won't work for a living. For years now the word about our push-over attitude and tolerance for plain old laziness has been spreading all over the world. "You get a free ride in good old Blighty.....". And then all I hear is complaints about the massive rise in immigration...

Here's a rough idea...

It's thursday. Gary is unemployed. Every thrusday, Gary has to go down to his local DSS to re-apply for a week of unemployment benefit. Gary gets to the front of the queue, and is promptly handed his weekly "Allowance-Seekers Work Plan" and his bus and train pass and his lunch tokens.

Thursday: Job-seeking day
Friday: 8.30am-5.30pm Rubbish collection, Romford Town Centre
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Off
Monday: 8.30am-5.30pm Graffitti removal, Hemel Hempstead
Tuesday: 8.30am-5.30pm Street cleaning, A40 Ealing
Wednesday: 8.30am-5.30pm Helper duties, M1 Roadworks
Thursday: Report back to DSS with work certificates for £80.00 cheque.

Either get a job or do this, otherwise...no money.

Unless the people are bloody disabled, make them do work that nobody wants to do or help do work we can't get done due to a lack of resources ffs.

Make it nice and difficult for crap money too, so they will want to find a better job and word will get out that the UK doesn't give everyone a free ride anymore.

And maybe as a side-effect, just maybe, daddy will have to work for a living, daddy will learn that noone gives you a free ride, daddy will start taking some pride in himself, and then maybe daddy will be more concerned about what his two sons Chav One and Chav Two are getting up to and why they're not at school.

Is that a bit extreme? Feel free to slate away......

Old 30 July 2007, 12:41 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Extreme ? Nah, not extreme enough - I mean, what's wrong with just executing the unemployed ? Ok, it might cost a bit in ammunition, but surely the savings to be made would counter that ? Or maybe even set up some gas chambers to reduce the cost.
A good community solution that would make good use of unemployed people would be to get them to check for improvised explosive devices along the roads around Basrah. Put them in stars and stripes overalls and give them a stick
Old 30 July 2007, 12:42 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

no problem with anything you have said....carry on
I do feel that as I get older, I get less tolerant and more indignant at this likes this. But that is just a fact of life.
Old 30 July 2007, 12:44 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get p1ssed off with that tossy tax credits thing, they give you some, they take it back, I wasnt going to bother even sending them any details but my missus insisted, I did it over the phone, self employed and dont know how much I will earn, just gave an arbitary ammount and now they send me 70 quid, I dont want it as they will only make me pay it back when they get my earnings statement, I just want to opt out of the whole f*cking thing, it is invasive, biased, badly administered and costly to run.
Old 30 July 2007, 12:50 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

This was exactly what they did in New York - no work no pay local authority gives out the menial jobs. Works perfectly.
Old 30 July 2007, 12:52 PM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

My view is, most of them are better off than the working class. Getting paid for sitting on your bottom all day. Just tootling down to sign on once a fortnight. Wouldn`t surprise me if they did it on the internet now
It seems the less you help to keep this country running, the more you get. Plain wrong IMO.
There is no wonder the UK is in such a mess, make them work!!!! I know jobs aren`t readily available, but I`m sure we could find them something to do.

Ant
Old 30 July 2007, 01:02 PM
Bodgit
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by carnivorous
Unless the people are bloody disabled, make them do work that nobody wants to do or help do work we can't get done due to a lack of resources ffs.
Thats your problem, they hand out disability like sweets. I heard on the local radio in Milton Keynes about 2 years ago they were complaining about not enough disabled parking in the town. The local government official said that 25% of the MK population were registered disabled so they wanted 1 in 4 parking spots to be for badge holders.

When walking round MK i can not see that many people with disabilities so it must be for the benefits. If it was true, MK was the wrong place to put an indoor ski slope as you are only able to market to less than 75% off the population as a start.
Old 30 July 2007, 01:09 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Our local jobcentre is more difficult to get in than the average nightclub...you should see the bouncers they have on at the door....

"If yer want a Job, yer ain't commin' in"

Old 30 July 2007, 01:10 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

25% of MKer's are not disabled - they're just retarded
Old 30 July 2007, 01:37 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I agree completely. No work, no pay. If your disabled or have to look after an ill relative, you get assesed accordingly.

If immigrants can do the work, why can't UK citizens?

Many of my wifes family claim disabilty or incapable of using contraception and they are out every weekend and/or go abroad twice a year.

Also, this business of women getting up the duff, being given a house and the partner moves in - hang on now, is that how its supposed to work? I know enough people who do that so they basicallly get free accomodation, all the benefits under the sun and a working wage from the bloke. We go out and spend money on our daughters clothes and count the pennies. friends of my wife just buy all top "look at me, I dress my child like a barbie doll" names and don't give a monkeys because Monday will be payday.
Old 30 July 2007, 01:46 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bodgit

When walking round MK i can not see that many people with disabilities so it must be for the benefits. If it was true, MK was the wrong place to put an indoor ski slope as you are only able to market to less than 75% off the population as a start.

What do disabled people look like then? Do they have neon signs above thier head? Or, are you being a complete ***** and making the assumption that unless you have severe limp, or an arm missing, you cannot possbily be disabled?
Old 30 July 2007, 01:51 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Thats your problem, they hand out disability like sweets. I heard on the local radio in Milton Keynes about 2 years ago they were complaining about not enough disabled parking in the town. The local government official said that 25% of the MK population were registered disabled so they wanted 1 in 4 parking spots to be for badge holders.

There are many ways to be disabled, many of which do not show but they still affect those who are. It is probably difficult to understand that if you have never been in that position.

Les
Old 30 July 2007, 02:00 PM
carnivorous
Scooby Regular

all very true but this post wasn't about disabilites. LOL. i knew a girl at college, and trust me she was nothing but lazy and perhaps lacking a few social skills, NOT disabled in any way. i bumped into her about a year and a half after college and she had got a council flat and weekly unemployment benefit plus disability allowance because she had a note from her doctor basically stating that she was "allergic" to work due to some mental phobia. i knew this girl pretty well, she was basically scamming her way through life and was perfectly honest and unrepentent about it.

so yes, disabled people should receive help. GENUINELY disabled people. lazy people should be made to work or simply not get paid.

while we're at it...how about means-testing people who want to have more than one child?

no, strike that, that's a little bit too third reich/chinese empire for me actually. LOL. but how do we stop them having 7 or 8 chav babies and making us pay for the diapers and the parents' 50-a-day Lambert & Butler habits?

Old 30 July 2007, 02:02 PM
Bodgit
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
There are many ways to be disabled, many of which do not show but they still affect those who are. It is probably difficult to understand that if you have never been in that position.

Les
Ok can run with that.

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
What do disabled people look like then? Do they have neon signs above thier head? Or, are you being a complete ***** and making the assumption that unless you have severe limp, or an arm missing, you cannot possbily be disabled?
Obviously being a complete *****

However people applying for benefits, disabled badges etc for minor disabilities is putting a drain on resources in the UK as well as taking money away from the people with disabilities that require more care.

How many times have you seen someone with a badge get out of the car stroll wherever they are going and get in the car again. No stick, no limp and it certainly is not their eyesight at fault otherwise they wouldnt be driving.

I know of a case where not only was someone given the disabled badge, given a car because his disability was a mental one. His mental disability was mainly a bad temper and attacking people, so the government gave him a nice 1 ton weapon to use. On speaking to him he used to laugh at the way he could take the p1ss out of the benefits agency. It's people like that who are included in the 25%.

If having this view brands me a being a ***** then you are entitled to your view as I am entitled to mine.
Old 30 July 2007, 02:13 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I rather think that "most" regular posters on NSR are pretty well rounded individuals and wouldn't want to see people in hardship (ie the truly disabled)

However, its the feeling of people taking the pi$$ that is upsetting everyone.

Our offfices overlook a square in town where people park (its yellows but the traffic warden only comes out in hot weather) Anyway, there is one family who regularly park in the square - we have nicknamed them Benefit Family. They have a motorbility car, always togged up (we jokingly call the mother J-Lo although its said with a HUGE dose of sarcasm) and between them and the two teenage kids, we can't work out what the disability is. Granted disability isn't obvious as in the above posts but it doesn't seem to slow them down any whilst on the daily shop.

TBH, I work on the basis that as long as I earn enough to keep my family going, I can't get worked up about the way the state is run and abused. Things are very unlikely to change so why get wound up by something out of your control.
Old 30 July 2007, 02:25 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the original poster and subsequent ones were based on the state of the country in terms of freeloaders. i think this thread is getting way off topic when you start mentioning the disabled. true, there many be people taking the proverbial in terms of disability allowances, but for the topic in hand, I dont think that is relevant and should be confined to a sepearte rant/thread if need be.

I personally am appaled at the way this state just rolls over and allows benefit cheats/freeloaders, immigrants and general spongers to ridicule the system in such a way and to such a point, that someone who has worked and contributed to the country and niow finds himself/herself out of work, is now way behind these scum in terms of benefits
Old 30 July 2007, 02:26 PM
lestippp
Scooby Regular

Spot on mate, these people are parasites who are sucking the life blood out of our society, not only that but they seek each other out and then reproduce just like any good parasitic organism

No reason at all for them not to be out doing these jobs to contribute to their communities and it would get them used to getting up each morning so making them ready for employment.

I have managed people all my life and the number of useless, pathetic, self pitying, "everyone else is to blame for my problems accept me" types is rising at a frightening rate

Do these menial tasks or you don't get money or any of your perks, like free house, etc.

Don't get me wrong, we have all been thrown a curve ball once in a while but then the non-parasites among us rise from the ashes to fight again

The problem is that around every corner is some self righteous human rights a**hole willing to defend them as they do thugs, etc. This type stops any progress being made in solving these problems

Just my input for what it's worth my man
Old 30 July 2007, 02:49 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Yes, I agree with the sentiments of the intial poster. However, you'd never get through an election with that on your manifesto!

Also, why is it the number of people spitting whilst walking along in town centres increasing? It's disgusting!
Old 30 July 2007, 02:55 PM
carnivorous
Scooby Regular

you may well get elected...i don't think many of our chavvy benefit-thieving neighbours bother to go and vote, do you? LMFAO.

spitting, now that's another thread (and manifesto) entirely......
Old 30 July 2007, 02:59 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Of course I vote, but I tend to think I am not a chav.

There are loads of people I work with who don't vote. Makes me really angry and if they ever complain about the state of things, I remind them

Chavs and dole dossers have plenty of time on their hands to go and vote, so unlikely they'll vote in any party which will take away their free ride!
Old 30 July 2007, 03:10 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Obviously being a complete *****

However people applying for benefits, disabled badges etc for minor disabilities is putting a drain on resources in the UK as well as taking money away from the people with disabilities that require more care.

How many times have you seen someone with a badge get out of the car stroll wherever they are going and get in the car again. No stick, no limp and it certainly is not their eyesight at fault otherwise they wouldnt be driving.

I know of a case where not only was someone given the disabled badge, given a car because his disability was a mental one. His mental disability was mainly a bad temper and attacking people, so the government gave him a nice 1 ton weapon to use. On speaking to him he used to laugh at the way he could take the p1ss out of the benefits agency. It's people like that who are included in the 25%.

If having this view brands me a being a ***** then you are entitled to your view as I am entitled to mine.
No, listen and try to understand. You do not need to have a limp or a walking stick or even be blind to be severely disabled.
Old 30 July 2007, 03:14 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Pete, I doubt that Bodgit actually meant that though. His sentiment was correct.
Old 30 July 2007, 03:15 PM
carnivorous
Scooby Regular

let's keep it simple here -

we are talking about people that CAN work but won't.

not people who CAN'T work.

simple.

Old 30 July 2007, 03:31 PM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

An example for you. A few years ago, a person who I knew was claiming benefits. Decided that he/she was tired of sitting around the house all day.
So therefore got a job at a local convenience store to relieve boredom.
This was only 16 hours per week. After 2 weeks, jacked it in as it was TOO HARD and said that it was better living off benefits rather than work.
I cannot understand people who can sit all day and watch daytime TV, its rubbish anyway. That reason alone is enough for many people to get off their backsides & find work.
This country has now become a soft touch for most. No wonder we have a large influx of immigrants, they must laugh at us.
Just my personal opinion

Ant
Old 30 July 2007, 03:35 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spoon
Pete, I doubt that Bodgit actually meant that though. His sentiment was correct.
Not to my eyes. Was quite clear that he assumed that you had to have some obvious defect in order to be disabled . He wrote

"When walking round MK i can not see that many people with disabilities so it must be for the benefits"

I.e. no one with any obvious physical defect *must* be on the take.

I would like to know how the **** you would tell if someone had, say, 5/6th of thier stomach removed through cancer treatment by looking at them.
Old 30 July 2007, 03:37 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bug Eyed Peas
I cannot understand people who can sit all day and watch daytime TV, its rubbish anyway. That reason alone is enough for many people to get off their backsides & find work. Ant
All those that work hard and travel stupid distances for a wage to survive, say that.
Old 30 July 2007, 03:43 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Not to my eyes. Was quite clear that he assumed that you had to have some obvious defect in order to be disabled . He wrote

"When walking round MK i can not see that many people with disabilities so it must be for the benefits"

I.e. no one with any obvious physical defect *must* be on the take.

I would like to know how the **** you would tell if someone had, say, 5/6th of thier stomach removed through cancer treatment by looking at them.
I know exactly what you are saying, Pete. I just think that Bodgit's point was stated incorrectly and he didn't necessarily mean what he said, but it just didn't look good on screen.
Old 30 July 2007, 03:57 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Just did some digging around (I like to do this when suspiciously high figures like 25% are bandied about).

http://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/stat...ents/employees

According to the last Census, the permanently sick/disabled population of Milton Keynes is a whacking 3.9%.

Now, unless there has been a massive influx of disabled people moving to Milton Keynes, I would say the "radio" or the bloke down the pub or whoeever came up with 25% is talking absolute ****e.
Old 30 July 2007, 04:06 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Now, unless there has been a massive influx of disabled people moving to Milton Keynes, I would say the "radio" or the bloke down the pub or whoeever came up with 25% is talking absolute ****e.
I read the Spinal Injuries headquarters has just relocated to Milton Keynes so that might now be 4%.
Old 30 July 2007, 04:12 PM
Bodgit
Scooby Regular

Just did some digging around (I like to do this when suspiciously high figures like 25% are bandied about).

http://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/stat...ents/employees

According to the last Census, the permanently sick/disabled population of Milton Keynes is a whacking 3.9%.

So why was there a local councillor on a bbc radio show bounding those stats around, perhaps if i were as wise as you I would have taken it up at the time. You are obviously looking for an arguement with someone which is why your first tack was to call me a ***** rather than constructively critisise my comment. Yes I understand that you cant always see by looking at the person. I was trying to say the whole disabled criteria seems very lax in my opinion and as stated before I am entitled to one also.

Quick Reply: RANT - i'm getting a bit annoyed with our welfare state....