Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Shocking story

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2007, 09:56 PM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Shocking story

Have just had a phone call from my dad to tell me that my uncle(who is more like a best mate as he's only 5 years older than me) is in hospital in intensive care. His condition is described as critical but stable.

Apparently, whilst out on a birthday do in Preston last night, he was set upon by a gang of youths.

Its a long tale, but the basic gist is that his friend and his wife had had a row with their 18yr old daughter whilst in the club. She had stormed out and Paul had gone outside to make sure she got safely into a taxi and home. She was talking to a youth outside who we believe to be her secret boyfriend. Secret because mum and dad seriously disapproved of him.

Paul had tried to get her to go home with him, and this lad and his mates didnt want her to go, so they battered him to within an inch of his life.

His face is black and swollen, he has a fractured skull and his brain is swollen to the point that they have had to drill into his head to let the pressure off. They say IF he survives the next three days, they will try and bring him round to assess his level of likely brain damage. He is likely to lose his sight in one eye too.

I just cant believe it, Paul is the most laid back, non confrontational person i know, but from what witnesses have said, it was completely unprovoked. The incident was captured on cctv and the person responsible arrested this afternoon. That is as much as we know at this stage.

I see/hear this sort of thing every day, as most of you will know, but when it happens to someone you know and love very much, its shocking.
I feel so helpless, but there is nothing i can do from here.
Please cross everything you have for him, and pray to god he makes a full recovery. I'll keep you updated
Steph x
Old 29 July 2007, 09:59 PM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Christ, don't really know what to say to that! Sincerely hope he makes a full recovery and the little ****s involved get exactly what they deserve
Old 29 July 2007, 10:00 PM
Mk2_heaven
Scooby Regular

******* scum

best wishes
Old 29 July 2007, 10:00 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Utterly disgusting Our thoughts are with you Stef, and I hope he makes a complete recovery. The scum should be charged with attempted murder for such a vicious attack.
Old 29 July 2007, 10:01 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

OMG Steph, I am shocked

So sorry to read this, I do hope your ok too

Fingers & Toes crossed and hope he makes a complete & full recovery, and that they throw the book at the scum who did this to him

Steve
Old 29 July 2007, 10:05 PM
shooter007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Utterly disgusting Our thoughts are with you Stef, and I hope he makes a complete recovery. The scum should be charged with attempted murder for such a vicious attack.
pre meditated more like
Old 29 July 2007, 10:05 PM
Robin Mullan
Scooby Regular

Location: Aylesbury. Type-R V4, 2.2l 415BHP, 400LBS. Feels good!!! Now i really want more !!!

Sincerely hope that he pulls through ok

My thoughts, and im sure the rest of the gang on SN are with you and your family.

Evil ba****s
Old 29 July 2007, 10:06 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

Hope you uncle makes a full recovery

I also hope the scum who did this get something nice in return like cancer
Old 29 July 2007, 10:09 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Very sorry to hear that, I hope he makes a full recovery

It seems almost every day we hear stories like this and I guess it really hits home when it happens to someone so close.

Its about time decent law abiding folk get this country back, time for zero tolerence policy on violent crimes and punishments that fit the crime.

Fcking scum

Wish him well from all of Scoobynet!
Old 29 July 2007, 10:15 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

i echo all the above comments. best possible wishes from me and natalie. thoughts are with all the family in this troubled time.

i hope the 18 year old lass involved is more selective in the future with her friends.

hopefully the cctv will put these inbred ***** behind bars for a long time.
Old 29 July 2007, 10:16 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Thats aweful. I wish him all the best and he has a full recovery...
Old 29 July 2007, 10:17 PM
rallycol
Scooby Regular

I'm not religious by any stretch of the imagination ,but tonight I'll say a little prayer for him,and hope the low life get their just rewards.
Old 29 July 2007, 10:31 PM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

Thanks everyone for your kind words.
I too hope the scum that did this, gets his just deserts, but i have a funny feeling he wont.
We havent seen the cctv obviously, but i hope it caught everything.
Its gonna be a long hard slog to come back from this, but i hope if nothing else, it will serve as reminder to people, that there are some very nasty lowlifes out there, and if you dont need to get involved, please dont. This is where a simple act of human kindness gets you
Old 29 July 2007, 10:57 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

sheeet!

hope he's alright mate
Old 29 July 2007, 11:19 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nasty business but unfort so typical of events in this day and age

Hope he makes a full recovery Steph

Best wishes from us all
Old 29 July 2007, 11:46 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Echo the sentiments of the rest , Steff.. hope the scum get whats owing...
Old 30 July 2007, 01:30 AM
Prince Popeye
BANNED

Maybe i'm cynical but why post something like this. I've read the story and don't have a clue about the situation. Stuff like this should be kept between parties that know whats gone off.

Sorry to be blunt but i'm not following the usual lemming 'feel for ya mate' when all i read is
Old 30 July 2007, 01:52 AM
swampster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prince Popeye
Maybe i'm cynical but why post something like this. I've read the story and don't have a clue about the situation. Stuff like this should be kept between parties that know whats gone off.

Sorry to be blunt but i'm not following the usual lemming 'feel for ya mate' when all i read is
Perhaps, she's looking for a bit of support in a difficult time!? And posting is one way of getting it..

Speaking of which I hope the guy concerned pulls through ok!

I think I'd be heading to prison, because if the law didn't deal with it appropriately I'm not sure I'd be able to refrain from a little personal retribution!

Last edited by swampster; 30 July 2007 at 08:54 AM.
Old 30 July 2007, 02:14 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Popeye, quite a few of us on here know Steff personally. Having had my own brother hospitolised by a random stabbing incident I know only too well how emotional she will be feeling about this, and kind words, even from total strangers can sometimes make it a little easier. Now please delete your insensitive post.
Old 30 July 2007, 02:29 AM
carnivorous
Scooby Regular

here here. i second that...remove the stupid post....

all the best and good luck.
Old 30 July 2007, 08:50 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

This may come as a shock Prince Prickeye but nobody gives a toss about you in this instance....

Grow up and learn to have some empathy you self centered thoughtless *****
Old 30 July 2007, 08:56 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Then why even bother to post a reply?

Steph, hope everything turns out OK
Old 30 July 2007, 09:04 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steph,

Absolute nightmare! Fingers and toes crossed he maks a full recovery.
Old 30 July 2007, 09:13 AM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

I have to say I was a tad confused when first reading
that there are some very nasty lowlifes out there, and if you dont need to get involved, please dont. This is where a simple act of human kindness gets you
It made it sound like somebody had stepped in and made stuff worse however on second reading I know see that it means dont get involved if you see an incident cause you could end up like her uncle.

I do hope he makes a full recovery and that his daughter sees this gang in their true light now.

My only fear is that whoever did this will get someone in the justice system feeling sorry for them, thus resulting in community service.
Old 30 July 2007, 09:20 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Same as Corrodaboy

We know Steph personally too and our thoughts are with her and her uncle at this time
Old 30 July 2007, 09:25 AM
lestippp
Scooby Regular

Don't know you Steff but my thoughts are with you and I hope your uncle pulls through with no long term effects from this
I had a friend who was badly beaten years ago for no reason at all, the good news Steff.... he made a full recovery from it.

As for the the stupid poster, grow up dude, if like minded people, i.e. scooby fans can't support one another in times like this, what's the point. I hope nothing like this happens to you or yours. Or maybe this is what you do on a night out perhaps

These kids need to be treated according to their actions not their age. We are now living in an age where kids know that adults can't do more than raise their voice at them unless they want to be jailed whilst they can beat up old ladies for 50p and be told "that was very bad but we understand you are bored so we will send you some cd's and book you a trip to disney world" I had even less options when I was young but I didn't go out and steal cars or destroy other peoples lives.

Without discipline control is being lost and decent people are paying the price.... when will we wake up and take action and stop trying to be "politically correct". These kids need to know that if they threaten an adult then the adult will give them a sound thrashing to remind them who's boss, I say bring back corporal punishment, a good hit with a belt at school soon put you back on the straight and narrow.
Old 30 July 2007, 09:28 AM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Great way to impress the girlfriend by beating the father to within an inch of his life........... I really, really hope that he manages to make a full recovery. I had a cousin that was beaten to within an inch of his life when he was attacked and mugged on the tube. Coma, exactly the same predictions made with regards to permanent damage, eye etc. It took a couple of years but he made a near-full recovery so there is hope for you guys.

Take care and best wishes,

Nick.

P.S. I hope that in some freak accident the suspected secret boyfriend finds his head on a road with a car going over it.
Old 30 July 2007, 09:31 AM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

**** OFF! YOU ******* LITTLE CHAV ****!

[From Webmaster : Yes, thank you. That's not the kind of post we're looking for on ScoobyNet thank you.]

Last edited by ex-webby; 30 July 2007 at 10:00 AM.
Old 30 July 2007, 10:58 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Shocking Story.

Really hope he pulls threw. I also hope the British criminal system works in convicting these little *******. We hear far too often that people like these get away without any sentence at all, because of a technicality or lack of evidence.
They get away with it once, and think they can do it again and again without any consequences.

Quick Reply: Shocking story