Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Transformers The Movie

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2007, 09:01 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transformers The Movie

Went to watch it on a preview weekend thingummjig on Saturday afternoon...

I want those 143mins of my life back please! I will be writing to the producer demanding he invest his profits in a time machine to take me back to 17:00 on Saturday at which point I will walk past the cinema and into the neighburing pub instead!

All the adverts give the impression that this is a grown up version of the original comic and cartoon. "Their war, our world" etc... In reality you get a goof riddled (many blatantly apparant), woefully acted and dreadfully scripted CGI fest.
Now if you're a fan of storyless CGI then this film is for you...

Optimus Primes speaches are absurd but comical. All the human characters are bad parodies of the same kinds of characters from other bad films before them. Megan Fox was the only thing that stopped me walking out before the end..hmm hmm...

When Mrs Abdabz asked me what I thought all I could say was "at least the theme tune was good!".

I knew it wouldnt be an oscar winner, but with 12 months of hype and Youtube trailers etc, it seems that all this film can be is a victory for the box office, movie marketing experts and geeks who still read the comics...

Humph Truly gutted!

Last edited by Abdabz; 23 July 2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 23 July 2007, 09:08 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

To be fair, with Michael - I directed two of the worst films in history - Bay directing, it was never going to be great.

I'll still take the kids to see it, becaue, well, you know, it one of those films you *have* to see for yourself.
Old 23 July 2007, 09:12 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw it last night and although it really did drag on far to long i didn't think it was THAT bad
Old 23 July 2007, 09:14 AM
bennyboy
Scooby Regular

I have to disagree and thought this film was great!

It had everything... transforming machines, secret government agencies and Danny from Las Vegas. Its not a thinking mans film but it was never gonna be!
Old 23 July 2007, 09:30 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Only about the 18th thread on the film

It's Ok but very very cheesy at points and certainly not dark enough. Anyway it's worth watching just for Megan Fox. She looks great and pure filth at the same time!
Old 23 July 2007, 11:51 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

It did a big diservice to the cartoon...... Not enough fighting, not enough Transformers and far too much cheesy blurb and "morale highground"......

If I was a robot comed to save the earth and the guy was taking his time trying to find the glasses I would simply rip his roof off, tear his limbs off him and find 'em myself......
Old 23 July 2007, 11:51 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

P.S. Michael Bay ****** sucks!
Old 23 July 2007, 11:56 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ailer-1-a.html

My Fanboi thread.

I'll forgive the film but then I collect them and buy and sell on ebay and generally a big TF fan.

Yes, Michael (I'm a farkin twit) Bay was the achilles heel in the making of the film but its still got some good bits and a few homages to the cartoon.

Has any of you actually seen the original cartoon - its quite badly drawn to say the least (I've got every US Episode and most of the Japanese stuff that wasn't translated)

I think sadly Bay is with us for 2 and probably 3. If you fancy having a look at TFs now, find some Dreamwave G1 comics - quite dark and got some good Megatron stamping on humans scenes.

Edit - Anyone notice the Bay overload on the TV over the weekend? Pearl Necklace Harbour, The Rock.

Last edited by EddScott; 23 July 2007 at 12:01 PM.
Old 23 July 2007, 12:01 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
I think sadly Bay is with us for 2 and probably 3. .
I just cannot for the life of me understand why this man is let anywhere near big blockbuster movies, especially such a huge franchise, as opposed to made for TV trash.
Old 23 July 2007, 12:02 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
I just cannot for the life of me understand why this man is let anywhere near big blockbuster movies, especially such a huge franchise, as opposed to made for TV trash.
I did post a mini review in the other thread but then realised how much spoiler-age there was.

7.5 out of 10 was all I could give and I really do like my TFs - My collection is worth about a grand on ebay!

TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards Forum - If you can be bothered check out some of these guys collections - some take up rooms bigger than my living room!
Old 23 July 2007, 12:05 PM
Longjing
Scooby Regular

What's the deal with all films being nearly two and a half hors long these days? Very few have the quality to sustain interest that long... any film that's more than two hours long and isn't compelling all the way through has been poorly edited imo.

Seems to happen all the time now. Action/fun films like TF are supposed to be pacy, crash bang affairs. Why it needs to be so long is beyond me.
Old 23 July 2007, 12:10 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I did post a mini review in the other thread but then realised how much spoiler-age there was.

7.5 out of 10 was all I could give and I really do like my TFs - My collection is worth about a grand on ebay!

TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards Forum - If you can be bothered check out some of these guys collections - some take up rooms bigger than my living room!

a mate mentioned over the weekend he has a fair few of the transformers still as new in the original boxes. How much are they worth typically? Think he has Prime etc.
Old 23 July 2007, 12:17 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

AFA Transformers Optimus Prime Autobot Leader G1 MISB on eBay Transformers, Action Figures, Toys Hobbies (item 330149276631, end time 30-Jul-07 12:00:00 BST)

At the far end of the scale - seem them graded for more!!!

Can be as little as £40. Its very very dependent on the box. The box condition and style dictates the price.

I've sold a TRU Prime (Toys R Us re-issue) for £130 but it was Mint In Sealed Box (MISB)

Take a pic and mail it to me. I buy collections, break up what I want with what I don't and then sell them on and try not to lose too much money - odd occasion I make a few quid but it goes back into the tranny fund

edit - heres my Subaru transformers Check out further down the page and its my Transformers Collections set -all 21 go for about a grand on fleebay
https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...meets-eye.html

Last edited by EddScott; 23 July 2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 23 July 2007, 12:26 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

I make a few quid but it goes back into the tranny fund
Those ops can be quite expensive right enough
Old 23 July 2007, 12:37 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

AFA Transformers Optimus Prime Autobot Leader G1 MISB on eBay Transformers, Action Figures, Toys Hobbies (item 330149276631, end time 30-Jul-07 12:00:00 BST)

At the far end of the scale - seem them graded for more!!!

Can be as little as £40. Its very very dependent on the box. The box condition and style dictates the price.

I've sold a TRU Prime (Toys R Us re-issue) for £130 but it was Mint In Sealed Box (MISB)

Take a pic and mail it to me. I buy collections, break up what I want with what I don't and then sell them on and try not to lose too much money - odd occasion I make a few quid but it goes back into the tranny fund

edit - heres my Subaru transformers Check out further down the page and its my Transformers Collections set -all 21 go for about a grand on fleebay
https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...meets-eye.html
cheers. I'll get on at him to sort out pics and find out the full condition.
Old 23 July 2007, 12:47 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

wasn't mega impressed i have to say, but if you take it for what it is, fight between good an evil by a bunch of robots that transform, then its pretty good i thought.

the robots looked good, although i think a bit ott on the amount of detail eg to many stick out bits and not the clean lined robots i remember, the fight scenes are pretty good and some bits are very impressive indeed, such as starscream jumping and transforming in mid air.

all in all not a film to watch cos of storyline or acting, but a good acti0on film to pass the time and therefore worth watching and making your own opinion
Old 23 July 2007, 12:52 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossyboy
Those ops can be quite expensive right enough
Nah, pre-op with nice **** FTW every time.

I thank you
Old 23 July 2007, 01:19 PM
kaa273
Scooby Regular

I thought it was a great take on the franchise with his own ideas in there to make it his own movie