Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Nightmares

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2007, 09:10 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever seen final destination?

Basically, you probably have about, oo, a week, before you die horribly. After watching all your freinds die in increasingly unlikley/gruesome circumtances first.

Can I have your car?
Old 18 July 2007, 09:14 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

I get wierd dreams all the time, nothing on the scale of crashing planes etc but will dream of falling of something so trivial as a crub and I'll move my body in a way to try and catch myself. Ive dreamt of playing football before and woke up kicking my leg out uncontrolably as if I was kicking the ball.

Although I get alot of dreams giving de-ja-vu effects approx a week later but its nothing interesting, just a certain conversation in a particular place which triggers something off.
Old 18 July 2007, 09:20 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Coincidence.. is all..
Old 18 July 2007, 09:21 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Never watched those films, don't interest me at all so have stayed clear of them.
Pity, you at least would have known what to expect in the coming 7 days or so. Still, nice knowing you.
Old 18 July 2007, 09:46 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Anybody else have nightmares and then wake up to find similar circumstances have occured while you have been asleep?
Yeah. I had a nightmare once, that I'd pulled some ugly fat cow in a nightclub. I woke up in a sweat, turned and looked at what I was sleeping next to, only to find a ugly fat cow laid there.

I got my coat and left.

Trending Topics

Old 18 July 2007, 09:53 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I had a dream that I was helping Robbie Williams with his drug addition and the next day he went into rehab. I also have dreamt that my sister's sister-in-law was pregnant and then 2 weeks later was told she was. I don't have alot to do with the SIL, so why I would dream about her, I didn't know!

Am I a pyscho?
Old 18 July 2007, 09:55 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
I had a dream that I was helping Robbie Williams with his drug addition and the next day he went into rehab. I also have dreamt that my sister's sister-in-law was pregnant and then 2 weeks later was told she was. I don't have alot to do with the SIL, so why I would dream about her, I didn't know!

Am I a pyscho?

Possibly.

More likely Psychic, though.
Old 18 July 2007, 09:57 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Pity, you at least would have known what to expect in the coming 7 days or so. Still, nice knowing you.
Probably not the right thread for it but I PMSL at that
Old 18 July 2007, 10:08 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Possibly.

More likely Psychic, though.
Ah, that's OK then
Old 18 July 2007, 10:09 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Last night I woke up in a sweat after having a nightmare about a plane crash landing and skidding off the runway.

Then I hear on the radio this morning about a plane crash landing and everyone dieing on board as the plane slammed into a petrol station.
This would have been so much more impressive if you had posted it yesterday...
Old 18 July 2007, 10:12 AM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

I had a really wierd experience - not exactly a nightmare - but.... During the 1988 Olympics I'd watched Ben Johnson win the gold medal in the 100m and Lindford Christie got Bronze. That night I had a really wierd dream about the race - I dreamed something bad happened to Ben Johnson (in the no-specific way dreams work) and that Lindford Christie had somehow been given the silver medal instead.

When I woke up and put on the news.....

"Johnson stripped of Olympic gold
Sprinter Ben Johnson has been sent home from the Seoul Olympic Games in disgrace.
The Canadian has also been stripped of his 100m gold medal after testing positive for drugs. .....
Britain's Linford Christie - who was awarded the silver medal after Johnson's disqualification - said he felt sorry for someone who had been a "great ambassador" for the sport. "

I was a student at the time and can only assume someone in a nearby room had a TV or radio on and I somehow heard it in my sleep. Jolly wierd though.
Old 18 July 2007, 10:24 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Drunken Bungle *****
I was a student at the time and can only assume someone in a nearby room had a TV or radio on and I somehow heard it in my sleep. Jolly wierd though.
This is the most likely explanation in most of these cases. I had a similar experience when Diana died. I dreamt she had died the night she was killed, and later realised that I had heard it on the TV (which was left on when I had gone to sleep) subconsiously.
Old 18 July 2007, 11:23 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Yeah. I had a nightmare once, that I'd pulled some ugly fat cow in a nightclub. I woke up in a sweat, turned and looked at what I was sleeping next to, only to find a ugly fat cow laid there.

I got my coat and left.
thought cows slept stood up?
Old 18 July 2007, 11:45 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

They do say that you should never tell anyone about a nightmare until you have had breakfast, or it will happen to you!

Les
Old 18 July 2007, 11:56 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
They do say that you should never tell anyone about a nightmare until you have had breakfast, or it will happen to you!

I had a nightmare last night that I won £14million pounds on the lottery, and I had to share half of it with Carmen Electra on the agreement she would become my love slave until she reaches her sell-by date.
Old 18 July 2007, 12:00 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

I have really awful nightmares sometimes about people dying, but thankfully nothing has happened in relation to them Nobody has died, thanfully and those who I have dreamt of, I would truly be devastated if they did

Dreams on the other hand....I often dream of my deceased grandparents and we talk etc and I always cry and want to hug them before I wake up because I know that I can't hug them or speak to them once I am awake, so I'm not sure if it's kind of visitation Their way of contacting me now?

I have dreamt of other things happening and days or weeks later they actually have, but they are dreams not nightmares!

Some dreams do disturb me though and I end up thinking about them and try to analyse them, but nothing comes of it, until the actual event happens and it freaks me out!
Old 18 July 2007, 12:08 PM
bish667
Scooby Regular

when i get deja-vu (very rarely) i think its cos iv done and seen the exact same in a dream before.

also had a few dreams that have pretty much come true a day or 2 after, mainly ones relating to ex-girlfriends leaving me. reckon its my subconscious feeling that its going to happen so my mind makes me dream it.

i generally remember most of my dreams,some bad some good.
Old 18 July 2007, 12:11 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bish667

i generally remember most of my dreams,some bad some good.
This makes no sense.

By default, you only remember the dreams you remember. You canlt remember the ones you don't

We all have several dreams every night during REM sleep - Most of which we have no recollection of.
Old 18 July 2007, 12:31 PM
bish667
Scooby Regular

This makes no sense.

By default, you only remember the dreams you remember. You canlt remember the ones you don't

We all have several dreams every night during REM sleep - Most of which we have no recollection of.
ok fair point ,well the dreams i remember i remember
Old 18 July 2007, 12:38 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
thought cows slept stood up?
not if its going to rain
Old 18 July 2007, 12:50 PM
grovesy
Scooby Regular

I dreamt I was eating a very big marshmallow, and when I woke up my pillow was missing.... freaky......
Old 18 July 2007, 12:51 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grovesy
I dreamt I was eating a very big marshmallow, and when I woke up my pillow was missing.... freaky......
Ya big pillow biter
Old 18 July 2007, 01:11 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I had a nightmare last night that I won £14million pounds on the lottery, and I had to share half of it with Carmen Electra on the agreement she would become my love slave until she reaches her sell-by date.
I now want that nightmare too.
Old 18 July 2007, 01:21 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Bravo, mind is an amazing thing! Unconscious and subconscious is believed to be more perceptive and receptive than the conscious mind. Science and logic will call yours and others "turning into reality" photographic dreams a mere coincedence, while people researching telepathy and other unexplained phenomina will carry on researching on subjects like that to find answers, arguing, that just because something can't be proven, it doesn't mean it never occurs.

DK, dreams are looked at mainly in two ways. Interpretation of them, or a belief, that your dreams are nothing but YOU; displaying your thoughts, your emotions, your anxieties and other feelings. The latter one sounds more of a realistic approach to understand them. Although sometimes, it makes you wonder why you dreamt about something that never even crossed your mind? Which part of the brain conceived and treasured that info, you could wreck your head over it for hours! Very interesting stuff, these dreams/nightmares.

Last edited by Turbohot; 18 July 2007 at 08:24 PM.
Old 18 July 2007, 01:35 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

At the time the news broke about the plane crash I was bollocking through the open roads of the Brecon Beacon and beyond. The only vehicles I saw were two petrol tankers.
Could be a link there.

Mind you I also came across a big white van in the middle of the road at 90 degrees with some nutter trying to push it back straight after crashing it.
He was ok so I didn't hang about what with hearing about all the car jacking etc...

Crashes, petrol, mountains. Perhaps a pattern is emerging.
Old 18 July 2007, 04:21 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Dan W

Crashes, petrol, mountains. Perhaps a pattern is emerging.
Only because you're looking for one
Old 18 July 2007, 04:44 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

I have had a recent spate of bed wetting

Put the news on in the morning, and Yorkshire's under 3ft of water
Old 18 July 2007, 05:17 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

2 nights back i had a nightmare about a load of work men blocking off the entrance to the carwash with trucks and no matter how much i shouted and threw people/things about, they wouldn't move them

came into work the next day and within 30 mins of me opening up, loads of workmen arrived on the road, started digging stuff up and shut the road down to 1 lane only, meaning nobody could get into the site at all from the busiest direction

Quick Reply: Nightmares