Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The Eco bandwagon

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2007, 09:19 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Eco bandwagon

Anyone else think that its gone into overdrive recently, every advert on telly involves companies selling us an eco product like they give a toss, or Maddona calling everyone 'MotherF*ckers" in the name of Live Earth, who is she to comment with her Range Rovers, international jet setting with entourage, several homes and conspicuous consumption, go away you sanctimonious manky old slag !
Old 16 July 2007, 09:19 PM
VoteConservative!
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed.
Old 16 July 2007, 09:25 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

6 monthe ago they were telling us this summer was going to be the hottest ever due to global warming. Now its a washout its global warming that has caused it surely the British public can see this for the bollox that it is.
Old 16 July 2007, 09:34 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

The lenor one drives me up the wall...

"If everyone bought the small concentrate bottle, we would be able to take 15 bazillion lorries off the road shipping the big bottles"

THEN STOP SELLING THE BIG BOTTLES THEN YOU CVNTS - ITS.NOT.OUR.FAULT.YOU.MAKE.THEM.
Old 16 July 2007, 09:40 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PeteBrant

THEN STOP SELLING THE BIG BOTTLES THEN YOU CVNTS - ITS.NOT.OUR.FAULT.YOU.MAKE.THEM.
Thats one of the funniest rants I've ever seen

Recommend you track down "The Great Global Warming Swindle" on YouTube. Dutch TV showed it last week and had some scientists from both sides in the studio. The environmentalist ones were visibly cringing at being rumbled in public.
Old 16 July 2007, 09:46 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

The advert that really gets my goat is the Smart ForTwo "Because we care".

NO YOU DON'T YOU FECKLESS *******S IT'S BECAUSE YOU'VE SMELT A MONEY MAKING OPPORTUNITY!

Anyone taken in by the "Green" image protrayed by any of these companies (Vauxhall ad is another example) needs their bumps felt.

I'm glad I'm selling my economical diesel and replaced it with a 4 litre V8, hopefully I'll "offset" some tree hugger who's bought a Prius.
Old 16 July 2007, 09:47 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by kingofturds
6 monthe ago they were telling us this summer was going to be the hottest ever due to global warming. Now its a washout its global warming that has caused it surely the British public can see this for the bollox that it is.
that's why they've started referring to it as "climate change". That way, it can be blamed for EVERYTHING!

Alcazar

Trending Topics

Old 16 July 2007, 09:50 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
that's why they've started referring to it as "climate change". That way, it can be blamed for EVERYTHING!

Alcazar
Imagine, they could start showing daily "climate change" reports on the TV
Old 16 July 2007, 10:07 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Yep I said that at the weekend the TV's gone nuts with eco adverts..

Whether it's "advertised" as Saving the planet or not it's far far far from a bad thing to be doing ANYWAY.
It's about time we worked with nature instead of against it.
For no other reason than we SHOULD BE.

Shame stuff like this isn't more widely publicised.
YouTube - Greenpeace : Amazing new technology cuts CO2 emissions 99.5%

Don't think doing your green bit by filling up with bio fuel will help either.
YouTube - Greenpeace Say No To Deforestation Diesel
Although if farmers like my family get their act together we could make it work

Andy
Old 16 July 2007, 10:46 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Angry

Yup - for example Ariel - switch down to 30 degrees and hug a Polar bear. Hell, we had only just gone from 60 to 40 - what next - "you can now wash in Ariel at minus five degrees, and at the same time make a penguin nest"??

They will be inventing some sort of "carbon offsetting" next, where you can defactate all over the place and pay a third-world country to pick up the pieces (whilst getting MASSIVE tax subsidies)!!

mb
Old 16 July 2007, 10:59 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by hutton_d
PS: wish those people on the Defra 'carbon footprint' ad would wash their feet ...
...and that's another thing - why the **** are we, the taxpayer, footing the bill for DEFRA's propaganda commercials Aren't they the ones that burnt tens of thousands of cattle on open bonfires, rather that administer EC approved vaccines??

mb
Old 16 July 2007, 11:02 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

M&S wanting to reduce & make its packaging more eco friendly...

now correct me if i'm wrong, but wasnt all this plastic stuff brought in by the big manufacturers as the way forward,.. So they could get food to you as fresh as the day nature intended!!

how many times have they been criticised for excess packaging round a product.

so they want to save the planet by reducing packaging...

well get rid of it,

Use paper bags, and employ people to make the sandwiches fresh instore

If all the big supermarkets wanted to cut down on all the carrier bags used, then stop providing them

overnight they could reduce the output by 99%

and i thought there was a big hoo haa a few years back about carrier

bags, and thats why we had these new thin biodegradable bags?

Surely given our great chemists and scientists, they could come up with a biodegradable plastic?

Mart
Old 17 July 2007, 12:55 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
Thats one of the funniest rants I've ever seen

Recommend you track down "The Great Global Warming Swindle" on YouTube. Dutch TV showed it last week and had some scientists from both sides in the studio. The environmentalist ones were visibly cringing at being rumbled in public.
I enjoyed that , very interesting and kind of confirms a lot of things for me.
I remember a couple of years ago you would hear both sides of the argument, like the amount of warming, if its 1, 2 or 3 degrees more etc, and now you don't ever here that debated , man I was even starting to fall for it all.

Always thought it a bit arrogant for us humans to think we could have such an impact, and as they touched on, the climate has been going up and down long before man walked the earth, shore I actually learnt about that at school.

I think sensationalism is going to be the key word for this generation or at least this decade..bloomin bull sht media don't help things.
Old 17 July 2007, 01:42 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boomer
...and that's another thing - why the **** are we, the taxpayer, footing the bill for DEFRA's propaganda commercials Aren't they the ones that burnt tens of thousands of cattle on open bonfires, rather that administer EC approved vaccines??

mb
Youre getting confused. DEFRA are the department that choose a highly complicated system for paying out CAP payments to farmers, cocked it up totally with a computer system costing around £200 million that still doesnt work, resulting in farmers not getting payments for over a year (some committing suicide in the wait), then because they are so incompetent get fined £350 million by the EU. Sooo, in order to pay it, they cut spending on flood prevention because as we have global warming, we dont need to repair the flood protection. Then we have some rain and Hull gets wiped out.

You just cant make it up
Old 17 July 2007, 10:04 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Anyone see Dispatches on C4 last night - all about the BS behind carbon offsetting? As I've said before on here: be very sceptical of any topic that the government endorses. Be even more sceptical when big businesses start using the same topic in their marketing campaigns...

Gobal warming, sorry: 'Climate Change' is all about control. It's genius really - you can't see it, you can claim its the cause of just about every problem in the world, no matter what you do (as an individual or a race), the results are questionable and can be interpreted in a miriad of ways. Anyone who stands up and says they don't agree is shouted down as a lunatic.

Now replace climate change with religion - there's not a great deal of difference. Add in the fact that carbon offsetting allows people to pay their penance (as opposed to confession and 3 hail marys) and then still carry on as normal ('but at least I've done my bit'.....) and the whole thing turns into a joke. What is so worrying is the number of people that are willing to buy into this without questioning it.
Old 17 July 2007, 10:22 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

I wish these eco campaigners would just stop breathing..... it would help reduce CO2
Old 17 July 2007, 10:53 AM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

climate change is the new religion

can't wait for the carbon extremists to start a jihad on the save the wales activists
Old 17 July 2007, 12:52 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
I'm glad I'm selling my economical diesel and replaced it with a 4 litre V8, hopefully I'll "offset" some tree hugger who's bought a Prius.
Its okay - you can drive your V8 around for months Carbon Free in order to offset all of the enviromental damage caused in order to make the battery cells for the Prius

There are so many easy ways to help the enviroment, but easy doesn't = money making.
Old 17 July 2007, 01:05 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Shoot the Cows. End of problem.
Old 17 July 2007, 01:07 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Another excuse to eat more meat

Easting red meat should count towards reducing my carbon footprint
Old 17 July 2007, 07:17 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Simple really.Politicians will only get of their asses to do things that get them more votes or more money.
The 'Green' issue is a perfect platform.
Scare everyone witless with horror senarios that can be 'proved' by stats.
Make everyone feel guilty for contributing to the iminent dissaster.
Tax everyone more for being evil anti-envrionmentalists.

Does anyone really believe that the government is genuinely concerned about the environment? Just a few years ago the Green Party ,Green Peace etc. where seen as groups of hippy radical fools but now that they can see that it makes money & votes they have all jumped on the bandwagon.

Politicians are not that clever!The one golden rules to see why they do anything is to follow the revenue generating trail & opinion polls.
Old 17 July 2007, 07:20 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jjones
climate change is the new religion

can't wait for the carbon extremists to start a jihad on the save the wales activists
We don't want to save Wales - they're a funny lot over there