Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

M4 Wales cams & terrorism

Search this Thread

Old 07 July 2007, 02:11 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M4 Wales cams & terrorism

I trundle up and down the M4 almost daily these days and was just wondering if anyone knows what those white CCTV like temporary cameras on tripods are? They have been on one of the first bridges after the Severn bridge, Westbound for a week now. Hidden to the side is generally an unmarked vehicle too.

If it's ANPR [like the white van based one near St Mellons [with 3 standing by panda cars and a black Evo] and helping the fight against terrorists then that's fine [no pun intended] and probably a good use of technology. However may I suggest they could prove to be better detectives a few miles up the road at the Heath hospital car park?

D
Old 07 July 2007, 03:22 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel
I trundle up and down the M4 almost daily these days and was just wondering if anyone knows what those white CCTV like temporary cameras on tripods are? They have been on one of the first bridges after the Severn bridge, Westbound for a week now. Hidden to the side is generally an unmarked vehicle too.

If it's ANPR [like the white van based one near St Mellons [with 3 standing by panda cars and a black Evo] and helping the fight against terrorists then that's fine [no pun intended] and probably a good use of technology. However may I suggest they could prove to be better detectives a few miles up the road at the Heath hospital car park?

D
They do seem on the increase, with reagrds to terrorism i suppose it will pick up unregistered vehicles or vehicles on the 'watch list' for example although i would imagine the terrorist doctors had the correct paperwork, V5, tax, MOT and insurance before they set off for Glasgow airport.