Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2007, 07:48 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Gordon Brown GMTV 19 June 2007 07:12

On the NHS.

The NHS is SOOO important to the people of Britain, Everybody uses it and
I know that we put more money in and I know that we will put MORE in, to get more out and I want the British people to know that I take that the most seriously.

"The NHS is SOOO important to the people of Britain" [Just more important in Scotland]

"Everybody uses it" [Unless they are a fat smoker in which case they'll be told to sling their hook]

"we will put MORE in, to get more out" [We'll take more money out of taxpayers pockets to put more money into wasteful administrative spin doctoring rather than make the tax pound work harder]

I didn't vote for this slimeball - Why is he being allowed into the top job ?
Old 19 June 2007, 08:25 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods
I didn't vote for this slimeball - Why is he being allowed into the top job ?
Because we have a flawed political system that says we vote in the party and not the individual. While true to a certain extent the leader of any party has a huge influence on the vote for that party hence I think that should a prime minster step down whilst in office the country should go to the polls.

I thought the same when Thatcher was ousted and we got Jiohn Major as a prime minister by default although frankly even Genghis Khan would have been better than Thatcher at that point
Old 19 June 2007, 08:43 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

This morning as GB said "We'll be putting more money in to the NHS" I thought "yup but it will all go on yet more red tape rather than actually improving anything" then GB continued "to introduce more measures..." guess I was right then!

Stop introducing more of the wrong bloody measures and sort the problem out.

As for the Prison fiasco, why don't we just ask France or Germany if they have any free space and then ship them over there, or better yet Iraq, that would make the ******* think twice about re-offending!
Old 19 June 2007, 08:46 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Its the daft Private Finance Initiative that is killing things so badly atm. The costs are just massive. We have a new fancy looking hospital, but it costs so much per year on PFI that we have recently just closed a bunch of wards...that we still have to pay for

Totally stupid idea from the very beginning...
Old 19 June 2007, 10:54 AM
crofty
Scooby Regular

I didn't vote for this slimeball - Why is he being allowed into the top job ?[/QUOTE]

I agree if as Tony Nightblair has chosen to step down we should have a general election to choose our new leader/party, and not get Brown by default.
Old 19 June 2007, 11:04 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I don't want the Scottish Tw*t running my country. I voted Blair.

TBO though, I think Brown's rule will be short lived. Can't see Labour winning another election. The Tories are just as bad, but we need a change.

All Cameron has to say is :

A) I'll close the borders and set up a tast force that will chuck out illegal imigrants.

B) Cut red tape within the NHS. Allow money to be spent on care rather than management & consultants giving themselves huge new contracts.

C) Abandon speed camera's and get back to the Police policing the roads. allow the Police themselves to set policies and abandon targets.

D) scrap `Green Taxes` as it's all a load of tripe anyway.

They'll get my vote.

Sadly they won't though.
Old 19 June 2007, 11:26 AM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stilover

TBO though, I think Brown's rule will be short lived. Can't see Labour winning another election. The Tories are just as bad, but we need a change.

A) I'll close the borders and set up a tast force that will chuck out illegal imigrants.

B) Cut red tape within the NHS. Allow money to be spent on care rather than management & consultants giving themselves huge new contracts.

C) Abandon speed camera's and get back to the Police policing the roads. allow the Police themselves to set policies and abandon targets.

They'll get my vote.

Sadly they won't though.

So you voted for Blair - an English ****.

Gordon Brown is a prize c***, of that there is no doubt. His country of birth has nothing to do with that.

Of course, if you hadn't voted for the "English" **** Blair in the first place, you wouldn't have the "Scottish" **** Brown now running "your" country, would you?
Old 19 June 2007, 11:47 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Devildog
So you voted for Blair - an English ****.

Gordon Brown is a prize c***, of that there is no doubt. His country of birth has nothing to do with that.

Of course, if you hadn't voted for the "English" **** Blair in the first place, you wouldn't have the "Scottish" **** Brown now running "your" country, would you?
Agreed, best man or woman for the job, even if they are a sweaty or a sheep-*******

Currently Cameron would get my vote. Why, because i dislike him less and trust him slightly more than Brown or NL in general.

It may not be ideal but thats about as good as it get at the moment IMHO

It is time for a change NL are a joke and just f**king things up as time goes by.

I just wish there was a clear and obvious choice in opposition.
Old 19 June 2007, 12:15 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover

They'll get my vote.

Sadly they won't though.
A lot of good points in this post. Trouble is, I am not sure about anything to do with the Turquoise Chamelion. I have this awful fear that he sees himself as the man to continue Billy Boy's policies! Maybe the Conservatives will replace him with someone who will clear up the NL mess we are in.

Les
Old 19 June 2007, 01:13 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
A lot of good points in this post. Trouble is, I am not sure about anything to do with the Turquoise Chamelion. I have this awful fear that he sees himself as the man to continue Billy Boy's policies! Maybe the Conservatives will replace him with someone who will clear up the NL mess we are in.

Les
Not unless he loses the next election they won't