Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Petitioned and emailed!

Les
Old 30 May 2007, 12:59 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give him the Medical Treatment needed - but no need to allow him to settle here ..... it would set a dangerous precident.
Old 30 May 2007, 01:03 PM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

petition signed
Old 30 May 2007, 01:28 PM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

signed. pretty inspiring stuff, that certainly deserves the medical treatment i think.
Old 30 May 2007, 01:41 PM
Painkiller
Scooby Regular

We need more thanks for those that have done it
Old 30 May 2007, 01:58 PM
amahrap
Scooby Regular

Nice to see that GAESO are up to their normal arm twisting and emotional blackmail in the British press again. Good to see that Gurhkas are always well supported by the public - but believe me you are not getting all the facts here and this is part of a bigger campaign preying on perceived inequalities (that are not unequal in reality but don't let facts get in the way - not that any of you actually have been given any).

Trending Topics

Old 30 May 2007, 04:01 PM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

ok - provide the facts so that we can
Old 30 May 2007, 04:17 PM
Painkiller
Scooby Regular

Yes facts and keep this thread tidy please.
Old 30 May 2007, 04:25 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Not sure on this one. Most of the appeal focuses on the needs of this one VC hero, then when you go to the petition site it talks about all the Gurhkas, not just VC heros.

The Gurhkas are held in high esteem by many, me included, just like all our other allies that fought and died alongside us during many wars. However, just because you are an ally does not mean that citizenship should be automatic, just imo.

For this one person, given that we thought he was good enough to have a VC, then we sure as damn well better think he is good enough for some medical care. An exceptional case imo, email sent, but not signed the petition.
Old 30 May 2007, 04:25 PM
amahrap
Scooby Regular

i am more than willing to do so but in person rather than on a public forum. GAESO uk lawyers are very active and i really don't want to fall into the "a govt spokesman was quoted as saying" trap

Just to say that in some cases the sob stories are actively sought out and pressured to complain even if they didn't want too. The complanants are talked into joining up and making the case based on flawed logic, missrepresentation and the promise of vast riches.

In this case the story is probably correct(ish) if you take it at face value but there is a much wider issue and campaign here in the background.

BTW - for example there is no need to collect the pension in person anymore, you can, but don't need to. Therefore some of the drama iof the story is removed.

Gurkhas are well renumerated and are (if you look at the total picture) no better or worse off than the UK guys. It just seems so from newspaper headlines.
Old 30 May 2007, 04:28 PM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

ok understood - can you point to a website that may have this info on so I can find it myself then
Old 30 May 2007, 06:32 PM
amahrap
Scooby Regular

Dave,

I will take a look at the information that is available to me and see what i can release tomorrow when at work. If i can i will post on here so you can all take a look.

Don't get me wrong, i'm a big fan of the Gurkhas and visit Nepal regularly - i'm just concerned that their best interests are not served by orchestrated media manipulation in the UK.
Old 30 May 2007, 06:39 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Whatever

They're all brave heroes in my book
Old 30 May 2007, 07:09 PM
Painkiller
Scooby Regular

To fvcking right heroes they are
Old 30 May 2007, 07:18 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

"The KING has been graciously pleased to approve the award of the VICTORIA CROSS to :- No. 10119 Rifleman Tullbahadur (sic) Pun, 6th Gurkha Rifles, Indian Army. In Burma on June 23rd, 1944, a Battalion of the 6th Gurkha Rifles was ordered to attack the Railway Bridge at Mogaung. Immediately the attack developed the enemy opened concentrated and sustained cross fire at close range from a position known as the Red House and from a strong bunker position two hundred yards to the left of it. So intense was this cross fire that both the leading platoons of 'B' Company, one of which was Rifleman Tulbahadur (sic) Pun's, were pinned to the ground and the whole of his Section was wiped out with the exception of himself, the Section commander and one other man. The Section commander immediately led the remaining two men in a charge on the Red House but was at once badly wounded. Rifleman Tulbahadur (sic) Pun and his remaining companion continued the charge, but the latter too was immediately wounded. Rifleman Tulbahadur (sic) Pun then seized the Bren Gun, and firing from the hip as he went, continued the charge on this heavily bunkered position alone, in the face of the most shattering concentration of automatic fire, directed straight at him. With the dawn coming up behind him, he presented a perfect target to the Japanese. He had to move for thirty yards over open ground, ankle deep in mud, through shell holes and over fallen trees. Despite these overwhelming odds, he reached the Red House and closed with the Japanese occupants. He killed three and put five more to flight and captured two light machine guns and much ammunition. He then gave accurate supporting fire from the bunker to the remainder of his platoon which enabled them to reach their objective. His outstanding courage and superb gallantry in the face of odds which meant almost certain death were most inspiring to all ranks and beyond praise."
****ing hardcore man
astraboy.
Old 30 May 2007, 07:41 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Done
Old 31 May 2007, 10:12 AM
Painkiller
Scooby Regular

Up you go
Old 31 May 2007, 01:11 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Agree with some others on here. Medical care is deserved for sure, residency though a nonono
Plus petition seems to focus on more than just this brave hero, so I am unable to sign.
Old 31 May 2007, 02:05 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Agree with some others on here. Medical care is deserved for sure, residency though a nonono
Plus petition seems to focus on more than just this brave hero, so I am unable to sign.
Why not , he's done more for this country than most Brits will ever do.
Old 31 May 2007, 02:38 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pslewis
Give him the Medical Treatment needed - but no need to allow him to settle here ..... it would set a dangerous precident.
Dangerous precedent? we already have millions of immigrants scrounging off the Nhs and all the other benefits, not to mention the 2 million or so Brits doing the same. Why shouldn't someone who actually contributed to this country receive the same treatment?

I bet those remaining ww2 vetrans wished they let those German tanks roll on over to England now.

Oh and signed
Old 31 May 2007, 05:40 PM
Painkiller
Scooby Regular

Thanks kot
Old 05 June 2007, 09:51 AM
amahrap
Scooby Regular

the jellyfish in charge against all the advice they were given have caved in and granted a visa. Thanks NL short term headlines over long term problems win yet again.

I feel sorry for this old boy, at his time of life and health he shouldn't be used in this way to further causes that he really doesn't understand.
Old 05 June 2007, 09:57 AM
Chief Constable Gene Hunt
BANNED

Originally Posted by amahrap
the jellyfish in charge against all the advice they were given have caved in and granted a visa. Thanks NL short term headlines over long term problems win yet again.

I feel sorry for this old boy, at his time of life and health he shouldn't be used in this way to further causes that he really doesn't understand.
So you would have let him 'rot' to prove a point....
Old 05 June 2007, 10:10 AM
amahrap
Scooby Regular

he wasn't rotting and you have all been lied to by a gulible press manipulated by a group prepared to use missinformation, half truths and lies to further their aims. This issue has nothing to do with this guy, he is just a poster child and sadly you have all fallen for it as planned by them.
Old 05 June 2007, 10:23 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by amahrap
he wasn't rotting and you have all been lied to by a gulible press manipulated by a group prepared to use missinformation, half truths and lies to further their aims. This issue has nothing to do with this guy, he is just a poster child and sadly you have all fallen for it as planned by them.

End of the day he was awarded the Victoria cross fighting for this country Let my taxes pay for this bloke and send some feckless British/immigrant layabout to Indonisia to live in his shack.
Old 05 June 2007, 10:54 AM
amahrap
Scooby Regular

shack?

why should a financially well off pensioner whos £290 p.m. pension is 26x the average per person GDP in Nepal live in a shack?

BTW did the story fail to mention this, i wonder why????