Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Arent the public lovely !

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2007, 10:49 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Arent the public lovely !

My wife's aunt lives in a Welsh seaside town right on the seaside, near the beach.

She has to contend with,

People leaving a days worth or their litter on the beach, ask them to take it with them, get told to f*ck off.

Glass bottles being smashed on the rocks that she sweeps up almost daily with a dustpan and brush. 20 or so Kronenburg bottles the other day, bear in mind that families with kids use it during the day.

Her fence and gates being used as firewood by those who like a nice barbecue on the beach, 2 grand's worth this year so far. They also use the warning signs as firewood that she has to provide and has to pay public liability insurance to let the ungrateful public across part of her land.

Beer bottles/pint pots launched onto her driveway and garden

People p1ssing and sh1tting on her steps

Getting obscene gestures when looking out of the window.

Fireworks at 2am from the beach, aimed at the house.

Having to call the Ambulance for teenagers so drunk and drugged they are basically going to die without medical intervention.

Its just sad really, I would be out with a baseball bat within a week, even though the Police do a reasonable job they cant be there all day and night.
Old 29 May 2007, 11:15 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shot in the dark, Swansea? Anywhere near?
Old 30 May 2007, 08:23 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Sadly that is basically what the UK is coming to. The majority of its inhabitants are scum, simple as that. May sound harsh, but it's true.

I don't suppose the police have been at all interested in having a nosey, seeing as it hapens so regularly they may be able to catch a few at it which could deter others if their prosecution was plastered across the local press.

Sadly thoiugh I guess they are probably to busy with the speed guns
Old 30 May 2007, 10:10 AM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

scum, and their everywhere
Old 30 May 2007, 10:14 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Andy Porter
scum, and their everywhere
Hear, they're and everywear..... there scum, and if I lived their I'd make sure they're parents wear tolled what they where up to
Old 30 May 2007, 10:16 AM
miss*scoobygav555*
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately Britain is full of these scummy little turds!!!
Old 30 May 2007, 10:19 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Hear, they're and everywear..... there scum, and if I lived their I'd make sure they're parents wear tolled what they where up to
LOL Of course this is a car forum so that sort of stuff doesn't matter, and the visible signs of declining standards in schools has absolutely nothing to do with the problems we're now seeing.
Old 30 May 2007, 10:34 AM
bartus
Scooby Newbie

I hope that sentence was taking the p1ss....
Old 30 May 2007, 10:39 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

buy this stuff:
Anti Climb Spray - Reduced to £6.99 (half normal price) each when you buy 2. Effectively 2 for 1. Emulsions, Paint, Varnish and Preparations DEEMARK
She'll have to put up with a black garden fence, but at least it'll stay put.
astraboy.
Old 30 May 2007, 11:13 AM
john_s
Scooby Regular

Landmines
Old 30 May 2007, 11:25 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Sadly that is basically what the UK is coming to. The majority of its inhabitants are scum, simple as that. May sound harsh, but it's true.
That's what happens when you don't have a large scale war on the European continent per generation... Too much cannon fodder breeding.
Old 30 May 2007, 12:16 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

I've just come back home for a couple of weeks from Thailand, where I'm working, and can't believe how scum ridden this country is getting
Old 30 May 2007, 12:38 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

27 Years ago
When I was a lad
We used to have beach parties most nights.
We did used to get horrendously pissed sometimes.
Play loundish music - but we were not too near houses
Go naked skinny dipping
Light fair sizish fires
The odd gate was nicked for wood every now and then
The odd fence was pissed against
We were not perfect and a bit yobish at times
But it was all fairly inocent stuff - when you compare it to what is happening JACKOs family member.
Kind of illustrates the change in society over the past few decades!
Steve
Old 30 May 2007, 12:44 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by J4CKO

Having to call the Ambulance for teenagers so drunk and drugged they are basically going to die without medical intervention.
Might be time to let one of two of them die then? Harsh I know, but nothing will happen otherwise, as it sounds like 'out of sight, out of mind' is the case here. Nothing like a few deaths to focus the attention the situation deserves.

On a tangent, I find it amazing that David Cameron is opposed to building more grammar schools. To me, it would be the obvious start to reversing the current social decline of standards, not just educational.

My 8 year old son is doing well at school, but he's been held back by kids in the same class who can't even speak correctly, never mind read and write. It would be so good, if at 11, he could go to a school where kids are not obsessed with swearing, ********, drinking and drugs. As it is, I'll probably have to pay for that privilege.
Old 30 May 2007, 12:45 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

This sort of shameful behaviour is also just as bad down here in the West Country.

The locals hate the thought of all the unpleasantness and boorish behaviour but unfortunately have to put up with it to a certain extent since the economy here relies on tourism.

They walk around all over the place as if they own it, all over the roads which are not pedestrianised, throw their rubbish all over the place, feed the seagulls in spite of being asked not to thus encouraging a public and dangerous menace, throw up all over the streets, vandalise the attractive gardens and fountains etc causing irrepairable damage, treat locals as though they are something the dog brought in, push everyone out of their way-including the disabled,and spend the day shouting at each other, and that is just a small example of their behaviour!

I very much regret the seriously bad manners and lack of thought for anyone else but themselves which is demonstrated these days. F1 fan has got it right!

Les
Old 30 May 2007, 12:47 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by ^Qwerty^
It would be so good, if at 11, he could go to a school where kids are not obsessed with swearing, ********, drinking and drugs. As it is, I'll probably have to pay for that privilege.
Best not let him access scoobynet either then
Old 30 May 2007, 12:50 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Best not let him access scoobynet either then
There is a boy in his class, who is 8 in August. He makes comments about the size of ladies breasts. Says more for his parents than him, but considering the individual in question and other things that he does, IMO his life is already wasted
Old 30 May 2007, 01:26 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

my five year old boy comments on womens breasts, smriks and smiles and points at them an then shoves things up his jumper and copies them,

i know you are all going to say how terrible it is, but god he is funny
Old 30 May 2007, 01:37 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

on the subject of rotten people

my deeply religeous neighbour parked in a disabled spot at the gym the other day to do her aqua aerobics lesson
what a kind person
Old 30 May 2007, 01:42 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

It's happening across the board though. Earlier today I was in town and waiting to cross a road, at the side of me were two old ladies waiting patiently to cross also. Car after car passed and not one had the decency to stop and let these two old dears pass. In frustration I finally said 'you'd expect someone to have the courtesy to stop'. The two ladies gave me a rueful look and one of them said 'we're just in the way now'. What a sad state of affairs, it irked me no end I tell you.
Old 30 May 2007, 01:44 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

i blame all those rap videos morals have gone up the sh1tter
Old 30 May 2007, 01:47 PM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

abersoch?
Old 30 May 2007, 01:48 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate
i blame all those rap videos morals have gone up the sh1tter
They certainly don't help. With the 'gangsta' lifestyle and all that 'bling' they need to be banned. I am not pro censure but enough is enough bring back Mary Whitehouse and Maggie Thatcher they'd soon sort things out!
Old 30 May 2007, 01:49 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

wifes sister went shopping, waited behind a car pulling out of a parking bay, put her hazards on, some mong tried to get in the space before her, as it happened neither could get in the space ,
he started calling her, so she give him what for he called her a bitch, went shopping, gues what
a nice slough racing stripe from the back light to the front light gauged in her car done by a key, wish id have caught him
Old 30 May 2007, 04:28 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate
wifes sister went shopping, waited behind a car pulling out of a parking bay, put her hazards on, some mong tried to get in the space before her, as it happened neither could get in the space ,
he started calling her, so she give him what for he called her a bitch, went shopping, gues what
a nice slough racing stripe from the back light to the front light gauged in her car done by a key, wish id have caught him
If, when out, I have an 'exchange of words' I make sure that the other party sees me noting down their registration.... just in case
Old 31 May 2007, 02:55 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Had some lowlife steal my sons travel bag out of the trolley at asda at the week end, and for what? a bag worth 20 quid tops, a few nappies some baby clothes and baby food, what a haul of booty they hooked themselves there Thought I would check with lost property just in case some retard thought it had been left behind but no joy Couldn't even be arsed reporting it to the police so just went and bought another one.
**** knows why this country is called GREAT Britain
Old 31 May 2007, 03:00 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

I know you hate me banging on about this, but if the internet had been around thirty years ago, i'd like to think nobody would have set up a user id on a public bbs "kingofturds". And i'm being totally serious. Stones and glass houses. The rot has to start somewhere, however insignificant you might think it is.
Old 31 May 2007, 03:02 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by TelBoy
I know you hate me banging on about this, but if the internet had been around thirty years ago, i'd like to think nobody would have set up a user id on a public bbs "kingofturds". And i'm being totally serious. Stones and glass houses. The rot has to start somewhere, however insignificant you might think it is.

He has a point
Old 31 May 2007, 03:06 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TelBoy

And surely I'd like to think that 30 years ago people would like to brag about their sexual fetishes on a public forum I could be named lord harding the 3rd and still act like a complete knobwipe.

So are you suggesting that by calling myself "kingofturds" on some internet forum, I am fair game to have my sons travelbag stolen by some theiving low life
Old 31 May 2007, 03:10 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Absolutely no idea what the connection is there, sounds like it's an attempt to find anything to throw back at me. Whatever. What i'm saying is that this sort of dumbing down, whether it's "just" a user id, is what makes things like that increasingly accepted. There's no dignity any more. You just don't think it matters. I'm telling you it does.

Quick Reply: Arent the public lovely !