Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

online share dealing

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2001, 07:05 PM
frisby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have some shares and am looking to buy a few more but ideally I want to be able to do everything over the net, as I'm usually busy so it would save having to leave the office.

Are there such facilities on the web that people can recommend and what other features do they have that are useful for keeping track of my portfolio???

Cheers and Cherry Mistmas

fris
Old 21 December 2001, 07:53 PM
Andrew Timmins
Scooby Regular

Cool

I use www.comdirect.co.uk for online share dealing. They seem to be pretty good and all deals cost £12.50 regardless of size. You can set up prices for stop losses etc so it is a well specified service. You can set up self select ISAs and they also give discounts on unit trusts too.

For keeping track of my other investments I use www.moneyextra.co.uk and www.iii.co.uk .

There are tonnes more sites that give financial information and allow input of investment portfolios but these meet my needs.

Andrew Timmins
Financial Adviser
Old 22 December 2001, 12:07 AM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

Depends if you are 'investing' or 'trading'

www.advfn.com ADVFN has good monitor lists for trading ( keeping a constant eye on a list of stocks ) iii.co.uk has a nice portfolio system, but 15min delayed prices. Their insider-equity mailing list used to be very popular, but the volume of posts has declined with the market ( was 400-600 per day ).

There are some good people on CityBull www.citybull.com particularly if you can't stand the signal/noise ratio's of the popular investment bulletin boards like hemscott www.hemscott.com

As for brokers, a lot of people swear by fastrade , I personally use Hargreaves & Lansdown www.h-l.co.uk for small caps, and finspreads www.finspreads.com for spreadbetting.

cheers
Steve M

[Edited by stevem2k - 12/22/2001 12:10:05 AM]
Old 23 December 2001, 12:09 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

I use Natwest. Prices are updated every 10 seconds. no joining fee. Usually costs around 14 quid unless you go over 20k