Old 22 May 2007, 08:45 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some NHS trusts and Schools not performing staff checks

BBC NEWS | Health | NHS staff 'escape crime checks'

and

BBC NEWS | England | Errors over teacher criminal checks

NHS complains about not having the money to do this, well they have had since 1999 to think about it and sort it out!

We put our trust in these establishments and it appears that in some cases this could be misplaced, i am not saying all teachers are Pedos but to be honest we do not know if they appear on the list 99/CRB, i also know some sex offenders are not on the list, however you would have thought that having the list avaliable, it be legislation and the right thing to do would be enough to get it checked, Perhaps the money could have been saved by not replacing a few middle management co cars at a few trusts

My company performs this check as a matter of course as we deal with the public including children. Wwe have to do it although our MD introduced it before it became legislation as he is the sort of chap to do the right thing because it is right, not just because it will become law!
Old 22 May 2007, 08:49 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

We are all CRB checked/cleared too as 80% of our work is in schools, every member of staff is CRB checked, and we are also an agency so can carry out CRB for anyone

Even our staff who never leave the office are all CRB checked, and as soon as any new member of staff starts, their first job is to fill the CRB form in
Old 22 May 2007, 08:56 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sonic'
We are all CRB checked/cleared too as 80% of our work is in schools, every member of staff is CRB checked, and we are also an agency so can carry out CRB for anyone

Even our staff who never leave the office are all CRB checked, and as soon as any new member of staff starts, their first job is to fill the CRB form in
My company is the same, all staff checked. We are CRB checked and the job offer is on the understanding that you pass the check (as well as the ususal references).

I do not understand how NHS trusts and schools can treat this so lightly and not take it seriously!

I did hear Brown wittering on about education and the NHS being his priorities, same as BLair did (from memory) i wonder what he will have to say and do about this. I doubt if anyone will be held responsible or accountable for thses serious breaches, it wil just get forgotten about and brushed under the carpet in good 'ole NL stlye.
Old 22 May 2007, 08:57 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

My kids did some work for the local council helping out at kids' holiday playschemes held in schools during vacations.

They had to do the CRB bit which I thought was OTT and I thought that a decent reference from their head teacher would have been good enough.

The CRB clearance came through several months after the playschemes had ended
Old 22 May 2007, 10:25 AM
richiewong
Twatful

We interviewed a new member of staff recently, she already works as in the ambulance service and on average it takes about 3 months for a CRB check
Glad its there for everyones sake, but its a bit stupid that colleagues that have had CRB's and move within the trust/service have to have another delaying everything.

Personally worked in the NHS, including training for about 13 years and had no police/CRB check.
Christ knows how long it would take them to clear the everyone before CRB's came into place.
Old 22 May 2007, 05:44 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

It takes on average 6 weeks or less usually for ours to come back, obviously they are using the wrong agency

One of the schools we deal with, are about to become an agency so that they can CRB check their own staff, without going to another external company