Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Fag-ash Frostrup?

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2007, 04:49 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default ***-ash Frostrup?

Is anyone else sick and tired of hearing the apprently 60-a-day ***-ridden voice of Mariella Frostrup voicing over advert after advert after advert?

Come on advertisers, give someone else a go. Same goes for Sean Bean, Richard Briers etc.

Surely there are struggling actors out there who could do just as good a job?

Yeah, I know, people recognise the famous voice, link it to the brand etc etc, but it doesn't work like that for me. I'm not going to buy owt just because Frostrup, Bean, Briers, Oliver etc buy it, and neither, I suspect will many others.

Oh, and while I'm on it, L'Oreal, PLEASE drop the whiny American women saying "Cawse yurr worrth eet" after every advert.

Rant over

Alcazar
Old 21 May 2007, 04:50 PM
pete higham
Scooby Regular

Location: Salford & SMACS,,,,,,,,, and in the smacs muppets and numpty thread
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good rant

her voice is beginning to grate a little tho
Old 21 May 2007, 05:12 PM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Yeah she is annoying, but nowhere near as irritating as that mincer who voices that Sunsilk advert
Old 21 May 2007, 05:14 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Yeah, I know, people recognise the famous voice, link it to the brand etc etc, but it doesn't work like that for me. I'm not going to buy owt just because Frostrup, Bean, Briers, Oliver etc buy it, and neither, I suspect will many others.

Rant over

Alcazar
You say that but no, people associate the voices with the people and become warm and fuzzy towards the product, why else get Vorderman, Smilie et al to advertise Loan/remortgage companies, not because they are cheap, because they associate a person the know/like/trust/want to aspire to be with the product and assume it is ok. The essence of the brand/brand marketing

Do any right minded people think Carole Smilie has a loan with Greenhill Finance or whoever?

A lot of people are just not as smart as you give them credit for otherwise this would not work.

Also, some 'stars' will not assoicate themselves with product/brands for whatever reasons, i know this from experience, some do and will though.