Police priorities?

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2007, 01:33 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down Police priorities?

Just two examples of why I don't trust the police any more:

Eldest son assaulted in town, bottle broken over his head: No follow up.
Eldest son's £1600 Trials MTB nicked from our locked garage: Crime number, no visit.

Youngest son short-cutted across Junior School field on way home from secondary school: TWO coppers to intervirew him and caution him.

Youngest son assaulted and threatened with a knife: FOUR days to respond
Eldest son trespasses across building site, trying to find his way somewhere: TWO coppers at our house within two hours, and telling our neighbours our business.

Alcazar
Old 20 May 2007, 01:37 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps your kids should buy knives and/or take up robbery then, at least they would be left alone by the cops

Sad state of affairs isn't it, not sure what the answer is, a letter to the chief constable and follow up in the press may help to publicise that we are being let down by the (career cops in high places)police, the cps and our government.

The only way to change things is to get publicity for the poor service that we get, let the powers that be know that people are sick of being taken for a ride and that people are just not going to stand for it.

If there is a better way or another answer then i am all ears...

Last edited by The Zohan; 20 May 2007 at 01:39 PM.
Old 20 May 2007, 01:37 PM
pete higham
Scooby Regular

Location: Salford & SMACS,,,,,,,,, and in the smacs muppets and numpty thread

that is just what i expect from the police these days
Old 20 May 2007, 01:45 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I would be sorely tempted to write to the Chief Constable to ask what they mean by it all Alcazar.

Les
Old 20 May 2007, 04:31 PM
_RIP_
BANNED

Originally Posted by alcazar
Just two examples of why I don't trust the police any more:

Eldest son's £1600 Trials MTB nicked from our locked garage: Crime number, no visit.

Youngest son short-cutted across Junior School field on way home from secondary school: TWO coppers to intervirew him and caution him.

Eldest son trespasses across building site, trying to find his way somewhere: TWO coppers at our house within two hours, and telling our neighbours our business.

Alcazar

I'm actually amazed at the contradiction in this post

Perhaps you should have a rethink?

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...-off-road.html
Old 20 May 2007, 04:40 PM
_RIP_
BANNED

Angry

On another note, this is why I was so pissed of about your 'cocky biker' thread. They are a complete waste of space.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Chelsea | Mourinho cautioned after dog row

Sadly I'm of the same opinion as you regarding the current state of our policing. This was due to a burglary, a stolen car and my property vandalized all within a month or so. The officers (ha!, lackeys!) attending these crimes could hardly look me in the eye. They were indifferent, rude, stupid, arrogant and uncaring, practically telling me they had more important matters to attend to.

They actually made suggestions bordering on illegal regarding how I prevent these crimes from happening in the future.
Old 20 May 2007, 06:17 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

RIP: I agree with you, but I think you missed my point in my "Cocky Biker" thread.

If you read my first post, you'll have seen that I DON'T like Scameras, but the biker in that thread got what he was asking for.

It's true that bikers CAN'T be caught by forward facing Scameras, but to rub their noses in it, doing silly speeds.........well, he asked for it.

All it'll take is a few like him, and bikers will either see special cameras introduced that photograph front and rear, or be forced to have numberplates at the front. And I DON'T mean sideways on, I mean like cars have, only square. can't fit one? Off the road then. I can see 'em doing it. You just DON'T p*ss-off authority, when you are in a win situation.

I, like you, believe that the police are not fit for purpose at the moment, and that if you trust them about as far as you could chuck a carload, you won't go far wrong

Alcazar

Trending Topics

Old 20 May 2007, 08:17 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Yep, service is going down the pan.

Friend of mine was driving her little Fiesta (standard 1.1, not chaved up). One of her brake lights had failed within the last couple of days, and jobsworth copper noticed.

You may think, well that is what he should have done, notice, inform let the owner correct. Oh no. 30 minute road side safety lecture, and all the forms he could write on. All documents to be shown, and an improvement noticed served. Should have cost her £2.50 to change the bulb, but she had to pay someone to do the work for her, and have it certified...

Still we can be glad that the 30+ minutes copper used his experience and expensive kit were well served, as other crimes simply pale into insignificance compared to this My calm benign friend who has never managed to upset anyone ever as far as anyone can recall is now substantially annoyed with her local police force. Nice public relations going on there then...

(technically she did not have to pay someone to do it, but they were not prepared to certify unless they did it...and going somewhere else would take even more time and cost her more in the end)
Old 20 May 2007, 08:49 PM
_RIP_
BANNED

Originally Posted by alcazar
RIP: I agree with you, but I think you missed my point in my "Cocky Biker" thread.

If you read my first post, you'll have seen that I DON'T like Scameras, but the biker in that thread got what he was asking for.

It's true that bikers CAN'T be caught by forward facing Scameras, but to rub their noses in it, doing silly speeds.........well, he asked for it.

All it'll take is a few like him, and bikers will either see special cameras introduced that photograph front and rear, or be forced to have numberplates at the front. And I DON'T mean sideways on, I mean like cars have, only square. can't fit one? Off the road then. I can see 'em doing it. You just DON'T p*ss-off authority, when you are in a win situation.

I, like you, believe that the police are not fit for purpose at the moment, and that if you trust them about as far as you could chuck a carload, you won't go far wrong

Alcazar
Well yes and no Alcazar m8.

The point I was 'trying' to make in 'cocky biker', was the time they probably spent (wasted?) on tracking one speeding biker (and a rouge Yorkshire terrier), compared the lack of the time they seem to spend on other 'real' crimes like the ones I and many other seem to suffer on a daily basis.

Doing 100mph on modern machinery on a motorway (ABS, traction control, huge brakes and sensors, better tyres road surfaces etc etc) is not 'unsafe' per se, or really dangerous imo (I seem to have survived unscathed from numerous trips on German autobahns), neither is giving the V sign to a scamera. Incorrect use of speed, i.e. doing 70 mph in the wet in rush our traffic tail to tail, is unsafe, but yet perfectly legal. As seemingly is testing police vehicles at over 150 mph deemed OK.

Rubbing their noses in it?

Well yes, that was my point (they need a bit of nose rubbing) but then 'they' seem to rub all our noses in it by being completely ineffectual, arrogant, and picky on crime when it suits them. Statistics seem to be all these days, and catching someone speeding (by scamera or otherwise) is an easy 'win, win' situation, a statistic they easily can roll out when professing that they are detecting and reducing crime.

<John Cleese mode on> ‘They make me sooo mad'.........

Oh and number plates were taken off bikes for safety reasons. I'm not very keen on going back to slicing pedestrians in half, but then again

Rear number plate cameras will be the norm soon anyway, it's been on the cards for years. The probem is, I'd say those that really want to stick two fingers up at the law will be using hooky plates and not giving AF anyway
Old 20 May 2007, 08:52 PM
monkeyboy840
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
Yep, service is going down the pan.

Friend of mine was driving her little Fiesta (standard 1.1, not chaved up). One of her brake lights had failed within the last couple of days, and jobsworth copper noticed.

You may think, well that is what he should have done, notice, inform let the owner correct. Oh no. 30 minute road side safety lecture, and all the forms he could write on. All documents to be shown, and an improvement noticed served. Should have cost her £2.50 to change the bulb, but she had to pay someone to do the work for her, and have it certified...

Still we can be glad that the 30+ minutes copper used his experience and expensive kit were well served, as other crimes simply pale into insignificance compared to this My calm benign friend who has never managed to upset anyone ever as far as anyone can recall is now substantially annoyed with her local police force. Nice public relations going on there then...

(technically she did not have to pay someone to do it, but they were not prepared to certify unless they did it...and going somewhere else would take even more time and cost her more in the end)
theres one of many reasons i'll be leaving the job in the next 18 months and pissing off to new zealand.
The jobs gone to crap as well as the country for allowing it.
Old 20 May 2007, 09:02 PM
_RIP_
BANNED

Are you one of our present police 'lackeys'? Or do you just mean your job in general?
Old 20 May 2007, 09:06 PM
monkeyboy840
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _RIP_
Are you one of our present police 'lackeys'? Or do you just mean your job in general?
not sure what a lacky it but yes i am a cop. but pissed off with the crap, injustice etc etc etc.

in fact so fed up with this country i'm off to new zealand in 18 months. cant wait to leave.

so much red tape in our job its not worth doing it anymore
Old 20 May 2007, 09:08 PM
sockpuppet
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _RIP_
I'm actually amazed at the contradiction in this post

Perhaps you should have a rethink?

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...-off-road.html
I have to agree. The hypocrisy in this case is extraordinary.
Old 20 May 2007, 09:10 PM
_RIP_
BANNED

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by monkeyboy840
not sure what a lacky it but yes i am a cop. but pissed off with the crap, injustice etc etc etc.

in fact so fed up with this country i'm off to new zealand in 18 months. cant wait to leave.

so much red tape in our job its not worth doing it anymore
Well said m8, makes a change from the PC rubbish that Fuzz (Felix) seems to roll out on a daily basis

Oh and good luck

edited: Lackey (manservant) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by _RIP_; 20 May 2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 20 May 2007, 09:10 PM
monkeyboy840
Scooby Regular

thanks
Old 20 May 2007, 09:43 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Alcazar, sounds like you need to move to a better area and teach your kids not to trespass.

<--note smiley
Old 20 May 2007, 11:04 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by sockpuppet
I have to agree. The hypocrisy in this case is extraordinary.
Not from me it's not. I made ONE post, and here's what I said:

Originally Posted by Alcazar
I'm no fan of speed cameras, but this made me smile.

http://www.leightonbuzzardonline.co.uk/news?articleid=2884995

I reckon he got off light.............

Alcazar
You'll note that I said that I'm NO fan of Scameras, (note the extra "s"), and that it made me smile.........sure it did: the guy got what he asked for. Do it once, sure, tweak the cops' noses often enough, you deserve to get bitten. He did. End of.

Alcazar
Old 20 May 2007, 11:22 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you complain Alcazar about what happened… or did they give a reason at the time as to why they took the action they did (or didn’t in your case)

Luminous – your mate was pulled over, given a HORT/1 and a VDRS. What’s your point? Are we not here to uphold the law.

I can’t comment on individual cases, but if you think you have been treat unfairly – make a complaint. And try not to tar everyone with the same brush, it’s like me having a dig at all the postal workers because my post is delivered late on a particular day.

Anyway, how would you like to see the police service run?
Old 20 May 2007, 11:31 PM
Billgtt
Scooby Regular

I got to work the other evening to find out that an old lady had "gone missing" whilst walking her dog and I was asked to keep an eye out. The police had 5 (yes five) cars and the helicopter out looking for her (well the 5 cars were all parked in the same place), because she was half an hour late back.

Now is it just me that finds that a bit ott?
Old 21 May 2007, 07:06 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

The Police are out to meet Tony's targets and it drives the wrong behaviour, just the same as the healthe service. Trespassing crime solved, tick in the box, job done....... good score.
Old 21 May 2007, 08:16 AM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by Felix.
Anyway, how would you like to see the police service run?
By DCI Gene Hunt.

The TV one - not "ours".

It all started going wrong when they stopped a bit of good old fashioned Police Brutality

ps wasn't there someone charged with being in possesion of an Egg with Intention to throw in an effort to meet arrest targets
Old 21 May 2007, 08:19 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

a gang of yoofs tried to rob me at work and steal the till, cctv footage showed to police, given a crime number and that was pretty much it

"doubt we can catch them to be honest"

i drive to the post office everyday to do the daily banking and a "Sargent" pulled me over for a roadside check, in work uniform with works takings they then decided to pull the car apart to check for dangerous weapons as "most people who do daily banking have a cosh or some sort of weapon"
Old 21 May 2007, 08:28 AM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
they then decided to pull the car apart to check for dangerous weapons as "most people who do daily banking have a cosh or some sort of weapon"
We cant have anyone harming hardened criminals you know - just think of the compo we'd have to pay them if someone banking their hard earnt had a go at the scum
Old 21 May 2007, 08:31 AM
Reality
BANNED

ps - Did anyone see Wife swap last night.

The bitch that complained of sexual harrassment and the police investigation that followed and took 3 fooking weeks to "Close"

Place is not even a joke anymore
Old 21 May 2007, 08:35 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

a gang of yoofs tried to rob me at work and steal the till, cctv footage showed to police, given a crime number and that was pretty much it

i drive to the post office everyday to do the daily banking and a "Sargent" pulled me over for a roadside check, in work uniform with works takings they then decided to pull the car apart to check for dangerous weapons as "most people who do daily banking have a cosh or some sort of weapon"
The thing is that all of us have or know someone who has a story like this, this is not a one-off.

This is what needs addressing, the police end up with the stick and fall out created by ill thought out policies by sound-bite, self serving politicians and we, the public suffer as a consequence!
Old 21 May 2007, 09:16 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Can you identify the youths
Did they touch the till or were they gloved
Anyone else see them
Any of them detained
What was caught on CCTV – were they identifiable. (Another thread states that we shouldn’t use CCTV however – so you wouldn’t be too concerned that there was nothing caught)

If the suspects can’t be identified, what do you want us to do – arrest any Tom, Dick or Harry ‘Life on Mars’ style

As for searching your car, there must have a reason to do it – was there something else going on in the area that led them to stop your car. How long were you stopped for? If there is intelligence to suggest that a car matching yours is being used in crime is it not our job to investigate…..
Old 21 May 2007, 09:19 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by r32
The Police are out to meet Tony's targets and it drives the wrong behaviour, just the same as the healthe service. Trespassing crime solved, tick in the box, job done....... good score.
That's not the fault of the police - That's the fault of politicians. They are the ones that set all these targets for the services. The police have already gone on record to say they don't agree with the target system.
Old 21 May 2007, 09:20 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
The thing is that all of us have or know someone who has a story like this, this is not a one-off.

This is what needs addressing, the police end up with the stick and fall out created by ill thought out policies by sound-bite, self serving politicians and we, the public suffer as a consequence!
What policies…?

We investigate crime – but if it cannot be solved what do you want us to do.

We prevent crime – so if this means searching cars with a good reason I can’t see the problem

We are not driven by figures, the government might like to take figures and show them, but this does effect the way the front line policing is done.
Old 21 May 2007, 09:31 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

What policies…?

We investigate crime – but if it cannot be solved what do you want us to do.

We prevent crime – so if this means searching cars with a good reason I can’t see the problem

We are not driven by figures, the government might like to take figures and show them, but this does effect the way the front line policing is done.
Well in which case you lot (the police) need a good kick up the **** then!
Look at these as an example of poor service and would you call this justice and fair treatment;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Felix, with respect -you seem to defend the police blindly, not just here but on several threads, i do not know if you are a cop or not or just looking to wind people up. You know what, the police are and will continue to suffer without the respect and support of joe public, if the fault is that of governmet or internally then really it just needs sorting out mate!

I have a brother in law in the Police and my good friend and neighbour is as well. I listen to them and see and hear different to you, i know and trust them so am more likely to listen to them that you.
Old 21 May 2007, 09:33 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Can you identify the youths
Did they touch the till or were they gloved
Anyone else see them
Any of them detained
What was caught on CCTV – were they identifiable. (Another thread states that we shouldn’t use CCTV however – so you wouldn’t be too concerned that there was nothing caught)

If the suspects can’t be identified, what do you want us to do – arrest any Tom, Dick or Harry ‘Life on Mars’ style

As for searching your car, there must have a reason to do it – was there something else going on in the area that led them to stop your car. How long were you stopped for? If there is intelligence to suggest that a car matching yours is being used in crime is it not our job to investigate…..
bloody coppers i was stopped for a good 30/40 mins while they stripped my car down just around the corner from the carwash, how bad does that look to all my regulars???

and they left the car in a right fooken state, even better was when they then came onto the carwash site about an hour later as "we forgot to give you this form" i think it was a PACE form? i asked what i was supposed to do with it and the copper replied "do anything you want with it i dont care"

what a bunch of tossers, IIRC i sent a form off the the Police complaints commisions about that one and had listed a thread on here about it.

yooufs "gained entry" into the rear of the wash while i was in the office, this set off an alarm, while i was "supposed" to go to ther rear of the wash to reset the alarm, a car full of "yoofs" speed up to the front of the wash, and try to get the till

this has been done COUNTLESS times to these carwashes, i know of every single wash in this area that has been done, the police know this!!!!!

what happend was, the alarm went off, instead of me charging down to the end of the wash to reset the alarm, i walked out the entrance and glanced down inside the wash hall, and saw the little *******s trying to hide inside

then the car of yoofs came flying into the site and swung around to the office door (where the till is) i saw this all going on, ran inside, locked the office door, picked up a big **** hammer that was on the bench and chased the little ****ers out the end of the wash.

they ran up the road, stopped at a layby and the same fooken car pulled up and let them climb inside. ohh yes IIRC the coppers were also given the best part of the cars number plate as well, batterd old white mondeo, couldnt have been ten miles from the scene at best.

from that point on, i then fitted another 3 cameras on site and kept a selection of "instruments" handy at work incase anybody ever trys it again

Quick Reply: Police priorities?