Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Abbey Bank charges!!!!! Robbing Ba$%$

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2007, 06:36 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Abbey Bank charges!!!!! Robbing Ba$%$

Not a happy man at the moment, just received £140 worth of bank charges in a day from Abbey due to going overdrawn.... Had the account with Abbey 11 years and never been overdrawn, had a mad month this month and had to pay out loads and hand got my figures right, for the one day the accound droped below the limit the missue was in tow, spent on average £8 in the 4 shops she popped into (ya know makeup, tampax, beeds, deoderant)and the result £20 going overdrawn, £30 for each transaction WTF!!!
anyhow called abbey see what they could do, after wating my time told the daft monotone cow on the other end they could stick thier account up thier ***** just taken two days to sort out but they have lost:
  1. Mortgage £80,000 over next 12 years
  2. 3*ISA's
  3. 3*Kids saver accounts each with 3k in
  4. 2 other savings accounts
  5. Home insurance £540 PA
  6. Current account that 80k a year goes through
  7. Abbey Credit card
Sufice to say I was a good customer, and now not thiers the robbing b!"£$%ds
F£$% em,
Alot of money's worth of business over a few years!!!

getting lots of new shiney cards next week now
Old 19 May 2007, 08:35 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Shame when it comes to that. You'd think that they'd realise you were a good customer who made a mistake and reverse the charges.

I used to bank with Barclays and had a Barclaycard - misunderstood the way that payments made through their Barclaycall telephone banking were handled, and hence was once a day late making a payment. Phoned Barclaycard to explain, and they said that they could see that I had a good payment history and therefore adjusted the system so that I wasn't charged any late payment charges.
Old 19 May 2007, 08:58 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They would have refunded the charges had you only asked.
Old 19 May 2007, 09:02 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

He shouldn't have to ! Most business's have troublesome customers with whom they wouldn't think twice about $h!tting on from a great height, but the opposite is usually applied to good customers out of mutual respect. Banks don't consider anything when applying automated charges and this results in very poor customer relations. If we all reacted like Dazza then maybe they'd apply a bit of discretion before hitting you hard. Dazza was probably charged fairly for his minor indiscretion and within the terms of the contract between the two parties, but on a professional level they acted tactlessly and deserve to lose a loyal and valuable customer. IMHO !
Old 19 May 2007, 09:05 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

The computers which apply the charges do not have a 'compassion' program attached ....... asking for a refund would have saved all the hassle of moving everything.
Old 19 May 2007, 09:16 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I have found that ringing the bank if you are destined to go overdrawn is the best policy, I have a 12 grand overdraft facility on my current account, very handy when changing cars, just get the cash out, pay for it, sell the old one and pay it back in, Nawest love me and my overdraft !
Old 19 May 2007, 09:18 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

It would be very easy to have a rating system applied to each client which could flag potential charges for approval when a highly rated client strays slightly. Simple policy to save such situations and maintain good relations.

Trending Topics

Old 19 May 2007, 11:55 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

I called them, had a discussion and the resut was best we cn do id reduce it to £90 sorry but it wasn't happening, she refused to do any more and tha was it, I was livid TBH,I tried to be tactfull but they saiad thats it £90 fted so they got sh@fted..... thing is nw i've looked i to it, Abbey are the worsed performing bank wwith the lowest customer rating. And now i can see why they can swing for all i care they just lost all me business....
Old 20 May 2007, 12:07 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

The way you earn and spend Dazza, look into a flexible rapid repayment mortgage. Everything we earn goes in, everything we spend comes back off, and as long as we don't go near the agreed upper limit we can do as we damn well pleasee If I wanted to go crazy I'd currently have access to over 60k without the need for loans/cards etc Hoping to be mortgageless within 7 years, but will then use the equity for investment.
Old 20 May 2007, 03:59 PM
TDT
Scooby Regular

HSBC tried to charge me £25 for a bill payment I cancelled over the phone.

Shouted at man in call centre, got a letter from their HO a few days later apologising and refunding £225 (All the charges I'd accrued in 15+ years of banking with them!