Palmer Sport Race Day

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2007, 12:59 PM
Dazzler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Palmer Sport Race Day

Hi

I've seen a couple of threads from last year about peoples experiences, but has anyone been there recently (this year)?

I'm off there on the 2nd June and have heard good things about it, but not in much detail. Does anyone have recent experiences and know what cars are at your disposal, how much you can actually "try" to exploit the cars, and whether you're allowed to race against your mates at all?

Also, as a side issue, has anyone stayed in Bedford itself? We're staying over night there and I was interested to know what the nightlife is like? I can't imgine its full on, but if anyone has any recommendations that would be appreciated.

Cheers
Daz
Old 18 May 2007, 05:50 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazzler
Hi

I've seen a couple of threads from last year about peoples experiences, but has anyone been there recently (this year)?

I'm off there on the 2nd June and have heard good things about it, but not in much detail. Does anyone have recent experiences and know what cars are at your disposal, how much you can actually "try" to exploit the cars, and whether you're allowed to race against your mates at all?

Also, as a side issue, has anyone stayed in Bedford itself? We're staying over night there and I was interested to know what the nightlife is like? I can't imgine its full on, but if anyone has any recommendations that would be appreciated.

Cheers
Daz
can't comment on this years line up but i went back in april last year. the only changes to the cars are the land rover for a nissan pathfinder and the jag XK8 for the nissan 350Z (bloody great fun drifting!!) all the rest are the same and i can tell you they are bloody great a good blend of sports car thru to supercar.

can you race? no. the instructor will 'politely' ask you not to. the only car when you're on your own is in the formula palmer audi and keeping that on the track is hard enough to worry about racing, that said the marshalls do a great job of flagging slower cars out of your way.

the instructors will push you to what they consider your safety limit with the car and like i say, they won't let you race, but will egg you on to get in front of slower cars (when they can see they are being moved off the line).

just a superb day, excellent tuition which really lets you get your most out of the cars, no rev limits or speed limits, if you're driving safe they are happy for you to go as fast as you like!

as for the nightlife, whatever you do don't go out on the **** the night before, you'll get nowhere near the front door let alone in the cars. if you're planing spending time up there i can recomend North Downs Barns B&B, about 10 mins away form the circuit no pubs within walking distance though
Old 18 May 2007, 06:00 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Bedford is a dump,but have a nice time on the track