Please visit and give your support to this Please

http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/

Thank you

david
Old 18 May 2007, 09:30 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As much as I hope she's OK, I think that who ever has taken her has by now disposed of her body.

With all the media coverage, who ever has her would not be able to just hand her back, or risk her being spotted, escaping etc.

As sad as it is I think the worsed has already happened.

Edited to say : I hope I'm wrong
Old 18 May 2007, 09:33 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cduk300
Please visit and give your support to this Please

http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/

Thank you

david
I have suggested that this is made a sticky in NSR until such time as it is not needed.

STI lover, you may be right but until there is proof one way or the other you have to keep hoping.

If it was one of my kids (heaven forbid) then i would appreciate all the help i could get.
Old 18 May 2007, 12:39 PM
andybod
Scooby Newbie

we all hope that madeline is found safe and returned back to her family however her parents want f**king for leaving there children with no supervision i don't have or want any kids but leaving them alone is just stupid possibly not the right thing to say now but some people just don.t appreciate what they have ,to late when it's gone as i said first though lets hope she is found safe and well and those who took her spend the rest of there lifes rotting in a rat infested prison
Old 18 May 2007, 12:49 PM
RichardS2005
Scooby Regular

I'm probably going to get completely flamed off the board for this....but for some reason I find all this public ownership of this case all a bit grating.... websites, fighting funds, every brand under the sun trying to get in on the act.... I saw a press conference the otehr day and it was just like a football one with logos everywhere behind the parents....

I hope they do find her still alive, but her parents need stringing up.
Old 18 May 2007, 01:00 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RichardS2005
I'm probably going to get completely flamed off the board for this....but for some reason I find all this public ownership of this case all a bit grating.... websites, fighting funds, every brand under the sun trying to get in on the act.... I saw a press conference the otehr day and it was just like a football one with logos everywhere behind the parents....

Agree
Plenty of other kids go missing all the time and most people dont give a **** about them. Whats so different?
Old 18 May 2007, 01:05 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Freak
Agree
Plenty of other kids go missing all the time and most people dont give a **** about them. Whats so different?
Not at all sure what you mean by the above

IMHO
Anything to help Maddie is a good thing, anything to help any kid in this situation is commendable.

We give money via DD's to kids charities such as NSPCC to help prevent cruelty and abuse so far from not giving a to$$!

As for her parents, that's another matter,no for now. The child deserves all thr help she can get!

Trending Topics

Old 18 May 2007, 01:08 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I completely agree with this post.
Old 18 May 2007, 01:14 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Its almost on par with the death of Diana.... queen of hearts

Look we ALL want her home and safe but this is becoming a media-fest, you watch them all drop this story once something else (more tasty) comes along.

I've even received a viral email telling me to pass this on to everyone in my address book so that 'we' keep the subject 'alive'.... FFS like that's going to help.

Its a feckin mad, bad & sad world we live in!
Old 18 May 2007, 01:15 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

While of course I hope that Madeleine is found, this case seems to get a disproportionate amount of coverage. There must be hundreds of equally deserving cases.

From here.

Every year 9,000 children go missing in Scotland.
For the UK as a whole, over 77,000 children go missing every year.
Are we to have a sticky thread for each of them?
Old 18 May 2007, 01:19 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speedking
While of course I hope that Madeleine is found, this case seems to get a disproportionate amount of coverage. There must be hundreds of equally deserving cases.

From here.

But, is doing something to help one of them a bad thing? what if one person helps and provides something that is of use due to the (hijacked) media campaign?

Any child going missing is bad, those figures make you want to weep.
Old 18 May 2007, 01:23 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Originally Posted by speedking

From here.

That is missing not kidnapped!
Old 18 May 2007, 01:25 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

That is missing not kidnapped!
Is there proof that she has been kidnapped ??

Not followed the case at all....just wondering
Old 18 May 2007, 01:27 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

The problem with such an intensive media campaign is that it causes almost as much apathy as it does interest.
Many people I speak to about this now are sick to the back teeth of it. Not helped by the rich and famous clambering for pubicity on the back of rewards which financially are nothing to them, the media hounding down possible suspects who should be left alone until they are charged, the extended family getting where bacteria couldnt on the tele and most of all because the parents left the child on it's own while they went out for a fun night on the town.
Clearly from the posts already in this thread, overhype is going to be the downfall of the british interest in this story...
Old 18 May 2007, 01:30 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

SiPie she is a kid and she did not decide to walk away on her own and get a flight back home did she ?
Old 18 May 2007, 01:32 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by *Jamie*
SiPie she is a kid and she did not decide to walk away on her own and get a flight back home did she ?
How do you know she didn't just 'walk off'
Old 18 May 2007, 01:33 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Fair point Jamie but there is a difference between kidnapped and murdered and who knows, maybe she wandered off searching for her feckin parents
Old 18 May 2007, 01:38 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
How do you know she didn't just 'walk off'
Walk off what? the face of the earth

my view on this case is someone took her and i hope she returns!
Old 18 May 2007, 01:40 PM
Reality
BANNED

Please don't make this a sticky.

This is the one place left in the world where we can get away from an insight into the mother of some bloke who lives near where a kid was left on he own and dissappeared.
Old 18 May 2007, 01:45 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

What by breaking open the apartment shutters and climbing out the window?
My feckin old cat used to be able to turn a door handle to get out so I'm sure a kid could work it out

Anyway, excuse my ignorance but please see below ....!!

Not followed the case at all....just wondering
Have more things nearer to home involving people I know to concern me rather than drilling in to the usual pathetic outpouring for the UK's idiotic journalists.

Hope she is found alive and well and god only knows what her poor parents are going through.
Old 18 May 2007, 01:49 PM
Nido
Scooby Regular

The shutter to the apartment was forced open from the outside, that's how they know she didn't walk off.
Old 18 May 2007, 01:59 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

I have a terrible feeling that the parents themselves will ahve something to do with this.

If someone had taken my 4 yr daughter, I would not put the remaining ones in a creche whilst I ponced about on the beach for photographers!

No one I have spoken to would do it either.

It's all very odd.

I hope they find her whatever the reason for her disappearance.

Geezer
Old 18 May 2007, 02:00 PM
twistybits
Scooby Regular

I feel for the parents and family of Maddie, and I will contribute to any constructive initiatives that may lead to getting this situation resolved

However

Quote:
Every year 9,000 children go missing in Scotland.
For the UK as a whole, over 77,000 children go missing every year.

That statistic really annoys me due to the misleading nature of the statement.

I went "missing" when" i was 10 (police called, reported missing etc), i was in the park opposite for 4 hrs because i didn't want to go to my Aunt's house.

When a child genuinely goes missing it makes the news.

Scaremongering with those sort of stats makes my blood boil.

I would like to know the percentage of the 77,000 that remain "missing" for more than 24hs ( not hiding, at friends houses etc)
TB
Old 18 May 2007, 02:27 PM
miss*scoobygav555*
Scooby Regular

I can't watch this story on the news anymore because it just upsets me too much!! Fingers crossed for her safe return!!
Old 18 May 2007, 02:31 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

I do have sympathy for her, honestly. But it's getting a bit "Ken Bigley" all over again. Fair enough keeping media exposure up, but a lot of people have got to the point where they switch channels now thinking "oh ffs not another news report about that girl who wasn't being properly looked after in the first place".
Old 18 May 2007, 02:37 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Interesting comparison to Bigley there Iwan because in a conversation in the pub the other night we were talking about the city of Liverpools reaction to the tragedy - latching onto to some member of the poor girls family being scouse and we referred to the incident being "Bigleyised"...
Old 18 May 2007, 02:48 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

It's like the Diana death too. A lot of people had a lot of sympathy but then were utterly pissed off by the blanket news coverage for days/weeks, losing what sympathy or interest they may have originally had - which has got to be counterproductive.

Regarding this case, I also think the press are making the polices job harder. I mean if you've got a suspect who may (or may not) have her hidden in a barn/cellar somewhere (for example) - he's hardly going to go there and lead the police to the crime scene if half the worlds media are camped on his lawn, and have helicopters hovering over his house 24/7.

Also what about these "suspects" who have been questioned, first the british guy and now a russian guy. Half the world now thinks they're child molesting monsters ffs, no matter that they may not have had anything to do with it other than living locally.

If that happened to me I'd be ******* livid.

Incidentally, it is really starting to get to me that the family seems to be campaigning to governments (and everyone else) to do more to help find their girl - when the simple fact is that if they'd been looking after her properly in the first place she'd still be with them.
Old 18 May 2007, 03:03 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

This is what I said last week, its been turned in to a media circus and despite their best intentions, people are now trying to make money from this event, with increase newspaper sales, websites popping up, celebs/rich people trying to raise their profile etc. It sickens me when people try to do that out of other peoples misfortunes. Unfortunate as it is, statistically, its is unlikely that the missing are found or are even alive after a week has past.....though that;s not to say they should give up the search.

Quick Reply: Bring Madeleine Home