sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone?
Old 07 May 2007, 06:34 PM
djuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd certainly want to be - wouldn't you?

So he get's told he's not got long to live - goes out and makes adjustments to his life to enjoy what's left only to be told actually, no it's nothing serious
Old 07 May 2007, 06:38 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

apparently the hospital are saying that they diagnosed cancer because of his symptoms, surely he would have had a blood test and biopsy to confirm cancer in the first place

no hospital would ever diagnose terminal cancer without it being confirmed first

i think he should get compensation
Old 07 May 2007, 06:47 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Too damn right you should be compensated, firstly for stress and then for his financial loss. Just what sort of muppet professional says one minute "Oh by the way you are going to die", and then later "Oh no, hold on, its nothing".

They should have been certain before they told him. He will have to sue to get his money, saying that he does not want to pay a solicitor is just going to weaken his case.
Old 07 May 2007, 06:51 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

agreed hes only done what the rest of us would of done
Old 07 May 2007, 07:01 PM
bohnjegley
Scooby Regular

yeah defo
Old 07 May 2007, 07:03 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
Too damn right you should be compensated, firstly for stress and then for his financial loss. Just what sort of muppet professional says one minute "Oh by the way you are going to die", and then later "Oh no, hold on, its nothing".

They should have been certain before they told him. He will have to sue to get his money, saying that he does not want to pay a solicitor is just going to weaken his case.
he has also put his house on the market, surely he wont have to go down that road?
Old 07 May 2007, 07:50 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarasquares
he has also put his house on the market, surely he wont have to go down that road?
i think he needs to sell his house now because he's so skint, he needs to sue the ar*e off them, to be told he has cancer when he doesnt then someone has cocked up big time, as someone said, bloodtests etc would confirm if he has cancer, that sort of mistake shouldnt be made, i'd call it gross neglegence.

BM
Old 07 May 2007, 08:02 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

down what road?
Old 07 May 2007, 10:06 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

He should sue for loss of exactly whatever value he attached to to his car, clothes and all the stuff he allegedly gave up.

Then he should add on the cost of a nice holiday for himself and immediate family, clear off and have a great time celebrating what I'd see as the best news I'd ever be likely to get. ie. getting to live hopefully an extra good few years and actually be able to see my family and friends.

Then sue for an extra 2 million quid ~(stress, shock, life changing ...never be the same again etc etc)

but with the extra cash (presume it comes from a hospital negligence indemnity fund or something that undoubtedly the tax payer pays for in the first place) buy some brand new cancer screening equipment for the hospital that misdiagnosed him and pay to have somebody employed there that actually knows what the **** they are doing (if the hospital does turn out to be negligent).
Old 07 May 2007, 10:12 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
down what road?
what i meant was, is he going to actually have to sell up and lose the last thing he has before someone sees sense?
Old 07 May 2007, 10:22 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Oh I see...most probably is the answer. The less he has the harder it will be for him to get the cash to sue the **** off them

Since when has anyone recently cared about anyone recently in this current climate. If you do find someone being nice to you, its simply because they think you can sue, all imo, or am I just being bitter
Old 07 May 2007, 10:55 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

I read ( so a pinch of salt with this) that he chose to stop paying his mortgage when he heard, and to spend the money on visiting his rellies on Cornwall ...

he has a partner.. so why stop paying the mortgage .. sounds harsh but she would have had to find somewhere else to live after he passed on..

I think he should get some sort of compo though - it must be horrific to go through the sheer trauma of being told you have x amount of time left.. making sure you tell your loved one etc destroying ther lives in the process - then to be told... oops it was a stomach bug

Too many of these mistakes are happening.. the all clear is being given but they are terminally ill, the wrong leg is amputated, or the healthy kidney is removed leaving the diseased inside the patient...it's about time more through procedures were put in place to help stop these instances..
Old 07 May 2007, 11:24 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Nope - He should NOT get compensated for being a feckwit.

If I got diagnosed with a similar illness my mortgage would be paid off, I'd get a cash payment of £200,000 and I'd get £36,000 critical illness income per annum.

Clearly this numbskull had none of that in place.
Old 08 May 2007, 07:08 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods
Nope - He should NOT get compensated for being a feckwit.

If I got diagnosed with a similar illness my mortgage would be paid off, I'd get a cash payment of £200,000 and I'd get £36,000 critical illness income per annum.

Clearly this numbskull had none of that in place.

so you dont believe the hospital was at fault at all. admittedly if he stopped paying his mortgage to enjoy life, when he has a partner to think about, thats a little irresponsible. but im with the others, he should be compensated, but for a wrong desicion being made on his health, not because he blew his money away on enjoying the supposed amount of time he had left.

andy
Old 08 May 2007, 08:47 AM
suprabeast
Scooby Regular

I think he's had a rare opportunity that most people don't ever get. The chance do try and do everything you want to do in life befre its too late. Rarely do people ever complete everything they want as the ideas always get put off.
And to now live on with the experiences he has, he is very lucky. You can say one thing. I bet he appreciates life more than ever, and if he doesn't then he;s a fool. So for that reason alone I don't think he should need compensation.
If he's spent all his partners money then he;s a fool
Old 08 May 2007, 09:12 AM
gatecrasher3
Scooby Regular

Surely being alive is compensation enough
Old 08 May 2007, 11:19 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Sounds like it was a gross error by the people in the hospital and no one can justify that. Those reponsible should be disciplined if the symptoms were mis diagnosed if there is no true excuse for the mistake.

I feel sorry for him having blown the lot under the circumstances, but it was a bit unwise to go as far as he did.

Les