Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

US Travel?

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2007, 10:09 AM
SupaMiniCupa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default US Travel?

There is a chance in September that I will have two weeks to kill while in Dallas, Texas by myself.

What should I look at doing? Haven't got an unlimited budget but catching a flight to somewhere else in the US is an option. A road trip might be an option, but where? I'll also need to sort accomodation for those two weeks as well.

Fire away NSR...
Old 07 May 2007, 11:17 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Cant comment on Dallas but get a short hop to Austin great little city - brilliant nightlife and some tasty ladies. - only 35 minutes away or a 3 hour drive.

maybe go down to San Antonio and the Alamo and the Riverwalk (a river underneath the city covered either side with bars and restaurants.

Lukenbach is also pretty good - just like the wild best as is the small town of Bourne. (pronounced burnee)

and when you go over you must simply try Shiner 'Bock' or Shiner 'Blonde' the nicest beer i have ever tasted - i even went to the brewery tour in Shiner, fantastic.
Old 07 May 2007, 12:25 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

2 weeks?
Fly to San Francisco, tour the city, then hire a car. Head for Muir Woods and the wine country. Then head south, Carmel, Monterrey (sp?) San Simeon to see Hearst Castle. Then onto Santa Barbara, Malibu, Santa Monica, LA, and then keep on going to San Diego.

That's how I'd spend my 2 weeks!
Old 07 May 2007, 12:34 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

DFW is a major AA hub so you can fly anywhere in the US for not a vast amount of moolah, as internal flights are not too expensive over there- Ive just flown NY-seattle and back this week in first class for $not a lot.
Old 07 May 2007, 12:47 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Dallas, Fort Worth and Austin.

If you like ladies then your two weeks are sorted. The local talent tends to be very fit, tall, blonde and very friendly.

Austin has a very high female student population and if you don't pull you can go to Sugars and see them dancing the night away (for $20 a go )