Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Play.com

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2001, 04:53 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Anyone have any idea how long these guys take to deliver goods? I ordered some presents for Xmas last week and they still haven't shown up

And trying to get through to them by phone is a fr!gging nightmare .....aargh.

Stefan
Old 18 December 2001, 05:01 PM
roadrunner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Ordered a DVD last Weds, came yesterday.

Have you checked what the online tracking is showing? The worst case I've had with them is that it took 6 working days my DVD from dispatch.

rr
Old 18 December 2001, 05:10 PM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

A lot of people are saying its taking a few days for stuff to arrive, you've just got to be patient, it is christmas so they're bound to be busy.
Old 18 December 2001, 05:19 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

I know their busy, but it's not like it's unexpected. This does happen every year.

It would have been good of them to state just how long delivery might take on the website, so I could have went elsewhere rather than worrying if there gonna turn up before Xmas.

I've just been told one of the DVD's is out-of-stock (although it wasn't when I ordered it), so it ain't gonna arrive

I've been posting stuff out to customers over the last couple of weeks and things have been getting there next day. I guess if you don't pay for the guaranteed delivery, then your bound to expect delays.

Stefan "quickly running out of patience "
Old 18 December 2001, 06:04 PM
simon_prickett
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I have ordered a vast number of DVDs, Gameboy items and CDs from these guys, always excellent.

Give them a call and they'll trace it for you. Region 1 DVD take longer as they come from abroad.

Simon.
Old 18 December 2001, 08:40 PM
GavinP
Scooby Regular

Same deal as Simon - bought loads - no problems.

Bear in mind that the Royal Mail fits in here somewhere - our postal service is atrocious IMHO.

Do they not respond to emails ?

Thanks

Gavin
Old 18 December 2001, 09:17 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Red face

For every happy customer there is usually a unhappy one.

I ordered a TV and Video from Epiredirect just over 2 weeks ago and was told they would arrive within a week. Total cost was £760 and they have taken this from my card. I bought from them because the customer comments on the site were good.

I received the video, but since the Panasonic factory was set alight I cannot now have the TV until mid-January. My current rental firm are picking our rental TV up on the 5th Jan. I know it is not Empires fault, but they havent contacted me once so far. I have to constantly chase them to find out whats happening.

Rant over, good luck with the DVD's S

DW

Trending Topics

Old 19 December 2001, 08:33 AM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Bought a Region 2 DVD a few weeks ago from Play247 and although it took longer than anticipated, it did arrive in about 4-5 days (I thought they were sent first class the same or next day, but it took about three before the web site said it had been sent).

I currently am expecting a CD which I ordered last Wednesday - the order status now says Posted, so I guess it is in the lap of the gods, well Royal Mail anyway.

As an aside, I had a problem on their website and phoned their helpline to query an order, and they were really helpful.
Old 19 December 2001, 08:35 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Ordered on 11th, dispatched on 12th at 20:20, arrived on Monday 17th. It came via Brussels airport (!), so that's the reason for the delay I would guess.

Tried phoning them to find the status - constantly engaged. Tried emailing them - no response.

I think they're snowed under, but hold fire and your stuff should arrive.