Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

i have an electrical issue...

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2007, 04:28 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have an electrical issue...

erm im a bit crap at setting tvs etc up so il put this one to the scoobynetters.

last sat night my scoob was vandalised (big scratches put down nearside front wing and passenger door), and its gonna need resraying. touched up for the time being. i cant get a garage bult just yet as im paying off another little debt from last year first.

anyways. i bought a cctv camera to wacth my car on a weekend, as with me working nights, sunday-thursday the cars at work.

camera is wireless and uses a reciever which plugs into portable tv scart socket. plays fine and i can watch live pictures out side. but the tv has only 1 scart socket and i want to record pictures for a weekend incase this happens again to pass on evidence/murder perpetrators etc.

so i bought a cheap vcr and a 3 in 1 scart socket. so basically theres the scart from the camera and vcr in this 3-in-1 jobby which itself plugs into the tv. but i cant record the camera picture. the camera picture comes out on channel av1 as theres only the one socket, but when i plug the vcr in i get a green screen and it doesnt record...

what am i doing wrong? should i buy a cheap tv.vcr combo instead?

please help, im scared my cars gonna get defaced and videoing it is my only option currently, as the camera is very noticeable and pointing directly at the car when parked up.

cheers

andy
Old 31 March 2007, 12:21 PM
miff13
Scooby Regular

I haven't used a video in years, trying to rack my brains!

If you're getting the picture from the camera and this is set up via the video then you should be able to record it. Try setting the video to one of the sat channel, press channel up/down until you get A1 or A2 (I think) then try recording on one of those.
Old 31 March 2007, 12:37 PM
tronlc
Scooby Regular

Ok:

Plug the cam to a scart in on the vcr and record that av channel, then on the scart out or rf out to the tv to view...

Old 31 March 2007, 01:25 PM
lightwave693
Scooby Regular

thats how i would do it too
Old 31 March 2007, 06:59 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

cheers guys its sorted now

i had a little think and ended up doing this...

took vcr back to argos £40 back onto my credit card. said it was crap, i want my money back, dont make me be a dick about this lol.

mooched over to ebay. did a quick search for tv/vcr combi's, found one 7 miles away finished soon. made a quick phone call. lady moving to canada, after a quick sale. how much? £40

the rest is history. plug in the camera to the input scart. change tv channel to this and record.

bit more safe at night now knowing my car is at least being big brothered...

so im gonna celebrate my wit and charm and get fooking slautered tonight and stare at some boobies in a night club
Old 31 March 2007, 08:22 PM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

Is it parked on the road or driveway?
Old 01 April 2007, 05:29 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lydia72
Is it parked on the road or driveway?
currently on the road. parking on the driveway is out of the question. i live in a old fashioned long terraced house, where all the rooms are in a line. long and thin

so the front of the house faces my road. the back of the house goes into the long back garden which then goes onto the 40ft drive

no garage currently so my car would be parked 100ft away from the house with no protection... see my dilemma. gonna get a spot light to shine directly on the car at night to assist the cctv in lighting up the area.