Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Help with default on credit file...

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2007, 10:42 AM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with default on credit file...

Here is the story....

I always pay my bills on time, always! don't have an overdraft and never get charged by my bank. However i have trouble getting credit. So i decided to check my credit file, i payed for a full report which lists everything, all your credit agreements and the monthly payments and whether they are payed on time or not. Well, my file was fine until i scrolled down to see a T-Mobile account i closed and settled in Feb 2006, every month until Dec 2006 had a non payment against it - for a balance of £10.00 and finally a default registered in Dec 2006. OMG, i thought!! I have not recieved any letters/bills for the said balance, or i would have just payed it, it is after all only £10.00!!!

I moved house in Sept 2006 and did not recieve any letters/bills from Feb 2006 - Sep 2006, nor did i recieve any notice of a default! is this legal?

So now i have a default on my credit file which is really worrying me as i'm looking at buying my first house and have worked hard to ensure all my bills are paid on time over the past few years.

I have contacted T-Mobile who could not find my details, but promised a call back within 1 hour.

What can i do? Are T-Mobile likely to help me out and remove the default?

Can anyone give some advice??
Old 28 March 2007, 10:58 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They should sort it out. I wouldn't worry too much. Many of the big lenders will overlook small defaults if you have a good reason for it. It is unlikely that you would wreck your credit history for a tenner.
Get back to T-mobile and tell them you want to settle your account. If they can't find your details at that stage, tell them that you want the default removed from your file. Have a look at the experian website which will give you a run down on how to have disputed defaults removed