Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

ID cards anyone???.. As if we have a choice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2007, 07:02 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry ID cards anyone???.. As if we have a choice!!!

Ok now i know we have talked about it before but seriously this time its frightening me as its so close to being intiated so just had to mention it, and for all those that say its ok then 'WAKE THE HELL UP YOU MUPPETS'!! This country is fast becoming a dictatorship and we need to put a stop to it at once, otherwise well within the next decade we wont be able to do a dam thing and our freedom will be severly affected.. Our children will grow up indoctrinated into it also and thus wont question a thing..

ID Refusniks To Be Prisoners In Their Own Country

If everyone spread this round the net to their own various forums they frequent then it will snowball so dont sit idley by... cut and paste the link. It will take 5 seconds..

PS..Please take note that the *****'s implemented an ID card system also. They claimed it was for Terrorism too, in response to their governmental building being burnt down (Rheistag).. They were later found out to be lying as they were the ones doing the burning. Makes you think doesnt it as history has a funny knack of reappearing..
Old 14 March 2007, 07:48 AM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Two points -

1. For the last 14 years I have lived in European countries where there is an ID requirement. I have never been asked to produce my ID though.

2. Illegal immigrants love the UK, as once they are in they can just disappear. Not so easy in other European countries, where registration with local authorities is required.
Old 14 March 2007, 07:53 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Sorry to disagree with you here. This country is about as far from a dictatorship as you can get. The general population have gotten used to doing whatever the hell they want, which is partly why this country is such a horrible and ****ty play to live and bring up kids these days.

We're about the only country in Europe without ID cards. I think it'd be pretty convenient having an ID card in my wallet - it'd mean I wouldn't have to carry a passport when travelling in Europe.

And regarding the refuseniks, well to be blunt it's probably advantagous to trap all of these w@nkers here on this little island and stop them going anywhere else where nice people are likely to be.

Imagine going on holiday, being able to get away and relax not having to tolerate the British underclass as they're suffering the self imposed imprisonment.
Old 14 March 2007, 08:03 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

I also worry the way this country is headed. The current Government see to want total control, the ID scheme will do nothing. The data will be made available to any one willing to buy it. The black box in your car will tell them where you are when you went and how fast you travelled (expect a fine in the post). Coucil snoopers are allowed into you home, they can look in cupboards, wardrobes and take photographs. DNA is routinely take by the police to add to that data base (Tony want to make it compulsory for every one to provide a DNA sample). Children are having their finger prints taken to add to the growing data base. There is a Bill going through Parliament which will allow baliffs into your home, they will be able to force entry and remove goods. We are already the most spied on nation on the planet. Where will all end?

I can see there being mass civil disobedience over the pay as you go drive scheme, the ID cards (I will refuse to have one) and the huge rises in Council tax that are on the way.
Not bothered? Well you should be!
Old 14 March 2007, 08:27 AM
russ27
Scooby Regular

I think the i.d cards idea is ok but don't see why we have to pay for them
Old 14 March 2007, 08:43 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan
Imagine going on holiday, being able to get away and relax not having to tolerate the British underclass as they're suffering the self imposed imprisonment.

Sounds perfect
Old 14 March 2007, 09:25 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

I don't think the issue is with the ID cards themselves (after all we all have driving licences, bank cards, passports etc.). However, the real issue is the database behind it all and the state monitoring of what you do. Also, selling off data is very dodgy as well. Additionally, I wonder if the govt. are going to fully comply with the Data Protection Act? I doubt it should it interfere with their intentions....
Old 14 March 2007, 09:28 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by russ27
I think the i.d cards idea is ok but don't see why we have to pay for them
If it essentially became a card based version of a passport I wouldn't mind, the trouble is it isn't. They are demanding to know a whole raft of other information which is irrelevant to your identity. The government's ability to secure that information in 1 place is a great concern. Add that to the consideration to sell your information on to commercial organisations etc and I really do have a problem with the whole concept.

Will it stop illegal immigration, not until you have to start showing your ID card to get any kind of public service / use a bank account etc. When it gets to that level, it's hardly voluntary (as everybody would need them) and you'd have to carry them at all times.
Old 14 March 2007, 09:31 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Also, the criminal world WILL find a way to fake/clone cards too.
Old 14 March 2007, 10:03 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dracoro
Additionally, I wonder if the govt. are going to fully comply with the Data Protection Act? I doubt it should it interfere with their intentions....
Expect the Data Protection Act to be amended sometime soon so it fits in with their plans.
Old 14 March 2007, 12:59 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Just abandoned I would say, like the Privy Council! Nothing must be allowed to get in the way of the secret agenda.

Les
Old 14 March 2007, 01:31 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dracoro
Also, the criminal world WILL find a way to fake/clone cards too.
Sunday mail manged to break the code and copy or change the chip data in four hours ................. most experts agree they are useless. Why ID cards, what are they going to do for us? It wont stop terrorism, the 9/11 bombers were all in the US legally, the 11/7 train bombers were all in the UK legally and they wouldnt have stopped the Madrid train bombings (if a simialr situation had happened in the UK.
We dont need these, the people will NOT benefit from them, its just big brother. DNA data base is next on the cards.
Old 14 March 2007, 01:59 PM
Angels City Monger
Scooby Regular

I am a "visitor" in uk so no need for one. I wont allow my details to be passed on to just anyone. This is going to make billions for the goverment.
Old 14 March 2007, 02:12 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We should just get ID Cards introduced - END OF!!

Imagine the Pikeys trying to get one?? Ha Ha Ha!! They LOVE being unregistered anywhere!!

BRING IT ON!!! Best thing that could happen in the UK

I truly believe that we should be implanted with tracking devices ......

Take everyone's DNA and Fingerprints .... EVERYONES

Last edited by pslewis; 14 March 2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old 14 March 2007, 02:20 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh

2. Illegal immigrants love the UK, as once they are in they can just disappear. Not so easy in other European countries, where registration with local authorities is required.
What illegal immigrant is going to apply for an ID card?

What terrorist is going to apply for an ID card?

ID cards a just a way for our government to know where I am, where I go, when I go there, and what I spend my money on. They are after all saying it could be used as a debit card.

The illegal immigrant or terrorist will just disappear like they do now. No difference.

All this, and I'll get charged for the privilege of getting one.
Old 14 March 2007, 02:23 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I live in Germany where all German cititzens carry an ID card, funny thing is that I do not need one as a foreigner.
Old 14 March 2007, 02:30 PM
Angels City Monger
Scooby Regular

Take everyone's DNA and Fingerprints .... EVERYONES

I bet many here have already 'provided" theirs !!!
Old 14 March 2007, 08:50 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

pslewis
I was wondering whether you would reply to this thread with your speel of crap as per.. Look, you trawl these threads as some sort of instigator so do us all a favour and sod off.. If you had any form of sense what-so-ever you would read and understand the history and see this governments/others (joined) agenda for what it really is.. These cards are a farse and as has been demonstrated recently the database/software they are using has been cracked within a 4-hour period so 'yeh its really safe mind'

Ohhh and by btw..do you know anything about the main manufacturers of these so-called RFID chips you speak so highly of? well let me educate you.. One such group called the Carlye group have developed a tracker chip for homeland security in the shape of a Swastika emblem. If you look closely at the figures who run this shaddowy buisness you will see the vast majority are CIA and NSA involved and i dont need to tell you about their history do i?? Cant remember straight off the top of my head but im pretty sure other such RFID companies have been caught out or involved in child sex slavary also. Still want one embedded in your arm prisoner of war styly.. ???????

Last edited by scrappydoo; 14 March 2007 at 08:51 PM. Reason: .
Old 16 March 2007, 08:40 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scrappydoo
pslewis
I was wondering whether you would reply to this thread with your speel of crap as per.. Look, you trawl these threads as some sort of instigator so do us all a favour and sod off.. If you had any form of sense what-so-ever you would read and understand the history and see this governments/others (joined) agenda for what it really is..
It is my opinion that we should all have ID Cards right now - we should have our DNA taken and stored and all of our fingerprints taken.

If you think differently then you are entitled to.

I would be at the front of the queue if we were all micro-chipped and tracked .... why not?????

It would solve a lot of crime at a stroke ....
Old 16 March 2007, 08:51 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

If you have nothing to hide, where is the problem?. Gets my vote.

Anyone that has a problem with ID is either bent, bent, or planning on bent activities.

If it closes the net on pond life and immigrants I'm more than happy for the feds to see my missing Genome
Old 16 March 2007, 09:26 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by pslewis

It would solve a lot of crime at a stroke ....
It would also enable a lot of crime at a stroke - someone gets a cloned copy of your card, leaves traces of you being at a crime scene... You get done they get away...

Remember the policewoman Shirley McKie convicted by a fingerprint that wasn't even hers!

Shirley McKie was a successful police woman until February 1997 when she was accused of leaving her fingerprint at a crime scene and lying about it. This all happened in the line of duty when she was part of a police team investigating the vicious murder of Marion Ross in Kilmarnock, Scotland.
Shirley testified as a crown witness at the trial of David Asbury accused of the murder. Asked about the crime scene she stated that she had not been in the murder victim's house even although 4 experts from the Scottish Criminal Records Office (SCRO) had identified a 'thumbprint' from the house as hers.
A few months later in an early morning raid she was arrested by the police. She had to go to the toilet, shower and dress with a female police officer looking on and after that she was brought to a police station (where her father had been a commanding officer), marched past colleagues and friends, strip searched and thrown in a cell. She was charged with perjury. The only evidence against her was the disputed fingerprint found in the murder house.

from ShirleyMcKie.com

It already happens - it will get worse!

Mick

Last edited by Mick; 16 March 2007 at 09:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 16 March 2007, 11:32 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

i just think the ID cards are another way of the government watching us we are caught on camera atleast 18 time a day its definatly big brother watching us its getting to the stage where my family dont want to live in this country because of it i just think its pathetic how they think having ID cards will solve the problem of terrorists when the ones for the london train bombings was from this country anyway. Its also another way for them to get money out of us!
Old 16 March 2007, 11:38 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stilover
What illegal immigrant is going to apply for an ID card?

What terrorist is going to apply for an ID card?

ID cards a just a way for our government to know where I am, where I go, when I go there, and what I spend my money on. They are after all saying it could be used as a debit card.

The illegal immigrant or terrorist will just disappear like they do now. No difference.

All this, and I'll get charged for the privilege of getting one.

My point is that living in a 'Police State' does have its advantages. I have done so for more than a decade already and never had an issue. Illegals can't easily settle down without having to register, which they can't do of course. So they go somewhere where they don't have to register. Good old Blighty, in fact.
Old 17 March 2007, 10:52 AM
||VaNDaL||
Scooby Regular

Location: I am lost. I have gone to find myself, if I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

even if you have the theory that "if you aint doing nuffink wrong, etc"

his tonyness & cronies took hg wells' classic book as a manifesto. it is all part of a wider issue on personal freedom - i don't suppose you evr end up driving slightly faster than you should(albeit unintentionally) how long before you automatically get your ticket/summons through?

technologically - already travelcards (which use the same system of data encryption)are being scanned and cloned using bluetooth technology by eastern euopean gangs, using modified mobile phones - do you really want every detail of your life being available to any criminal in one stroke?

once i have the cash i'm off elsewhere, don't want to live in the frightend sheep society were we so willingly allow any self serving politician to spin us into "pretty please - remove my freedom and track me, watch me, fine me, tatto a barcode on my neck."

Old 17 March 2007, 11:17 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan

Sounds like champagne taste and fish and chip money to me. If you had the cash you wouldn't be going to places the underclass could get to. Save up a bit more work a bit harder and one day you might get there.
Old 17 March 2007, 04:01 PM
collierm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip Sengravy
If you have nothing to hide, where is the problem?. Gets my vote.

Anyone that has a problem with ID is either bent, bent, or planning on bent activities.

If it closes the net on pond life and immigrants I'm more than happy for the feds to see my missing Genome
Stupid stupid statement.

So what if you have nothing to hide, you still want all your personal data accessible by lots of different agencies, private companies and individuals. The government says it won't prevent fraud, well duh, if anything, it will make identity fraud even easier. If they offshore the work, easier still, its then governed by the national laws of that country. We've all seen the stories already of call centre workers in Asia selling data to supplement their incomes.

I have nothing to hide either, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let my personal information be planted all over the governments databases for all and sundry to access. It's my information and I will decide who to share it with. Privacy is something as a human being I am entitled to.

Thanks

Matt

Last edited by collierm; 15 April 2007 at 08:48 PM.
Old 17 March 2007, 04:55 PM
AJF
Scooby Regular

why cant anyone found guilt in court carry a card listing all crimes and dates if they dont carry it lock them up

Adrian
Old 17 March 2007, 05:10 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

I cant see anything wrong with I.D cards, then again Ive got nothing to hide.
Most of you or your wifes are carrying sort of 'trackers' now.

Its called a reward card ....... All you what you buy and where you live is on these cards already.
Tesco is a perfect example. If you buy pet food and live in a high income area you will automaticly be sent leaflets regarding pet insurance.

Your soul has already been sold !