Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Driving a Lamborghini?

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2007, 12:26 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Driving a Lamborghini?

Anyone any good suggestions? I'd like to get a voucher for a birthday present. Specifically Lambo, other makes don't cut it. Red Letter Day sort of thing.

BTW, we're talking supercars rather than tractors

Thanks.
Old 14 March 2007, 12:35 AM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mate if i ever got one u could have borrowed mines for a week for free as long as u had insurance

i woz once offered it as a swap for my evo when it woz 600 bhp it woz a diablo, i said nae chance i aint going for that crap, its too slow
Old 14 March 2007, 12:54 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Virgin does Ferrari, not sure about Lambo
Old 14 March 2007, 01:02 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

This is one of the best I found :

Thruxton Driving Experience. Drive Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Aston Martin, Lotus, Racing cars and Mazda. Official Thruxton Motorsport Centre Website.

Nobody really offers what you really want to do - ie rag the **** off it for 30 laps, but these people seem pretty fair and push you to drive it fast, certainly faster than i thought I could drive anyway.
Old 14 March 2007, 08:37 AM
Scooby Senior

I did the Silverstone Ferrari one, for that sort of money, I sure as hell got my monies worth.... limiter in 5th isnt hard down the hangar streight

As for the Lambo days, I would prob say Ultimate Lamborghini Driving Experience at Bruntingthorpe taken from Lamborghini Driving experiences at UK Circuits with Trackdays.co.uk failing that, you could try and blag a long test drive
Old 14 March 2007, 11:43 AM
P1-Brad
Scooby Regular

My missus got me a Lambo driving experience for xmas one year from buyagift.com (or something), anyway, wouldn't recommend it. Whilst I enjoyed it it was over very quickly, literally hopped straight into a Diablo, was given a quick 'briefing' and then did 3-4 laps of Goodwood. Really enjoyed it whilst it lasted but was over just as you start to get to know the course / car etc. Not good value for money IMHO.
Old 14 March 2007, 01:28 PM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1-Brad
My missus got me a Lambo driving experience for xmas one year from buyagift.com (or something), anyway, wouldn't recommend it. Whilst I enjoyed it it was over very quickly, literally hopped straight into a Diablo, was given a quick 'briefing' and then did 3-4 laps of Goodwood. Really enjoyed it whilst it lasted but was over just as you start to get to know the course / car etc. Not good value for money IMHO.
i did the Ferarri day at Croft last year. that was pretty good, as you drive a Cooper S, 944 Turbo (v. dissappointed ), a Ginetta, then a 308 / 328. The Ferrai was ok, but it takes a while to get used to, by which time your 3 laps are up. The Ginetta was easily the most fun, as you got more laps, and could quite easily chuck it around. Besides, 120 into a 40 mph headwind, behind a 5" high windscreen, with the exhaust heat coming through next to your legs and the bonnet trying to lift off is a pretty raw driving experience. Far more so than I expect from a new Lambo.
Highly recommended.

One of the guys there went so slowly in the Porsche I spead past in the Cooper. Can't understand why you'd pay £300+ to saunter round...
Old 14 March 2007, 02:25 PM
rallying1
Scooby Regular

If you can afford it, try and hire one for the day from on eof those rent a car type places, my sister hired my brother in law a Ferrari a couple of years ago for about £250 for the day, it was a fairy old one but it still went like fek!
Old 14 March 2007, 03:01 PM
///\oo/\\\
Scooby Regular

Location: Infractions - Scoobynet's version of the "scamera" van

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
. Red Letter Day sort of thing.

Thanks.
Sure.

Send me a cheque for £500 and I'll send you the voucher.

It'll be honoured, honest
Old 14 March 2007, 05:45 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Thanks everyone The Thruxton one looks really well thought out - just costs more
Old 14 March 2007, 06:21 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
Thanks everyone The Thruxton one looks really well thought out - just costs more
Brendan, there is a guy who lives around the corner from me with a Muralargo (sp) he hires it our for track days and film sets, think Lisbon may be a little out of his way though
Old 14 March 2007, 06:41 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RichWalk
Brendan, there is a guy who lives around the corner from me with a Muralargo (sp)
Sounds like it might be a fake

Originally Posted by RichWalk
he hires it our for track days and film sets, think Lisbon may be a little out of his way though
Cheers Rich It's for my brother in London. Might be interesting, but I'm guessing by the time we paid for insurance etc, a track event could be better?

I started to type could you see if he can offer anything competitive? but then pictured my brother in a Lambo on the public roads -> No, let's stick to the track days...
Old 14 March 2007, 08:34 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Brendan
Check this out:

Club Silverstone

Chip
Old 14 March 2007, 09:45 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Become a criminal, crash it and buy another one !
Old 15 March 2007, 01:17 PM
stormyuklondon1
Scooby Regular

I'd highly recommend the Thruxton day, i did it a couple of years ago , all be it with the Ferrari 360 and 911 turbo, but the instructors are very good and they don't seem to over load the track with drivers. also, you can pay to have extra laps, which I did with the 911, to this day the best road car I've driven!
this was the Lambo they were using..

the biggest hoot though, is the single seaters! i was giggling all the way around the track
Old 15 March 2007, 03:04 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

The long term test Lambo in Evo magazine owned by Simon George is up for rent most weekends IIRC. I met him at a WYIOC meet last year and he told us all about it. I don't remember all the details but I think he uses either Bedford or Bruntingthorp. Googling his name brought up THIS.