Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

24 day 6 - ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2007, 07:53 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 24 day 6 - ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

I've been a 24 fan since Day 1 arrived on DVD, but sadly watched the last season (day 5) and now day 6 get ever more predicatable and dare I saw 'boring'

The current 'day 6' has got to be the worst to date.....I remember sitting down watching 1,2,3, 4 and to some point 5 and actually getting annoyed I'd have to wait a week to see the next episode....but with day 6 I really couldn't give 2 monkeys what happens next.

With only a few of the series strongest characters remaining, plot lines that repeat themselves every season whilst becoming even less plausible its just not thrilling tv viewing anymore - i'm just waiting for a CTU mole to appear in Day 6 now!

Anyone else feeling the 24 blues? Have they changed script writers? If not maybe they should.

Anyone watching Nip Tuck? Again watched this from the start and its got better and better

Neil
Old 28 February 2007, 09:49 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

I must admit, i'm a fan of 24 but this one has started to go a bit awol. I too am looking at different characters for the mole. Jacks luck is just fcuked and you do find yourself thinking if it is anywhere near plausable. I know the real time thing has to faulter now and then just to keep the story rolling but getting out of a government building and into a helicoptor and halfway across LA in 45 seconds is a bit quick and for jack to be nearly dead and can hardly talk one minute and a couple of hours later be ready to take on the world again is a bit much.

Still watching it though, they all seem to dry up a bit in the middle so maybe it might get better, but its plausable i need really!
Old 28 February 2007, 10:48 PM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Location: I have ad blocked my rep - so dont waste your time!

no one cares anymore - in the begining he was a family man wife a wife, kid and baby on the way, something to fight for.....now he has no family to speak of and has crossed so many lines he can never get back to where he was (executing Chappell, Curtis, etc)......hes nothing more than a yes man goverment puppet who has no motivation in his life beyond what the president orders him to do.
Old 01 March 2007, 08:17 AM
SD
Scooby Regular

I must be alone on this but I'm really enjoying this one. That said, it's the first one I've watched intently since series 1, and I haven't been privvy to all the other stuff that's gone on in the other series....

Simon