Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

jet bike

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2007, 10:09 PM
elreg_sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jet bike

alrighty folks, been looking at one of these for a while and found this one tonight, already spoke to guy on the phone and he is willing to hold it for me untill i can travel down to collect. anyone got any advice??

eBay.co.uk: SEADOO XP LTD 1999 *SEA DOO XPL JET SKI* 65mph + FUN (item 220084096690 end time 01-Mar-07 19:30:00 GMT)
Old 23 February 2007, 12:11 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Yep - hold on ha ha

seriously though these need proper looking after and regular servicing - Seadoo are the best but from what i've heard they can be a bit tempremental.

An old buddy used to have one and a full day we used to go through 60 quids worth of juice (this is about 7 years ago) they are thirsty puppies with them being a two stroke.

you can mod them to 130bhp as well and trust me 65-70mph on Water feels feckin fast.

enjoy
Old 23 February 2007, 08:33 AM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

I had 3 jetskis, the best of which as my Seadoo GSX Ltd (MY99) in black and red. With a 950 engine and 130 horses, it didn't hang around at all. Top speed was over 70mph and as The Chief says, that is quick on water! If you came off and hit the water at that speed it's like hitting a brick wall (circa 80mph and you'll knock yourself out!).

It's true the Seadoo's can be quite temperamental (my Kawasaki 750 was without doubt the most reliable) but they are the best in my opinion.

You'll end up spending quite a bit in running it (and servicing it) but make sure you pay particular attention to the bearings on the trailer. I've lost more than one wheel on the way home!!!!

As for the ski in your eBay link, I think it's a little overpriced. I sold my Seadoo in 2003 (the year I got married ) for £3300 and it was a better ski - I also threw in loads of wetsuits, inflatable toys etc.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 23 February 2007, 09:00 AM
sbk1972
Scooby Regular

Mmmm cant say I can add much more to the guy's messages above, but I went down the Jetski / Wet bike route, then on to speed boats. ( I live on the south coast near Littlehampton )

Was fun to begin with but soon became expensive. The amount of fuel you go through is absolutely amazing, as are the number of bearings on your trailers ! :-)

Also, you need wet suits, as the weather never really becomes warm enough. Also, the comment about hitting the water at 80mph, well hitting it at > 30mph is bad enough. Now, I'd rather have a mate that owns a boat / jetski and ponce off him, then have my own one.

Learnt a few hard lessions, and learnt that the sea swallows it's mistakes, i.e. you crash, within 10 seconds your boat / ski has been swallowed up and sunk, so, what ever you do, get insurance.

Saying all this, for the one or two times my friends and I used my speed boat to pull up at Rutherfords on the pier at Worthing, for a nights clubbing. Did look the part :-)

SBK
Old 23 February 2007, 09:30 AM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

I used to have a Polaris SLH for about 3 years and only got rid of it because i was away fighting for queen and country and never got a good summer out of it, fantastic fun though and cant beat towing your mate behind you on a inflatable at 40 MPH and seeing the terror on their face, quality.

As above the wheel bearings go all the time and that trailer does not look the best either.

It does seem a tad expensive to me and why would you take the little data tag stickers off???, they are only the size of a large stamp and are there to prevent theft.

Are you geting any extras with it etc as as every one says it can be expensive buisness, Fuel, insurance, lake fees and the endless stuff you want to buy, modding a jet ski so to speak!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a amazing feeling though and great fun, i went to Bulgaria on Holiday last year and got banned from hiring them as the guy said i was going to break it with all the stunts i was doing ,lol. should have seen his face when i had it about 8 feet in the air of a huge wave,

Mac
Old 23 February 2007, 09:41 AM
RUDDY
Scooby Regular

ive been on one of these in Palma, had a mate on the back turned a corner quite sharp leaning in as you do, mate came flying off the back! lol! that was at about 50 mph though! IT MUST BE BLOODY SCARY GOING 70MPH!
quick question though! what happens if youi run out of petrol and your not exactly close to the shore?? do you tow it in yourself?
Old 23 February 2007, 10:06 AM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

I used to have a paddle, flares and my mobile in a waterproof bag in the front stowage, never had to use them thank god.

Mac
Old 23 February 2007, 10:13 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks 23
I had 3 jetskis, the best of which as my Seadoo GSX Ltd (MY99) in black and red.
I think we've discussed this before, but I had the same model. Absolutely awesome.

The XP is the one-seater version. Should be a lot of fun but a bit harder work in rougher conditions. My GSX was actually very reliable. If you're mechanically minded, they're not hard to work on. I say go for it, but check the price is right
Old 23 February 2007, 10:14 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RUDDY
quick question though! what happens if youi run out of petrol and your not exactly close to the shore?? do you tow it in yourself?
The answer is that on the sea you can't afford to do anything as stupid as that! In practise, you'd flag down another boat or failing that call someone on the VHF.
Old 23 February 2007, 11:12 AM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=TopBanana;6688070]I think we've discussed this before, but I had the same model. Absolutely awesome.
QUOTE]

Indeed we have young man

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ghlight=jetski
Old 23 February 2007, 11:22 AM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

Still a little overpriced IMO, but this is the one which Top Banana and I keep raving on about

eBay.co.uk: Seadoo gsx ltd 1000cc jetski boat very fast with toys (item 200081300202 end time 01-Mar-07 19:22:51 GMT)
Old 23 February 2007, 11:25 AM
RUDDY
Scooby Regular

id be way to paranoid of running out of fuel! could you take a small cokr bottle full of fuel just to get you back?
Old 23 February 2007, 11:35 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RUDDY
id be way to paranoid of running out of fuel! could you take a small cokr bottle full of fuel just to get you back?
You could do if you wanted, but it'd only take a you a few hundred yards!

You'd never let yourself get in this situation. There's a fuel guage and the rule of thumb is 1/3rd out, 1/3rd in, and 1/3rd in reserve. Of all the things that can happen at sea, running out of fuel shouldn't even figure on your 'list of things to worry about'.

Last edited by TopBanana; 23 February 2007 at 02:58 PM. Reason: typo
Old 23 February 2007, 11:35 AM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

The Kawasaki Ultra 150 was also a good reliable (and quick) ski.

eBay.co.uk: kawasaki ultra 150 jet ski (item 250085246470 end time 23-Feb-07 12:12:30 GMT)
Old 23 February 2007, 07:09 PM
elreg_sti
Scooby Regular

found a 2001 yamaha 1200r with 35 hours and roller trailer for £3000

going to look at it tomorrow, this is the same ski i have been "borrowing" over the last summer so i know they can be unreliable but are easily fixed and very good fun
Old 23 February 2007, 09:06 PM
Trucker Ted
Scooby Regular

This is a good forum for advice and tips and the guys are pretty friendly.The big ski's can guzzle fuel like a STI on steroids with a hole in the petrol tank, ......But its still worth it .

P.s on a side note ,the general concensus appears to be that the yammies are a bit more reliable than the doo's.

Have a look here.
PWCforums
Old 28 February 2007, 09:07 PM
elreg_sti
Scooby Regular

just bought a yamaha 1200r, 2002, 37hours, £3400

really good condition cant wait to get it out
Old 28 February 2007, 11:27 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

man u bring back memories i luv jet bikes

alot of my mates used tae have em so i used tae go oot wae them

seadoo hx motoxross style

my fave woz the yamaha waveblaster 2, waveblaster 1 woz excellent but in a windy day wae choppy water it woz hard tae get back on the bike lol and balance it blaster 2 woz excellent that way

and also the suzuki tigershark, wow what a jet bike
Old 01 March 2007, 03:53 PM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by elreg_sti
just bought a yamaha 1200r, 2002, 37hours, £3400

really good condition cant wait to get it out
Nice one

Enjoy!
Old 01 March 2007, 08:25 PM
elreg_sti
Scooby Regular

anyone know the best place to get a towbar?
Old 01 March 2007, 08:56 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Location ?
Old 01 March 2007, 08:57 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by moses
man u bring back memories i luv jet bikes

alot of my mates used tae have em so i used tae go oot wae them

seadoo hx motoxross style

my fave woz the yamaha waveblaster 2, waveblaster 1 woz excellent but in a windy day wae choppy water it woz hard tae get back on the bike lol and balance it blaster 2 woz excellent that way

and also the suzuki tigershark, wow what a jet bike
Moses,

Loch Lomond was the place to be with a jetbike i had a polaris, though cant mind the model. I had the donut as well with it. I loved just being flung off the bike & the donut & landing in the loch.

Brilliant
Old 01 March 2007, 09:12 PM
elreg_sti
Scooby Regular

paisley so stirlings is near me, anyone know anywhere else, would buy off internet if its cheaper???

my cousin was thrown off at doughnut at lochlomond and straight into bow of a boat. was in intensive care for a week. hes ok now tho.
Old 01 March 2007, 09:29 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

On the back of your car.
Old 01 March 2007, 09:51 PM
elreg_sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TopBanana
On the back of your car.
top answer
Old 01 March 2007, 10:08 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

paisley so stirlings is near me, anyone know anywhere else, would buy off internet if its cheaper???

my cousin was thrown off at doughnut at lochlomond and straight into bow of a boat. was in intensive care for a week. hes ok now tho.
Do you want it fitted ??

If so PM me your contact details, i am sure i could get a deal sorted out if your able to travel to the fort Also pm me your make & model of vehicle.
Old 02 March 2007, 11:17 PM
elreg_sti
Scooby Regular

dont want it fitted. looking for either one for my 02 sti type uk or a pug 2006 2000 model
Old 02 March 2007, 11:46 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
Moses,

Loch Lomond was the place to be with a jetbike i had a polaris, though cant mind the model. I had the donut as well with it. I loved just being flung off the bike & the donut & landing in the loch.

Brilliant
aww brilliant mate, loch lomond is heaven mate, rowardennan side lol i used tae go wae the motorbikes their and also take my wife and maw for daytrips and bbq, i used tae hire one of those boats wae an outboard motor and go for a wee trip, i only ever waterskied their but not jetski'd i used tae jetski at saltcoats and helensburgh, i dont know if u know alan and ian stirling, they used tae own stirlings jetbikes and also haulage companies

very nice folk mate, they took me oot for the day wae them and no chargem very nice of them , they went oot wae their mates and i knew them for a couple of yrs and they invited me up and took me tae saltcoats, i had a shot in 7 different bikes lol i loved it , we woz oot for hours and i woz trynna reach isle of arran but i shat myself, see i have fear of jaws even if we dont have sharks here, coz when i woz small i woz scared of the sea coz of jaws and i saw this shadow of a massive fish when i woz oot, must have been a wee whale but i went near the shore then lol and stayed near it haha

i love dain donuts mate, and make a wave and jump over it lol wicked, i loved it when it woz a windy day, choppy water and massive waves and jumping over them, wicked , i only fell once, see i had the waveblaster 2 oot, thats a very fast bike and turns very quick and i turned too fast wae full throttle and it hit a wave and i went flying, i swear i woz so far away fae the bike it cut oot of course but it travelled far, i just wished no monster will pull me in the water lol, scary

too many jaws movies me thinks

u should try water skiing, it took me time tae get used tae it, bloody hard, just make sure the ski front part stays up or u will go doon lol

peace

by the way i never told u, see when i woz near 18 i had a motorbike and i met gazza at loch lomond duck bay marina when he just signed for rangers and jimmy fivebellies lol such a nice guy gazza woz this woz before he did that flute thing which woz not so good, he talked for 2o mins and even had a shot on my motorbike i swear, a very nice guy indeed

Last edited by moses; 02 March 2007 at 11:48 PM.
Old 02 March 2007, 11:50 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

lol stirlings, u mean stirlings jetbikes in linwood, awesome , very nice people mate

speak tae alan the younger one and ask him u remember a scots asian guy yrs back used tae come here and u took him oot tae saltcoats

their nice folk
Old 12 March 2007, 08:50 PM
elreg_sti
Scooby Regular

was out in loch lomond on friday, was freezing!!!!but good fun

bikes seems ok, in stirlings just now having full check over and a new roller trailer fitted.

roll on the summer

Quick Reply: jet bike