Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I'm an idiot !!

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2007, 02:27 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I'm an idiot !!

Today on my way home from my MOT (passed by the way) I pulled out in front of a marked Police Land Rover and then proceed to accelerate to 50mph in a 30! Now, the 30 is actually along the prom in New Brighton Wallasey, which is open spaces and no children… however I still feel I did wrong. Having just got my car back and having not noticed said Police car I was trying to deal with my clutch issue by trying different levels of power.

Of course said Police man follows and pulls me over. He then asks me the speed limit, to which I reply 30mph and his reply why where you doing 50? I said I didn’t notice I was, which in all fairness I didn’t.
He said so, you know the speed limit and did you see me? I said yes, which again to be fair I did notice him my brain was just turned off. So he said I’ve got two choices, I either know the speed limited saw him and admit to speeding and taking the **** out of him, or I didn’t notice my speed which is careless driving 9 points and £60 fine.
I pondered for a moment and tried not to cry. I then said I guess I didn’t notice the speed. He said ok, 9 points, £60 fine and Speeding ticket on top of that for speeding. Fair enough, I said. Let’s be honest I made a mistake and I deserved it. He walks around my car and notices my tax is out of date… been in storage until today with MOT. He came back to me and asked why., I explained.

He leant into the car and very calmly, but very scarily told me that if he ever sees me again… and then he left.
No ticket, not producer… nothing.
I can honestly say that although I was unbelievably lucky, I wont be speeding for a long time. I think the guilt and the stupidity I feel is gonna work better than the fine.
So I hold my hands up and await the slating.
Old 02 February 2007, 02:30 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No "out the car black bastid" or nothing ?
Old 02 February 2007, 02:34 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lightning101
Old 02 February 2007, 02:48 PM
Daz1121
Scooby Regular

I've been going to the floral pavillion the last few nights and noticed a very high police presense along the front. It is easy to speed along that section of road without realising it so know the situation you were in. You were very lucky and I had a similar incident about 15 years ago and got let off when I could have ended up with a lot of points on my license.
Old 02 February 2007, 02:48 PM
micared-prodrive
Scooby Regular

he was doing you no favours,it has to be proved thay you were speeding,proved of any careless driving,also never admit you were speeding etc,ive been caught a few times speeding in lets say areas and times when hardly anyone is about,apart from police,ive twice been clocked at over 120mph and was never done for it,ive been caught at over 100mph on a carridgeway and was never convicted for it..its all about knowing what to say and when to say it..last week i whip past a standard police car on a dual carridgeway,i speed past him at 115mph,knowing he was 1 man crewed and no equipment to prove i was speeding. he of course stopped me and stated i was speeding,my simple reply was i wasnt and that he was wrong unless he could prove otherwise,i also had the cheek to ask when the last time his speedo had been calibrated!! he simply smiled and told me to go on my way....lol,8 years as a former special constable has given me an insight into these things..........p.s. dont punish safe speeders,punish twockers!!!! nuff said

Last edited by micared-prodrive; 02 February 2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02 February 2007, 02:57 PM
jayltee1
Scooby Regular

How did you know the copper was in a standard panda with no video? I thought they fitted video to most if not all of em nowadays?
Old 02 February 2007, 03:03 PM
micared-prodrive
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jayltee1
How did you know the copper was in a standard panda with no video? I thought they fitted video to most if not all of em nowadays?
this was a beat vehicle,not a pursuit,traffic,or arv,.....im simply stating events that have happened,and how its possible to walk away with a few words in your ear then a ban or points...........P.S did you know its not an offence to use a mobile fone when driving? the actual offence is driving without due care and attention,careless driving,you have to be seen to do this,i.e hit a car,a tree,a person,or a pet etc etc.....

Last edited by micared-prodrive; 02 February 2007 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02 February 2007, 03:08 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by micared-prodrive
he was doing you no favours,it has to be proved thay you were speeding,proved of any careless driving,also never admit you were speeding etc,ive been caught a few times speeding in lets say areas and times when hardly anyone is about,apart from police,ive twice been clocked at over 120mph and was never done for it,ive been caught at over 100mph on a carridgeway and was never convicted for it..its all about knowing what to say and when to say it..last week i whip past a standard police car on a dual carridgeway,i speed past him at 115mph,knowing he was 1 man crewed and no equipment to prove i was speeding. he of course stopped me and stated i was speeding,my simple reply was i wasnt and that he was wrong unless he could prove otherwise,i also had the cheek to ask when the last time his speedo had been calibrated!! he simply smiled and told me to go on my way....lol,8 years as a former special constable has given me an insight into these things..........p.s. dont punish safe speeders,punish twockers!!!! nuff said
8 years as a special constable and you think that just because you know the tricks of the trade you can take the p1ss. Rather than being so smug you should be utterly ashamed at your pathetic, petty, childish behaviour. You're dangerous and the sooner you are off the road the better. I hope they catch you soon and throw the entire library at you.

Last edited by Blueblaster; 02 February 2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02 February 2007, 03:10 PM
micared-prodrive
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Blueblaster;6618276]
he was doing you no favours,it has to be proved thay you were speeding,proved of any careless driving,also never admit you were speeding etc,ive been caught a few times speeding in lets say areas and times when hardly anyone is about,apart from police,ive twice been clocked at over 120mph and was never done for it,ive been caught at over 100mph on a carridgeway and was never convicted for it..its all about knowing what to say and when to say it..last week i whip past a standard police car on a dual carridgeway,i speed past him at 115mph,knowing he was 1 man crewed and no equipment to prove i was speeding. he of course stopped me and stated i was speeding,my simple reply was i wasnt and that he was wrong unless he could prove otherwise,i also had the cheek to ask when the last time his speedo had been calibrated!! he simply smiled and told me to go on my way....lol,8 years as a former special constable has given me an insight into these things..........p.s. dont punish safe speeders,punish twockers!!!! nuff said[/QUOTE

8 years as a special constable and you think that just because you know the tricks of the trade you can take the p1ss. Rather than being so smug you should be utterly ashamed at your pathetic, petty, childish behaviour. You're dangerous and the sooner you are off the road the better. I hope they catch you soon and throw the entire library at you.
pmsl
Old 02 February 2007, 03:19 PM
micared-prodrive
Scooby Regular

If traffic officers spent time in an ncp car park they would catch proper criminals,the sort that steal cars and raise yours and my insurance premiums,these twocers (taken without consent)are the people who are dangerous,they kill mothers pushing babys,they run over your children,they smash into your parents head on,.........but the likes of most decent people like us get points and fines for 35mph in a 30mph........am i so wrong in learning how to prevent that from happening to me? am i dangerous because i drove at 115mph on an empty part of a dual carridgeway?.........be my judge please....................these comments on any of my threads regarding speeds etc are by no way an admission to any actual event regarding them.

Last edited by micared-prodrive; 02 February 2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02 February 2007, 03:21 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

Your very lucky -
Old 02 February 2007, 03:27 PM
scoobyschef
Scooby Regular

straight home for clean pants i guess. and do we buy scoobs to do 30/50/60/70 mmmm i dont think so
Old 02 February 2007, 03:28 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

If traffic officers spent time in an ncp car park they would catch proper criminals,the sort that steal cars and raise yours and my insurance premiums,these twocers (taken without consent)are the people who are dangerous,they kill mothers pushing babys,they run over your children,they smash into your parents head on,.........but the likes of most decent people like us get points and fines for 35mph in a 30mph........am i so wrong in learning how to prevent that from happening to me? im i dangerous because i drove at 115mph on an empty part of a dual carridgeway?.........be my judge please...........
Yes you are bl00dy dangerous. And don't try and justify your recklessness by listing other crimes that are more emotive and have a bigger impact on their victims. Your post shows that you drive fast because you know how to get away with it and you want to rub the policemen's noses in it. If there was a police car on the dual carriage way then it wasn't deserted. You therefore endangered his life and the lives of people coming in the opposite direction who might have been caught in the flying debris. You are the sort of person who causes scooby drivers to get pulled over on a regular basis just because of the car they are driving. One day they will haul you in front of a judge who will hopefully ban you forever. You're a pathetic weed of a man.
Old 02 February 2007, 03:30 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

un fookin believeable the bit i liked was :

"proceed to accelerate to 50mph in a 30 " but "He then asks me the speed limit, to which I reply 30mph and his reply why where you doing 50? I said I didn’t notice I was, which in all fairness I didn’t. "

make your mind up mate !!
Old 02 February 2007, 03:32 PM
jayltee1
Scooby Regular

I was just curious as to how to spot a video or non-vid car. Cheers for your thoughts Micared-P....I shall keep them in mind for my impending doom (coming up to 5years since last pull.....not long left methinks).
Old 02 February 2007, 03:39 PM
micared-prodrive
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blueblaster
Yes you are bl00dy dangerous. And don't try and justify your recklessness by listing other crimes that are more emotive and have a bigger impact on their victims. Your post shows that you drive fast because you know how to get away with it and you want to rub the policemen's noses in it. If there was a police car on the dual carriage way then it wasn't deserted. You therefore endangered his life and the lives of people coming in the opposite direction who might have been caught in the flying debris. You are the sort of person who causes scooby drivers to get pulled over on a regular basis just because of the car they are driving. One day they will haul you in front of a judge who will hopefully ban you forever. You're a pathetic weed of a man.
pmsl...erm im a doorman now hardly a weed of a man,ive boxed for the army for 6 years,i still box now and also coach young boys,please no personal comments,it simply shows your lack of maturity and i do find KEYBOARED WARRIORS EXTREMELY FUNNY
Old 02 February 2007, 03:51 PM
PCM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lightning101

Old 02 February 2007, 03:56 PM
micared-prodrive
Scooby Regular

As you can see im happy to share my comments in a public forum.......ENTRAPMENT and harrasment are superb tools(for defense in a court,cps dont like it) for any budding wannabe who would like to catch me speeding,which they wont,because i dont....
Old 02 February 2007, 04:05 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

pmsl...erm im a doorman now hardly a weed of a man,ive boxed for the army for 6 years,i still box now and also coach young boys,please no personal comments,it simply shows your lack of maturity and i do find KEYBOARED WARRIORS EXTREMELY FUNNY
Priceless. So you deliberately sped past a lone policeman knowing that he would give chase and pull you over. When he did you get out of the car and lug your huge menacing frame over to him and then proceed to intimidate him further by bestowing on him your full knowledge of the loopholes in the law. I bet that made you feel really big and powerful didn't it? My comment about you had nothing to do with your physical stature, but the way you present yourself to other people. You have portrayed yourself as a big know-it-all bully.

I bet no one ever tells you anything negative about you. I bet they are too scared. In this instance being a keyboard warrior is maybe just the sort of opponent you need as your physical prowess carries no weight. A big man has more than big muscles and big fists.
Old 02 February 2007, 04:17 PM
TAINTON
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE]
[QUOTE]

Accident waiting to happen.......lets prey it doesn't involve anyone else

Last edited by TAINTON; 02 February 2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 02 February 2007, 04:22 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could have told him you where testing your car and doing a recce for the New Brighton rally....not sure he'd have seen the funny side though
Old 02 February 2007, 04:27 PM
micared-prodrive
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blueblaster
Priceless. So you deliberately sped past a lone policeman knowing that he would give chase and pull you over. When he did you get out of the car and lug your huge menacing frame over to him and then proceed to intimidate him further by bestowing on him your full knowledge of the loopholes in the law. I bet that made you feel really big and powerful didn't it? My comment about you had nothing to do with your physical stature, but the way you present yourself to other people. You have portrayed yourself as a big know-it-all bully.

I bet no one ever tells you anything negative about you. I bet they are too scared. In this instance being a keyboard warrior is maybe just the sort of opponent you need as your physical prowess carries no weight. A big man has more than big muscles and big fists.
mmm.....your attempt at physiognomies(the art of judging character)is very limited,you have in your mind alone summed me up to be a thug,lol,boxing teaches self control and understanding,doorwork doesnt make a person a thug,it teaches us to read people and events,we protect the public who visit are premises so they may have a good time and enjoy there evenings.as a special constable my time was given for free to once again help and protect the public.at 16 i joined the junior army,by 18 i was a regular soldier,posted to the province while lots of other people of my age where enjoying there teens...your personal comments about me are rather sad,were you a wannabe police officer? did you fell the entrance test?you seem unhappy in your life and as such have to turn your anger against me,you have issues and maybe need to see your gp.........ps,this thug is running the bristol half marathon for charity shortly and all proceeds to the british heart foundation........BURNING QUESTION...WHAT CAR DO YOU DRIVE? PMSL
Old 02 February 2007, 04:37 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Pity there aren't more coppers in cars, and less speed cams.

Alcazar
Old 02 February 2007, 04:42 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

MP - you may know what to say, but your 8 years as a special should also have taught you that the police car does not need to have a calibrated speedo or anything else for that matter. It can come down to whether he thinks that you were speeding and then it is simply your word against his in court. Admittedly, this is going to be a PITA for him, but if he did decide to take it to court - who do you think they would believe? ....
Old 02 February 2007, 04:45 PM
Pudders69
Scooby Regular

he was doing you no favours,
Think you'll find he was

dont punish safe speeders,punish twockers!!!! nuff said
Safe.....Speeders......no don't get the punch line there fella.
Old 02 February 2007, 04:47 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Quote:
erm im a doorman now hardly a weed of a man,ive boxed for the army for 6 years,i still box now and also coach young boys

You'll be telling us you're a cage fighter next!
Old 02 February 2007, 04:51 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Sounds like the only thing this ***** got right is the thread title
Old 02 February 2007, 04:54 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

pmsl...erm im a doorman now hardly a weed of a man,ive boxed for the army for 6 years,i still box now and also groom young boys,please no personal comments,it simply shows your lack of maturity and i do find KEYBOARED WARRIORS EXTREMELY FUNNY
Old 02 February 2007, 04:57 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't know about you but i'm scared
Old 02 February 2007, 04:58 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

mmm.....your attempt at physiognomies(the art of judging character)is very limited,you have in your mind alone summed me up to be a thug,lol,boxing teaches self control and understanding,doorwork doesnt make a person a thug,it teaches us to read people and events,we protect the public who visit are premises so they may have a good time and enjoy there evenings.as a special constable my time was given for free to once again help and protect the public.at 16 i joined the junior army,by 18 i was a regular soldier,posted to the province while lots of other people of my age where enjoying there teens...your personal comments about me are rather sad,were you a wannabe police officer? did you fell the entrance test?you seem unhappy in your life and as such have to turn your anger against me,you have issues and maybe need to see your gp.........ps,this thug is running the bristol half marathon for charity shortly and all proceeds to the british heart foundation........BURNING QUESTION...WHAT CAR DO YOU DRIVE? PMSL
You just can't see what you are doing can you? You say boxing teaches you self control. How about you control your speed? Then you wouldn't have to intimidate lone policemen. It seems that just because you teach the noble art of boxing and throw people out of night clubs you feel that you have built enough law-abiding credits to allow you to totally ignore the law in other areas.

And for the record I am a very happy and extremely successful young man. I never wanted to be a policeman, although I did consider the fast track scheme while I was at university. I now drive a top of the range Civic diesel. Before that I had a MY05 STI and a Civic Type R. What my car has to do with this I don't know. I buy the car that I want so please don't try and drag this conversation down the "you can't afford a performance car" road as it is a dead end.

So far your postings on this thread have consisted of saying that you drive as fast as you like when you like because you know you can avoid punishment. Policemen should be catching real criminals instead of those who regularly obliterate the speed limt and put everyone's lives at risk. And now you are trying to justify it all by telling me that you are some higher being that can read people, use self control and does charity work. I have no doubt that on many levels you are a good person, but behind the wheel you are not. How about you try and dedicate the same amount of self control and discipline to driving that you show in other things that you do?

Quick Reply: I'm an idiot !!