Syrups & Comb-overs

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2007, 02:00 PM
MiniShaz
Scooby Regular

Location: In the village where the 102 yr old woman still drives
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Syrups & Comb-overs

Just watching the news and there's a chap being interviewed who is obviously wearing a wig - his hair is grey around his ears but black, thick and wavy on top (he's elderly). I understand women wearing them due to alopecia (sp?) or drug treatments, but otherwise ...

Do you know anyone who wears a wig? And comb-overs - what's that all about? It blows horizontal like a windsock in the breeze and has to be pasted down with hairspray. It's obviously a comb-over so why why why???? Top example - Donald Trump. His is more of a comb-forward-then-flick-back affair. (Sorry don't know how to insert piccie - someone help pse)
Old 02 February 2007, 02:13 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

For your Combover needs: Combover.com - Your Online Source for the Beloved Combover.

Steve
Old 02 February 2007, 02:20 PM
monkeysan
Scooby Regular

there a guy at top of my street (Mr Chicken LOL) who wears a wig and i't looks ridiculous!

made a big thing about it DEFINATELY being his own hair despite not changing shape, style or colour for the past 15 years

i'm grey already (at 24) and have no problems with it
Old 02 February 2007, 02:40 PM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

I agree that if it looks ridiculous, then what's the point?!

BUT (going a bit off topic), it annoys me when women take the **** out of blokes who are losing their hair. I've just been on holiday with a few friends and one of my mates has this special shampoo which is meant to stop his hair falling out/thinning. Now, his hair's not too bad anyway - well maybe receding slightly and going a bit thin but still a decent head of hair at 27. Now, the 2 girls were taking the mickey out of him about the fact that he had this shampoo and the fact that he was making any sort of attempt to address something he obviously has a bit of an issue with. It's like they had the opinion "you're going to go bald and you're stupid if you try to do anything about it".

Now if the boot was on the other foot and lots of guys were taking the mickey out of a girl who was say, on diet pills, and we "said you're heavily set anyway, what's the point - deal with it" - then she would be on anti-depressants and in therapy before you could say "weight watchers"!

I just think it's a bit unfair that it seems acceptable to laugh at any blokes suffering from any sort of hair loss.

Jamie
PS. No, I'm NOT going bald!
well, maybe receding VERY slightly.
Old 02 February 2007, 02:40 PM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

Classic memory - in my old company, there was a guy who was like Mr Medallion - he had a big chain round his neck, drove a Supra and had a comb-over. We reckoned he was between 55 and 60, but he would always say he was in his 40's. It was combed from the back up and over the top

Anyway, one day we had a fire drill and it happened to be quite windy - we're all standing outside annd the wind kept lifting his hair up and down - he looked like a teapot!

I laughed so much, I nearly soiled myself
Old 02 February 2007, 06:52 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

You have to feel slightly sorry though for any bloke in his 20's with obvious signs of going bald. Personally i like having hair.
Old 02 February 2007, 06:56 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
Personally i like having hair.
What, even between your toes??

Old 02 February 2007, 06:59 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks 23
Classic memory - in my old company, there was a guy who was like Mr Medallion - he had a big chain round his neck, drove a Supra and had a comb-over. We reckoned he was between 55 and 60, but he would always say he was in his 40's. It was combed from the back up and over the top

Anyway, one day we had a fire drill and it happened to be quite windy - we're all standing outside annd the wind kept lifting his hair up and down - he looked like a teapot!

I am not mocking bald men here, but this cracked me up
Old 02 February 2007, 07:00 PM
DeltaBravo 9
Scooby Regular

the donald trump thing is hilarious ! you're fooling no one mate , get it shaved off
Old 02 February 2007, 07:15 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

I used to work with a bloke with a syrup, strangely enough his nickname was 'wiggy'. Big tall nasty piece of work.

There was another guy we used to do work for whose nickname was 'wiggers'...short for Wigfield...

If the name wiggers got mentioned in the office, wiggy's ears used to ***** up like a spaniel's after a gunshot

Funniest thing I ever saw was one day on site. Wiggy's syrup was the immovable object. In high winds the fringe section would flap about like a badly tied tarpaulin, but it never revealed the scalp

Until one day...

I used to work with generators, and in most engine rooms there would be a 'fire wire'...a stainless steel wire rope about 1.5mm in diameter that would run across the engines at low level with links that would break in the event of an engine fire...the wire was taught and ran all around the room on pulleys to control weighted fuel valves...usually about 6ft from the floor..

I turned round one day to much cursing from wiggy to see him reversing from a horizontal section of the stainless wire that had just scalped him, he was reversing away from it pushing the syrup back down onto his head that the wire had just ripped off

Another yarn about him came from a guy that worked with him in his previous job, wiggy got an offside puncture one day on the motrorway, and as he was changing the wheel a wagon howled past and the turbulence lifted the syrup clean off his head and down the hard shoulder

and why are they usually an off-ginger colour?
Old 02 February 2007, 07:55 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hides the dirt mybe possibly....

bloke i used work for sometimes /sail with , owns a tiling co., had one -a pretty good one id say but **** just a minuet im pretty sure theres some abnormal coloring going on here - you didnt like to say owt tho...
Old 02 February 2007, 07:57 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dpb
Hides the dirt mybe possibly....

bloke i used work for sometimes /sail with , owns a tiling co., had one -a pretty good one id say but **** just a minuet im pretty sure theres some abnormal coloring going on here - you didnt like to say owt tho...
i thought you would have got one by now, must be cold in the winter in Brighton
Old 02 February 2007, 08:03 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

ill wear a hat thanks its a bit cheaper...
Old 02 February 2007, 08:11 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dpb
ill wear a hat thanks its a bit cheaper...
whatever floats your boat
Old 02 February 2007, 08:48 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Never been a fan of the comb over, worked with a few of them and asked them why they did it... funny enough, non of them could really say... does it affect them that much....

I was receeding at 16, and by the time i was mid 20's had good signs of male pattern baldness and was limited to a flattop ... by 30 i had it down to a grade 3 by 40 its now on straight clippers. Whats the point, if you havnt got it it aint going to grow back. and the next step will be to bic it, thats if nature doent clear the rest of it out first

Mart
Old 02 February 2007, 11:21 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

If the name wiggers got mentioned in the office, wiggy's ears used to ***** up like a spaniel's after a gunshot

Funniest thing I ever saw was one day on site. Wiggy's syrup was the immovable object. In high winds the fringe section would flap about like a badly tied tarpaulin, but it never revealed the scalp

Until one day...

I used to work with generators, and in most engine rooms there would be a 'fire wire'...a stainless steel wire rope about 1.5mm in diameter that would run across the engines at low level with links that would break in the event of an engine fire...the wire was taught and ran all around the room on pulleys to control weighted fuel valves...usually about 6ft from the floor..

I turned round one day to much cursing from wiggy to see him reversing from a horizontal section of the stainless wire that had just scalped him, he was reversing away from it pushing the syrup back down onto his head that the wire had just ripped off

Another yarn about him came from a guy that worked with him in his previous job, wiggy got an offside puncture one day on the motrorway, and as he was changing the wheel a wagon howled past and the turbulence lifted the syrup clean off his head and down the hard shoulder.
Old 02 February 2007, 11:56 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Perfect example
Old 03 February 2007, 10:39 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Thats Rab c nesbit ,right.?...
Old 03 February 2007, 11:05 AM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

No, Gregor Fisher.
Old 03 February 2007, 11:28 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Or is it own very own wanna be Dundee milllionaire 101 ..
Old 03 February 2007, 11:41 AM
Sexy Scots Lass
Scooby Regular

Nothing wrong with being bald, I find some bald men quite attractive. Obviously not the ones with comb overs though
Old 03 February 2007, 12:40 PM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks 23

FPMSL

I've followed in the hereditary way with baldness, Grandad, Dad, now me. Hairdresser told me i was going bald when i was 21, that was it, shaved to a number 1. Now i just bic it every other day and have done with it, no poncy combovers or wigs for me.

If i havent bic'd for more than two days i feel like a tree hugging hippy.
Old 03 February 2007, 12:46 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

^I wondered when old 'desert head' would show up .
Old 03 February 2007, 12:47 PM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

^^ Stalker
Old 03 February 2007, 12:47 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

^Slaphead
Old 03 February 2007, 12:49 PM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

the women love it
Old 03 February 2007, 01:37 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It happens-why worry!

Les
Old 03 February 2007, 04:04 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by lpski1
FPMSL

I've followed in the hereditary way with baldness, Grandad, Dad, now me. Hairdresser told me i was going bald when i was 21, that was it, shaved to a number 1. Now i just bic it every other day and have done with it, no poncy combovers or wigs for me.

If i havent bic'd for more than two days i feel like a tree hugging hippy.

You've got a nice egg shaped head tho' Lee
Old 03 February 2007, 04:29 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

The one's that get me are the ones that are bold on top and grow it really long/bushy around the side's and leave it so it looks like an egg in a nest.
Old 14 August 2007, 02:29 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Just to show you how it can be done: YouTube - comb-over expert

I've been practicing

Steve

Quick Reply: Syrups & Comb-overs