Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

New Series of "Teachers" on TV??

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2007, 09:47 AM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Series of "Teachers" on TV??

Don't know if there's any fans of Teachers out there? Personally, I think it's one of the funniest programmes I've ever seen!

Anyway, was channel hopping last night and Trouble (I'm on NTL) said they were shortly starting the 'new' series. Whilst the first 3 series were fab, I didn't watch the 4th as Kurt, Brian, Jenny and all the decent characters had gone but the adverts for the 'new' series had them in it.

I can't get into Trouble's website (Trouble TV) cos it's banned at work - can someone check it out for me ansd let me know if it is a 'new' series, or whether it's just a repeat series that is new to the channel.

Thanks
Old 02 February 2007, 10:11 AM
room 512
Scooby Regular

Repeats mate:-

This hugely popular comedy-drama series comes new to Trouble this month, after its critically- acclaimed run on terrestrial telly. Criticised as controversial yet praised for its realism in equal measure, this unique UK series is hugely entertaining.

The show’s central character, feckless English teacher Simon (Andrew Lincoln), spends most of his time goofing off with his colleagues Kurt (Navin Chowdhry) and Brian (Adrian Bower) instead of concentrating on more pressing professional matters at hand. No more mature than most of the pupils they teach at Bristol- based Summerdown Comprehensive, and just as desperate to seem cool to their peers, when the teachers aren’t discussing their dismal love lives or compiling sex wish-lists, they’re normally to be found smoking in the toilets or sneaking off to the pub.

Combining compelling character-driven storylines with risqué humour and blunt one-liners, and throwing surreal touches and a Britpop soundtrack into the mix, Teachers gives viewers an insight into what life for school staff members can be like beyond the classroom: full of in- fighting, bad behaviour, illicit relationships and dishonesty.
Old 02 February 2007, 10:30 AM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

Thanks for checking
Old 02 February 2007, 10:33 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

I used to like watching that, the background, with some of the surreal things the kids were doing, all unnoticed by the staff, used to amuse me.

Alcazar
Old 02 February 2007, 10:51 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

My sister was a location/unit manager on it for ages and I met the whole cast in Bristol a while back - Top people.
Old 02 February 2007, 11:38 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Agree SS23, S1,2,3 were ace and it started to wane a little although I think its biggest loss was Andrew Lincoln who was just superb in it.
Old 02 February 2007, 01:14 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GaryK
Agree SS23, S1,2,3 were ace and it started to wane a little although I think its biggest loss was Andrew Lincoln who was just superb in it.
Agreed. It went down hill after he left.