Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Has anyone got a Moben Kitchen ?

Search this Thread

Old 01 February 2007, 10:33 PM
Col Stone
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Has anyone got a Moben Kitchen ?

My wife has just gone and bought a Moben kitchen in the sales. We have had the design and survey done which seemed good but will the work quality be good? I don't really like going with big companies but do any of you have experience of Moben.
Cheers Col.
Old 01 February 2007, 10:39 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Had a quote last w/e (11k ) decided to go to b an q - well im not paying...

looked the bizz tho
Old 01 February 2007, 10:39 PM
kbsub
Scooby Regular

Google > Moben .............
Old 01 February 2007, 10:44 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Well im glad i went for the cheaper chipboard experts...
Old 01 February 2007, 10:58 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

They do have a repuation, was on watchdog a few years back.
Old 01 February 2007, 11:47 PM
falkster
Scooby Regular

Ive had a Moben in two of my houses now and as long as you get them in the sales and haggle a bit more they are well worth it.

Good quality kitchens that are project managed by someone else so once youve paid the brass there are now hassles
Old 02 February 2007, 08:51 AM
Bateman
Scooby Regular

I went to these people, betta living (country kitchens)
Fitted Kitchens | Betta Living - Bespoke designer kitchens, bedrooms and home office

My kitchen is very nice and quality wood, the appliances are great and the guys that fitted it did a great job. The issues was the after service care, the are f#cking sh#t they installed my dishwasher and it didnt work, they then told, nothing we can do. call the companies engineer. It got to the point of me sugesting to them that I would go down to the lakeside (local to me) store and tell everyone potential customer how crap they are.
They soon came out

Last edited by Bateman; 02 February 2007 at 11:02 AM. Reason: because my spelling is rcap
Old 02 February 2007, 10:07 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

I visited moben and thought it no better than homebase, B&Q and wicks etc.

In the end I went to a local guy who designed and fitted it himself. Pre assebmled units and got a few unique sized doors to cover things up...325mm doors! You dont get that from homebase, wicks etc.

He also did the flooring, knocked walls down, did the ceiling and arranged the electrics and lighting.

Sourced the appliences seperately.

Got some ideas from here, although couldn't afford either.:

Porcelanosa UK - Contemporary Bathroom Products

and here:

Keller europe
Old 02 February 2007, 11:00 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wouldn't touch with a very long pole, cancelled mine after no end of grief, useless company. That goes for Dolphin Bathrooms too, useless!!!
Old 02 February 2007, 12:19 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to work for Betta Bedrooms (now Betta Living), not for long but it was good quality gear.

I seem to remember they made most of their money on the finance rather than the furniture.
Old 02 February 2007, 12:25 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, we have had a Keller Kitchen for 10 years or so.

Its falling to bits and is about to get replaced, the caracases are basically ok and it has had a fairly hard life but we expected better, the doors de-laminated themselves when near anywhere hot, the worktops are disintegrating, fridge door hinges are falling apart.

I can forgive it some battle scars after ten years, there are a few too many for my liking but we have asked Keller several times to come and quote to freshen it up, perhaps some new doors, worktops and appliances and they have faithfully promised on three occasions to come and quote/take a look and then NOT TURNED UP which really pisses me off, quality of the kitchen is one matter but I take the not turning up personally, we re-arrange things to be in for the appointment and they dont have the decency to call to say they cannot make it, so instead of spending two grand to patch it up I am going to rip it all out and start again, the missus is favouring Magnet at the moment.
Old 02 February 2007, 12:35 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

B&Q for me next time. A good fitter can make a budget kitchen look amazing. Quality kitchens fitted by a numpty sub contractor can look very bad indeed.
Old 02 February 2007, 01:05 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by falkster
Ive had a Moben in two of my houses now and as long as you get them in the sales and haggle a bit more they are well worth it.

Good quality kitchens that are project managed by someone else so once youve paid the brass there are now hassles
freudian slip if ever i saw one...
Old 02 February 2007, 02:47 PM
Chrisgr31
Scooby Regular

Personally I'd get designs and prices from the local Magnet, MFI etc decide on the features you like and then speak to a couple of recommended local fitters and see what they can do.

Incidentially I have only heard bad reports about Moben but then thats only on TV or online. They have been around years and must be doing something right.
Old 02 February 2007, 04:58 PM
al4x1
Scooby Regular

Personally I'd not touch them with a very long bargepole,
My other half took up their offer at the time for a free consultation and kitchen design and quote. This was a few years ago when we'd got a 2 bed semi with a 10ft by 6 foot kitchen. The guy comes out pleasant as anything designs it etc gives us the 50% off deal and all the appliances for £500 then said that will be 9K if you sign now, bearing in mind that still left us all the tiling etc to do I said no way. He then tried to sell us finance on it on the basis that if we had any complaints with the fitting then the finance company would cover it!
It took a further hour to get him out of the door having listened to him whine on about wasting his time etc to make matters worse we were then on their telesales list and received so many calls it was unbelievable.
Old 02 February 2007, 05:04 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

We use Avanti Kitchens, but obviously that depends if there is one near your neck of the woods.

Well, tell a lie, we use their trade side (Domani), but have used their contract fitters to do the work (quicker and easier).
Old 02 February 2007, 05:09 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Working with Magnet at the moment. Great quality and super service. I actually enjoyed the buying experience.