Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How dangerous are feet?

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2007, 11:47 AM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How dangerous are feet?

and should the Government be sending out some sort of warning to parents who have kids with feet?

The reason I ask, is this morning GMTV broadcast the terrifying story of a young boy who was or was not (they arent sure) going along the sidewalk in a pair of those heelie trainers with wheels on, and went into the road and was knocked down.

They went on to interview an "expert" on these heelie trainers (he was a creepy looking 40 year old man who really shouldnt have had wheels on his shoes, and at no point did they mention any official qualifications he may have recieved from the University of Heelies that might qualify him as an expert, but still...), who did indicate that should someone happen to go wheelieing across the M1 at rush hour they could be in danger. I for one am outraged!! and have called GMTV to support their "ban trainers with wheels on them" campaign.

Now, as a modern Britain man, I of course immediately went out and panic bought water and boxes of cup-a-soup, and filled the car with petrol, before sitting locked in my new build house pondering what other dangers could be lying out there just waiting for me to venture outside.

It was during this time I happened upon a terrifying reality. If a kid wearing trainers with wheels on could enter a busy road and get knocked down, then someone on a bike could do the same!! even skateboarders arent safe!! and rollerskates? oh god, dont even mention the rollerskates. I demand to know why this Government hasnt banned these things?! People could get hurt!!

The most frightening thing is, I heard people, especially kids, have been seen running. I mean, if they can run using feet, then there is a possibility they could run straight out into a busy road without looking and get knocked over, and for this reason I want to start a campaign to highlight the dangers of feet on modern British children. I am hoping for Government (and GMTV) support, and if we get our way, children everywhere will have their feet removed to prevent any chance of an accident occuring.

I know for a fact when I was a kid we didnt have these new fangled roller shoes, bicycles, feet, and so on, we lived in a giant cotton wool house (fireproof of course), and we followed the Governments moto of "save us from ourselves" though I must admit cutting the non GM modified bread with a marshmallow knife was a real hardship.
Old 31 January 2007, 11:48 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

It's time to start the music...
Old 31 January 2007, 11:56 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by SideShowBob
and if we get our way, children everywhere will have their feet removed to prevent any chance of an accident occuring.
Then they can have a wheelchair to get around in. Oh that doesnt quite work does it
Old 31 January 2007, 12:03 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Fantastic post... I have asked for the afternoon off work so I can get back to the safety of my home before the kids come out of school and run / skid in front of my car in a lemmingesque mass wheelie suicide...

I think someone should start one of those oh so serious on line petitions to ban kids with feet... Where do I sign?

Old 31 January 2007, 12:11 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

and should the Government be sending out some sort of warning to parents who have kids with feet?

The reason I ask, is this morning GMTV broadcast the terrifying story of a young boy who was or was not (they arent sure) going along the sidewalk in a pair of those heelie trainers with wheels on, and went into the road and was knocked down.

They went on to interview an "expert" on these heelie trainers (he was a creepy looking 40 year old man who really shouldnt have had wheels on his shoes, and at no point did they mention any official qualifications he may have recieved from the University of Heelies that might qualify him as an expert, but still...), who did indicate that should someone happen to go wheelieing across the M1 at rush hour they could be in danger. I for one am outraged!! and have called GMTV to support their "ban trainers with wheels on them" campaign.

Now, as a modern Britain man, I of course immediately went out and panic bought water and boxes of cup-a-soup, and filled the car with petrol, before sitting locked in my new build house pondering what other dangers could be lying out there just waiting for me to venture outside.

It was during this time I happened upon a terrifying reality. If a kid wearing trainers with wheels on could enter a busy road and get knocked down, then someone on a bike could do the same!! even skateboarders arent safe!! and rollerskates? oh god, dont even mention the rollerskates. I demand to know why this Government hasnt banned these things?! People could get hurt!!

The most frightening thing is, I heard people, especially kids, have been seen running. I mean, if they can run using feet, then there is a possibility they could run straight out into a busy road without looking and get knocked over, and for this reason I want to start a campaign to highlight the dangers of feet on modern British children. I am hoping for Government (and GMTV) support, and if we get our way, children everywhere will have their feet removed to prevent any chance of an accident occuring.

I know for a fact when I was a kid we didnt have these new fangled roller shoes, bicycles, feet, and so on, we lived in a giant cotton wool house (fireproof of course), and we followed the Governments moto of "save us from ourselves" though I must admit cutting the non GM modified bread with a marshmallow knife was a real hardship.
Good post - LOL
Old 31 January 2007, 01:41 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

STEP AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER

(Have you any idea how juch electromagnetism that thing's giving off....??!!!)
Old 31 January 2007, 01:54 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

It's easy to be facetious, but the problem us the casual use of these thing that places children in situations they normally wouldn't be in and perhaps not as aware of what they are doing.

There is definitely more awareness and concentration required when rollerblading or biking, whereas these are capable of being worn all the time.
Old 31 January 2007, 02:06 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

^^^ Jesus!
Old 31 January 2007, 02:10 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Surely putting a tax on feet would be the answer?
Old 31 January 2007, 02:15 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
It's easy to be facetious, but the problem us the casual use of these thing that places children in situations they normally wouldn't be in and perhaps not as aware of what they are doing.

There is definitely more awareness and concentration required when rollerblading or biking, whereas these are capable of being worn all the time.

Wait a minute, that's exactly what the heelie expert said!! you arent a creepy looking 40 year old are you?

But seriously, I dont believe having small wheels on your trainers involves a much higher degree of concentration than picking your nose (I have proven this fact), they arent really any faster than walking, and if nature has chosen to evolve trainers to have wheels to weed out the stupid, then who are we to argue.
Old 31 January 2007, 02:16 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB.T
Surely putting a tax on feet would be the answer?
Lol, they could charge by the mile.
Old 31 January 2007, 02:17 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

I disagree with the nanny state, but unfortunately many parents don't take care of kids anymore so they have to be protected.
Old 31 January 2007, 02:22 PM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

They'll be a tv show about them soon - Chortle and the Heelies

*gets coat*
Old 31 January 2007, 02:24 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. I can only assume by the fact you have the intelligence to read that you are.
Old 31 January 2007, 02:26 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

But how far do you go? do you take over the raising of the kids yourself? at some stage you have to say its up to the laws of life and death, you do something stupid, you face consequences.

Kids/people would soon start taking responsibility for their own safety after a few of the dumbest and slowest are lost. Nature has the perfect built in population control feature that we have dismantled with rediculous laws to protect us from ourselves.

If someone climbs up a 60 foot ladder without making sure its properly supported and takes a big fall, they shouldnt go to injurylayers4u, they should go to a class on the basics of gravity. If someone chooses not to wear a seat belt and visits the windscreen at 70MPh, well, they'll wear it next time.

I know kids need to be protected to a degree, but if you go too far the other way (as we as a country have done), you remove or dilute the basic survival instinct, and end up with a bnch of zombies who believe they have the right not to think about the consequences of anything because they know the government would never let their own stupidity harm them, and that's even worse.
Old 31 January 2007, 02:27 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

As long as feet are recyclable and taxable, the government and the less intelligent public will be ok...
Old 31 January 2007, 02:29 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

Thinning of the crop.. Bring back the 11+, but rather than comprehensive school just cull the ones that fail.
Old 31 January 2007, 02:50 PM
Sport160
Scooby Regular

Its amazing what you see though.

The other day I had a kid on skateboard trying to jump a wall and land on the pavement the otherside (pavement about 3 feet wide) before ending up in middle of busy road, as predicted he failed to stop and ended up on his **** in the road.

On sat afternoon there were kids with parents heelieing (thats not a real word is it?) in the middle of a busy shopping centre car park, young kids as well 5 maybe 6 years old, parent taking no notice at all, pondlife who would be the first to kick off if said child was knocked over.
Old 31 January 2007, 04:47 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
It's time to start the music...
...it's time to light the lights,...
Old 31 January 2007, 04:55 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Sorry but literally, PMSL!
Old 31 January 2007, 04:57 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
Literally? Eww.
Old 31 January 2007, 05:10 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

One of the funniest things i've read on here in a while this thread. Brilliant
Old 31 January 2007, 05:24 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Actually, cutting feet off at birth could be the way forward!

Heelieing might be a path to further crimes, much like smoking leads to drinking, drugs etc! One minute they're harmless fun the next they're being used as a means of getaway from a crime scene! This can only lead to bigger raids, just you wait for the first Heelie bank job!

Also, feet get hot and smelly, this must be a factor in global warming!

No feet, no crime and no global warming!
Old 31 January 2007, 05:31 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
That's disgusting
Old 31 January 2007, 09:34 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

What's a sidewalk?
Old 31 January 2007, 09:44 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Bubba po
What's a sidewalk?
Yes I was thinking that meself.
Old 31 January 2007, 10:11 PM
Nido
Scooby Regular

SideShowBob - Not a Daily Mail reader by any chance are you?
Old 31 January 2007, 10:35 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Be quiet you numptie.
Old 31 January 2007, 10:36 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Old 31 January 2007, 10:38 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

But how far do you go? do you take over the raising of the kids yourself? at some stage you have to say its up to the laws of life and death, you do something stupid, you face consequences.

Kids/people would soon start taking responsibility for their own safety after a few of the dumbest and slowest are lost. Nature has the perfect built in population control feature that we have dismantled with rediculous laws to protect us from ourselves.

If someone climbs up a 60 foot ladder without making sure its properly supported and takes a big fall, they shouldnt go to injurylayers4u, they should go to a class on the basics of gravity. If someone chooses not to wear a seat belt and visits the windscreen at 70MPh, well, they'll wear it next time.

I know kids need to be protected to a degree, but if you go too far the other way (as we as a country have done), you remove or dilute the basic survival instinct, and end up with a bnch of zombies who believe they have the right not to think about the consequences of anything because they know the government would never let their own stupidity harm them, and that's even worse.
You're bloomin' great, you are. Fancy standing at the next election?

Quick Reply: How dangerous are feet?