Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

credit card scam beware

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2007, 01:03 PM
griffinz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default credit card scam beware

just read this on my local scooby site forum and thought i'd pass it on, the guy who posted it is a genuine bloke, he's a firefighter based in Surrey.
Maybe it's only in and around London that this is happening... but you can never be too sure!!!!!

I recieved a call from my credit card company today checking up on some recent card activity (card transactions)

1) Primark - Friday
2)Tesco - Sunday
3)Muslim Aid Charity - Monday

Following the 2 genuine transaction Primark and Tesco the third transaction occurred. It was £1 donation to the Muslim Aid Charity located in London E1.

At one of the above shops my wives's card had been skimmed (the card number and security number taken/copied)

The idea is they only take a small donation hoping you won't notice it on your bill.

When I questioned my credit card fraud department about this transaction he said we believe it may be a "Fraud Charity " set up to fund terrorism.

It struck me that if they was investigating my transaction for the grand sum of a £1 donation there must be more to this than is first apparent.

I did find it strange that when I contacted both shops one of them checked their records while I was on the phone and could tell exactly who was the cashier and said they would report this to senior management.
The other shop that happened to have an Asian cashier and and manager said " it's upto the credit card company to worry about this not the shop"

Check your statements!

This is not hear say or rumor, I have been dealing with this today!
Old 24 January 2007, 01:14 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I'd happily give them more than a pound........

As long as they used it to buy a plane ticket back to their beloved fatherland. Taking the rest of the family with them. Racist me? Never
Old 24 January 2007, 01:26 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stilover
I'd happily give them more than a pound........

As long as they used it to buy a plane ticket back to their beloved fatherland. Taking the rest of the family with them. Racist me? Never
Old 24 January 2007, 01:35 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Credit Card Skimming isn't new ... and thats all that has happened here
Old 24 January 2007, 01:42 PM
harry007
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by griffinz
When I questioned my credit card fraud department about this transaction he said we believe it may be a "Fraud Charity " set up to fund terrorism.
get a life
Old 24 January 2007, 02:10 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

go back with a bat and find out who done it

i doubt it would of been tesco's though, too big of a rep
Old 24 January 2007, 02:10 PM
weslad
Scooby Regular

i think in the statement above , although its just cc skimming his point was that at 2 of the locations where the cc was used it could be checked who was serving or there at the time , but when he rang the shop with an asian they basically brushed it off and couldn,t give a toss , im in no way racist but i have to admit the only 2 times ive try,d to have been had off was asians , once was a taxi driver who i gave some money to up front one new years eve , i asked him he could stop just for a moment while i had a **** and although i left the door open he just pissed off although i got him back as the daft git did a uturn 100m away and came flying back past me (1 garden brick later) i recon i got my money back on account of the back window on the taxi lol , another time , another taxi , i dropped my card in a black cab , only realized the next morning , rang the cc company , guess what its been used filling up diesel about 30 mins after i got out , never heard anything back , i even went up to the garage where it was used , you guessed it asian staff ......i live near oldham and although i have a few mates who are indian even they say that most of the younger asian lads in the community are dodgy baxtards who are up to alsorts.........its these type of lads that are the reason people like the bnp are gaining size and strengh......there also bloody racist on account of the ammount of time ive been called a white cxxt...........

Trending Topics

Old 24 January 2007, 03:55 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

theres a car for sale in my local paper and in the add it states no dealers and no asians

pmsl

bloody right too fookin nightmare trying to sell to one or by from, i just slam the phone down on them now, and before you say thats out of order its what they do to me when they call they ask a few Qs try to bid me loads over phone then without even saying bye just hang up, even done it to my wife a couple times, fookin paki coonts
Old 24 January 2007, 04:07 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by apples24
fookin paki coonts

Your not going to get away with that are you?
Old 24 January 2007, 04:21 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Looks like a test transaction to see if it all works before they hit for the big sting.
Old 24 January 2007, 05:02 PM
wiltshire_boy
Scooby Regular

The wifes card got skimmed for a £5 donation to Muslim Aid at christmas - but they also tried to order a £1500 telly!

Got it all refunded but apparently they couldn't give us any information about where or who because of the Data protection Act. Madness!