Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Direct debit problem - set up, but company not taking money

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2007, 12:38 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Direct debit problem - set up, but company not taking money

As title really. Bit miffed that the a Direct Debit was set up, all ok from our side, but our ISP hasn't been taking the money.

They've now hit us with a rather large bill, that I'm not prepared to pay in full. After all, it's not OUR fault that they haven't been taking the funds.

Any ideas where I stand in -

1. Getting a reduction in outstanding amount due to ISP incompetance
2. In the event of having to pay the full amount back, being able to split the outstanding amount over our monthly direct debit?

At a push, I will pay the entire amount, but I'm not happy about it.

Any suggestions?

Dan
Old 16 January 2007, 02:22 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Virgin did that to us. Set up the DDM. Took them four months to take the first payment and took it all at once.

To add insult to injury, when I migrated the cheeky ******* carried on taking my subscription for five months. Not sure who I got most angry with, Virgin for doing it or Halifax (my bank) for completely washing their hands of any interest in helping me sort it out.

DDM guarantee states if the company taking the money makes a mistake, your bank will refund you - yeah ok!
Old 16 January 2007, 03:06 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

yeh - in al fairness to Pipex, Wifey has just spoken to them, and they've been pretty good.

They've had major problems with the DDM setup (we're not the only ones they've screwed up!)

We've told them that we're not happy, and I can email customer services later to discuss any "issues", such as compensation and a suitable method of repaying

Not the perfect solution, but we'll see

Dan
Old 16 January 2007, 03:53 PM
TDT
Scooby Regular

Just had a row with BT about the same issue. Phone bill set up to be paid on DD coz I'm crap and remembering things like that. Checked bill on line and nearly fell off my chair. Turns out they didn't take money for the last bill, so in effect I've got 2 phone bills to pay at the same time.

After speaking to a load of people in Bombay, got hold of a bloke in Cardiff who said their system has a gremlin in it, and if you order anything in the period between the bill being generated and payment being taken the system stops the payment cycle.

Just what I need in January!
Old 16 January 2007, 08:17 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

I had the same with our loan,

turns out the provider, forgot to retstart taking the dd, so the account started to accrue a huge deficit. when they finally contacyed me, and they asked why it wasnt paid, i simply told them you havnt taken it...

then to really **** it up, they tried to take the money from the wrong account...

sorted now, but a pain in the a**

Tiscali did the same, told me i hadnt payed,

so i checked with the bank... no dd called that month, so i spoke to tiscali, and they said the payment was refused.. (bullsh*t) so they tried again and oh look it went straight through... call centres, dont you just love them!!!

mart