Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

John Prescott...........i salute you sir.

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2007, 10:31 AM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow John Prescott...........i salute you sir.

BBC NEWS | Politics | Saddam death scenes 'deplorable'

Well said Mr Prescott.

Old 02 January 2007, 10:38 AM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Why is it well said? So another Labour hypocrite can get a newsworthy soundbite?

The Iraqis finally got to do what the Iraqi people, given the chance, would have done about 30 seconds after getting their hands on Saddam. The insults and ridicule may have been in bad taste but they hopefully illustrate that Iraq may now be able to move on and put Saddam and the Ba'ath party behind them once and for all. Whether the future is better or worse for them is a matter for conjecture, but 2 Jags has added his usual contribution to things - nothing useful whatsoever.

SB
Old 02 January 2007, 10:45 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Prescott - make yourself useful for once in your life and demand the immediate withdrawal of troops from Iraq, rather than plodding on like the attention-grabbing, no-mark excuse for an international "politician" you always have been.
Old 02 January 2007, 10:46 AM
mark engers
BANNED

Originally Posted by Sbradley
The insults and ridicule may have been in bad taste but they hopefully illustrate that Iraq may now be able to move on and put Saddam and the Ba'ath party behind them once and for all.
I think it has become clear that the 'people' out there are nothing more than primitive, murderous animals. Their whole ethos is about using religion, riches and power to rationalise killing and maiming each other. Now the bloodthirsty rabble have killed the leader of the last bloodthirsty rabble. Le Roi est mort, vive le Roi.
Old 02 January 2007, 10:49 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Prescott - make yourself useful for once in your life and demand the immediate withdrawal of troops from Iraq, rather than plodding on like the attention-grabbing, no-mark excuse for an international "politician" you always have been.
Old 02 January 2007, 10:54 AM
auto scooby
Scooby Regular

Paul,

How are your curtains !!!!!!!!!
Old 02 January 2007, 11:09 AM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mark engers
I think it has become clear that the 'people' out there are nothing more than primitive, murderous animals. Their whole ethos is about using religion, riches and power to rationalise killing and maiming each other. Now the bloodthirsty rabble have killed the leader of the last bloodthirsty rabble. Le Roi est mort, vive le Roi.
Gosh, using religion, riches and power to rationalise otherwise unacceptable actions? Who'd have thought it? After all, that could never happen anywhere else, could it? Oh, apart from here, the US, France, Germany...

If you actually take the time to look, rather than jerking your knee, you'll see that the 'people' are actually pretty peaceful, relatively (for the Middle East) well educated and sophisticated in outlook and keen to simply move on. Maybe now they will. If we (and Iran) allow them to, of course.

SB

Trending Topics

Old 02 January 2007, 11:33 AM
filfy
Scooby Regular

Prescott is a tw@t and i should know as i live in East Hull were he is our MP and he has done nothing for the people of Hull.Would love to see him stand on the gallows with a noose around his neck the fat usless c**t
Old 02 January 2007, 11:34 AM
Curse of the Rushing Gimp
Scooby Regular

What a stupid thread tittle. You salute that fat b*stard for what exactly? Having an opinion? Well Done
Old 02 January 2007, 11:35 AM
N1gel 1970
Scooby Regular

Why is it well said? So another Labour hypocrite can get a newsworthy soundbite?
Prescott has been forced into saying something because of Blair's lack of response

Blair is no doubt wearing a white suite, black shirt open to the naval listening to Saturday Night Fever on his i-pod
Old 02 January 2007, 12:14 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Curse of the Rushing Gimp
What a stupid thread tittle. You salute that fat b*stard for what exactly? Having an opinion? Well Done
Well it got you reading it didn't it......
Old 02 January 2007, 12:42 PM
mark engers
BANNED

Gosh, using religion, riches and power to rationalise otherwise unacceptable actions? Who'd have thought it? After all, that could never happen anywhere else, could it? Oh, apart from here, the US, France, Germany...

If you actually take the time to look, rather than jerking your knee, you'll see that the 'people' are actually pretty peaceful, relatively (for the Middle East) well educated and sophisticated in outlook and keen to simply move on. Maybe now they will. If we (and Iran) allow them to, of course.

SB
Don't take that sarcastic tone with me you grubby little sympathiser. You know damn well what I mean. The inhabitants of much of the middle east are not peaceful, they are grasping vermin who seem completely unable to get past their primitive ways. They had a dictator who used to take them out into the desert to shoot them like dogs. And now we know why, the dictator is removed and they are behaving like dogs.... dogs that need to be shot.
Old 02 January 2007, 12:57 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I certainly cannot say that I regret SH's execution, he was an evil person and his truly awful actions to so many thousands of unfortunate people made his punishment well deserved.

Apart from poisoning a village with nerve gas, he would love to watch executions, and people were tortured in terrible ways, having their eyes gouged out etc. and some were executed by being fed feet first into a shredding machine! Bit like the Russian executions in the Kremlin by feeding live people into the central heating furnaces.

Do you really think a man responsible for such atrocities, and there were many more in that ilk, should deserve any kind of mercy? He was despatched in a humane manner compared with what he used to do to people.

Mark Engers,

Have you considered a career in the diplomatic service? Your specious insults do a lot to weaken your argument of course!

I know that it will create more violence from the factions in Iraq but maybe it will at least persuade other would be violent dictators that they are risking their own comeuppance, as indeed the Romanian leader found out.

It is hardly surprising that people were prepared to make their personal feelings known at his execution and our pretend leader would do well to wind his neck in!

Les

Last edited by Leslie; 02 January 2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02 January 2007, 01:04 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Les,

Fair points but I don't see Kim Jong-il or Mugabe or Omar al-Bashir quaking in their boots...
Old 02 January 2007, 01:28 PM
auto scooby
Scooby Regular

Still avoiding the curtain shame then Paul !!!!!!!!
Old 02 January 2007, 01:37 PM
mark engers
BANNED

Does anyone else remember the Galloway thread in which paulr was completely and utterly humiliated? I do.
Old 02 January 2007, 02:00 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by auto scooby
Still avoiding the curtain shame then Paul !!!!!!!!
Of course,wouldn't you...........

Old 02 January 2007, 02:01 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Talking

Does anyone else remember the Galloway thread in which paulr was completely and utterly humiliated? I do.
Remind me please,first i've heard of it.
Old 02 January 2007, 02:08 PM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Don't take that sarcastic tone with me you grubby little sympathiser. You know damn well what I mean. The inhabitants of much of the middle east are not peaceful, they are grasping vermin who seem completely unable to get past their primitive ways. They had a dictator who used to take them out into the desert to shoot them like dogs. And now we know why, the dictator is removed and they are behaving like dogs.... dogs that need to be shot.
Well there's nothing like calm, intelligent and well thought out comment. And that was indeed nothing like calm, intelligent and well thought out comment.

If you make purile knee-jerk comments dressed up as intelligent commentary then you should expect a degree of sarcasm. Especially when you so beuatifully demonstrate your debating skills by descending to insults even faster than most of the Scoobynet alter-ego trolls.

You imply that this sort of behaviour is an exclusively Arab problem. I suggest that this is fatuous. Look at the map and tell me that Yugoslavia (as was) is in the Middle East. Bosnians, Serbs, Croatians - they're as European as we are, but they cheerfully massacred each other after Tito died. How about Romania? It's European enough to be allowed into the EU but they danced in the streets after they butchered Ceausescu. How does that fit into your convoluted logic?

Now either come up with an intelligent and reasonable response or go crawl back under your stone and stop bothering those of us who can think for themselves.

SB
Old 02 January 2007, 02:09 PM
mark engers
BANNED

Originally Posted by paulr
Remind me please,first i've heard of it.
I can't be bothered to go into detail. For those that missed it you were outed as a liar and then went on to claim it was all just 'irony'. Priceless.
Old 02 January 2007, 02:15 PM
mark engers
BANNED

You imply that this sort of behaviour is an exclusively Arab problem. I suggest that this is fatuous. Look at the map and tell me that Yugoslavia (as was) is in the Middle East. Bosnians, Serbs, Croatians - they're as European as we are, but they cheerfully massacred each other after Tito died. How about Romania? It's European enough to be allowed into the EU but they danced in the streets after they butchered Ceausescu. How does that fit into your convoluted logic?
I'm not sure where you came up with the idea that what I said only applies to Arabs. I certainly made no such statement. In actual fact I count the inhabitants of the countries you cited above as murderous, backward scum too.
Old 02 January 2007, 02:32 PM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure where you came up with the idea that what I said only applies to Arabs. I certainly made no such statement. In actual fact I count the inhabitants of the countries you cited above as murderous, backward scum too.
Well you said, and I quote, "inhabitants of much of the the Middle East." That'll be Arabs, then. And you didn't refer to anyone else. So now you're retrofitting other countries into your big bucket of rabble.

How about the behaviour of the Russians after the fall of the Tsar?

The Spanish when Franco came to power?

The Italians when they despatched Mussolini (just 62 years ago)?

Maybe you ought to have a bit of a think before hitting that 'send' key. Or even better, before writing anything in the first place...

SB
Old 02 January 2007, 02:43 PM
mark engers
BANNED

Well you said, and I quote, "inhabitants of much of the the Middle East." That'll be Arabs, then. And you didn't refer to anyone else. So now you're retrofitting other countries into your big bucket of rabble.

How about the behaviour of the Russians after the fall of the Tsar?

The Spanish when Franco came to power?

The Italians when they despatched Mussolini (just 62 years ago)?

Maybe you ought to have a bit of a think before hitting that 'send' key. Or even better, before writing anything in the first place...

SB
This thread was about Iraq, hence my comments were tailored towards the middle east. Nowhere did I say the quality of being murderous scum was exclusive to rag heads. You plucked that condition out of thin air and I am pulling you up on it.

So you can stop thinking up European examples of murderous scum now because:

a) it isn't relevant in the slightest

and

b) I don't recognise Europe and want nothing to do with Johnny foreigner anyway

Old 02 January 2007, 03:10 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I can't be bothered to go into detail. For those that missed it you were outed as a liar and then went on to claim it was all just 'irony'. Priceless.
"Outed"......oh my god,please dont tell anyone.

Keyboard warriors eh.....
Old 02 January 2007, 03:14 PM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

No, the thread was about Iraq, your post was mince done up to look like intelligent comment and you've now started to backpedal on the basis that everything you came out with so far has been proven wrong. Do you normally post such ****e under your other usernames, too? I rather suspect you do...

And while you didn't specifically state that this was a uniquely Arab problem, you certainly implied it.

But hey - you don't care about Johnny Foreigner anyway, so I can't imagine why you are wasting your towering intellect on a thread that has no impact at all on us back in Blighty.

SB
Old 02 January 2007, 03:21 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

It is likely that Bush will be looking for a new Secretary of State - I am sure you would make a wonderful candidate. You will need to get your green card first however I am sure that would be straightforward for a candidate with such exceptional insights into world affairs.

Rannoch
Old 02 January 2007, 03:28 PM
mark engers
BANNED

No, the thread was about Iraq, your post was mince done up to look like intelligent comment and you've now started to backpedal on the basis that everything you came out with so far has been proven wrong. Do you normally post such ****e under your other usernames, too? I rather suspect you do...
Backpedal? How is that exactly? I said they (most of the middle east) are murderous scum. As has already been shown, this in no way precludes other manky countries from harbouring murderous scum.

Most of the middle east are murderous scum, as are the irrelevant examples you listed. So how is this back pedalling?

And while you didn't specifically state that this was a uniquely Arab problem, you certainly implied it.
Now this is back pedalling. First you claim I said that no one bar the middle east have ever been guilty of atrocities and now I apparently just 'implied' it? I put it to you that you simply failed to correctly interpret what I wrote.

But hey - you don't care about Johnny Foreigner anyway, so I can't imagine why you are wasting your towering intellect on a thread that has no impact at all on us back in Blighty.

SB
I am in this thread to inform you that the reason the so called liberation of Iraq is failing is because the present regime, like the last regime, are mentalist head bangers hell bent on killing each other.
Old 02 January 2007, 03:32 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

M Engers,

You almost sound like someone with a deep understanding of human nature!

How many Iraqis have you ever known closely enough to be able to describe them in the way that you do?

Les
Old 02 January 2007, 03:36 PM
mark engers
BANNED

Originally Posted by Leslie
M Engers,

You almost sound like someone with a deep understanding of human nature!

How many Iraqis have you ever known closely enough to be able to describe them in the way that you do?

Les
Well you described Saddam quite graphically Leslie, I'd imagine you must know him personally in order to have been able to describe him in the way that you do?
Old 02 January 2007, 05:46 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy

Quick Reply: John Prescott...........i salute you sir.