Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Plod Roulette Xmas Gift

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2006, 01:13 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plod Roulette Xmas Gift

Was approaching a very difficult roundabout. It's the size of a pea with 6 exits all with varying speed limits, 30, 40 & 50.

There is a Dual Carriageway either side and, the traffic is very quick you, have to be really smartish off the mark.

Saw a gap and went for it, my Snooper Detector goes off on Laser Beam mode??

Plod is only by the side of the road aiming at you at the 30 exit! Really sneaky that, as I have said, you really have to motor to get out (surprised there have not been more accidents there) good job I had the detector on, I think I am OK.

I think it would be better if they had lights there for road safety and, not Plod with his revenue gun.

They really don't get it, trying to get Joe Public onside.

Alan MaC
Old 21 December 2006, 01:32 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Don't know if anyone remembers those "Police Action Camera" video's, but there was one clip of plod standing right in the middle of a sharp'ish corner what was also on the brow of a slight hill. 30mph zone.

A car came over the hill on the corner in the wet, to see plod stood there with a speed gun in his hand. whether or not he was speeding, he slammed on the brakes (most of us would hit the brake peddle, just in case) and lost the back end. He crashed.

Now, the Police would have said this is a prime example of why we shouldn't speed, but plod being there, in the middle of the corner caused the driver to panic brake, which led to the crash.
Why didn't plod stand further up the road on the straight? Probably because drivers would have seen him stood there and slowed down.

I really think that the Police should sometimes think themselves if standing where they do at times, can cause an accident.
Old 21 December 2006, 03:53 PM
hojkoff
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
A car came over the hill on the corner in the wet, to see plod stood there with a speed gun in his hand. whether or not he was speeding, he slammed on the brakes (most of us would hit the brake peddle, just in case) and lost the back end. He crashed.
That's happened to me before but I didn't completely lose the rear, it just stepped out, and thankfully Ididn’t crash.

I wasn't speeding but it's the panic that makes you hit the breaks. I don't mind the speed vans because they have to be at certain points that you can find out on the internet and just not speed around those areas. But the money guns are needless. Although that is like saying I prefer the IRA to Al-Quieda (or how ever the hell you spell it.)