Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sofa from Harveys - problems?

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2006, 11:54 AM
The Hoff
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sofa from Harveys - problems?

Has anyone else experinced the lack of customer service from Harveys at all. I ordered a leather sofa from them several months ago with a promised 8 week delivery. No sign of it yet and I am worried that its not going to arrive anytime soon. Its the Gloucester branch I ordered from.

Does anyone ahve the contact details of the complaints department or the name and address of the MD?

Cheers,

The Hoff
Old 05 December 2006, 11:57 AM
Freelance Badger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Hoff
Has anyone else experinced the lack of customer service from Harveys at all. I ordered a leather sofa from them several months ago with a promised 8 week delivery. No sign of it yet and I am worried that its not going to arrive anytime soon. Its the Gloucester branch I ordered from.

Does anyone ahve the contact details of the complaints department or the name and address of the MD?

Cheers,

The Hoff
My only experience with that shop in Glos is good! They actually delivered before they said they would!
Old 05 December 2006, 12:10 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheers,

The Hoff
i got a leather suit from them last year and waited weeks for the delivery. when i phoned them up i was told that it had been forgotton and had not been dispatched from the warehouse. i was told that i would have to wait for a further 6 weeks for my suit. i refused to leave the shop until they let me borrow one from the store as i had already got rid of my old one.....i caused a bit of a scene and people that were ordering for xmas left the shop. i got the stores suit delivered that evening and a week later they found my missing suit

threaten them with going to the papers, it worked for me
Old 05 December 2006, 12:19 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarasquares
i got a leather suit from them last year and waited weeks for the delivery. when i phoned them up i was told that it had been forgotton and had not been dispatched from the warehouse. i was told that i would have to wait for a further 6 weeks for my suit. i refused to leave the shop until they let me borrow one from the store as i had already got rid of my old one.....i caused a bit of a scene and people that were ordering for xmas left the shop. i got the stores suit delivered that evening and a week later they found my missing suit

threaten them with going to the papers, it worked for me
Didn't know they did clothes as well. Can we have some pics of you in your leather suit

I got a leather suite from them and it's quite nice
Old 05 December 2006, 12:20 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger
Didn't know they did clothes as well. Can we have some pics of you in your leather suit

I got a leather suite from them and it's quite nice
lol, i didnt see the obvious mistake

i dont normally wear my leather suite
Old 05 December 2006, 03:49 PM
The Hoff
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I take it all back, they rang this afternoon to arrange a delivery!

Trending Topics

Old 05 December 2006, 04:25 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

.........that bird they use for the adverts is very nice

T
Old 05 December 2006, 06:07 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

I take it all back, they rang this afternoon to arrange a delivery!

Hang on, why do you take it all back? You ordered it several months ago with an eight week delivery date so therefore it will be delivered late if at all. Do what Sara did and kick up a fuss preferably instore when they're busy. It's due to the laid back nature of the vast majority of the general public that stores are able to take the p!ss like this. You are spending good money with them so therefore they should bend over backwards to accomodate your requests.