Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay threats! - can non payment affect your credit rating?

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2006, 12:08 AM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay threats! - can non payment affect your credit rating?

Ebay customer services is beyond a joke now! They have sent me countless emails saying they will credit my account ASAP with the balance of £2.39 for a dispute that I had with them. This has taken them ages to do and they told me to ignore all the automated demands for payment.

I got one today saying they may pass this debt on to a collection agency and that my account has been suspended! Now i know they will never do this and its just an automated response but will this 'non payment' affect my credit rating etc? Its their fault and my credit has been in the system for ages just not credited to my account yet! I have all the emails from them telling me to ignore the demands?

Andy
Old 22 November 2006, 12:11 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

a debt is a debt, so i suppose technically they could, but if your sure its there fault let them send the soliciotrs letter then explian to them whats gone off, its far easier talking to a solicitor than it is to ebay
Old 22 November 2006, 12:11 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Doubt it, only if it went to CCJ, even then if you padi that within 30 days it wouldn't go on your credit record.
Old 22 November 2006, 12:17 AM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

Their customer service is so poor! Templated responses to everything

'Hi my name is <insert name here> I am so pleased to have this opportunity to help you blah blah blah'

Had exactly the same template used in the same email conversation twice!

Still thats probably how they manage to keep the cost down and profits of £290 million or what ever they made this year
Old 22 November 2006, 12:20 AM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazza01
a debt is a debt, so i suppose technically they could, but if your sure its there fault let them send the soliciotrs letter then explian to them whats gone off, its far easier talking to a solicitor than it is to ebay
Trouble is my solicitor will prob charge me £50 at least for the letter!

I am not paying this money now out of principle, They said originally that the listing fee covers cost of hosting and customer services etc. and thats why I should still pay it on this particular item I was disputing with them - in the end agreed to go halfs on it with them and paid my £2.39 about 2 weeks ago - don't feel like i have got £2.39 worth of service from them!

Andy
Old 22 November 2006, 12:25 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by 106rallye
Trouble is my solicitor will prob charge me £50 at least for the letter!

I am not paying this money now out of principle, They said originally that the listing fee covers cost of hosting and customer services etc. and thats why I should still pay it on this particular item I was disputing with them - in the end agreed to go halfs on it with them and paid my £2.39 about 2 weeks ago - don't feel like i have got £2.39 worth of service from them!

Andy
I meant talk to there's cos if your right then you won't pay anything
Old 22 November 2006, 12:41 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

I had the same problem the left hand not knowing what the right is doing.
On the one hand they were saying they were going to credit my account with the disputed amount, then I got emails through demanding payment.
They are a bunch of ***** thats sure and the only advice I can offer is stick to your guns, DONT pay and eventually the auto emails will come through with the CORRECT amount you owe.
make sure you keep all the emails you recive, if it all gets nasty at least you'll have proof of their intentions, and their incompetance!
astraboy.

Trending Topics

Old 22 November 2006, 07:15 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

If you were to pay it nowwould you possibly receive the amount back when the dispute is sorted, does this ever happen ??
Old 22 November 2006, 09:00 AM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

Ebay are a bunch of c.unts! There customer service is s.hite... My mate had his account suspended for a credit issue, they do **** all about it. I wish i knew where there so called head office was.... petrol... matches....
Old 22 November 2006, 10:18 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

No such thing as a credit rating - the credit agencies store various details and the individual lenders do their own scoring based on their own parameters.

Doesn't need a CCJ, the agencies will also record late bill payments for loans, credit cards etc. so I guess they could also hold eBay non-payments. But it would still depend on whether the future creditor would actually care.....
Old 22 November 2006, 10:38 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Not sure about that Alistair. I access Experians data daily on individuals as part of my credit check process. They do provide a rating. I know the other half uses the same ratings in the banking sector as well.

I agree on the credit scoring aspect though. Late payments are recorded. CCJ's whether satisfied and removed from the Register can still be identified.
Old 22 November 2006, 10:52 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

I stand corrected - I thought each creditor applied their own weightings....
Old 22 November 2006, 10:59 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

Ah OK, I checked the Experian Website FAQ's and they have a thing called the National Credit Score which is new

This is a brand new service from Experian who are the first UK Credit reference agency to provide individuals with access to their credit score. The service has been developed in response to significant consumer demand following extensive consumer research.
And it is only an indication of what other creditors might do -

The National Credit Score is an online service developed by Experian that provides individuals with an indication of their credit status.

Your National Credit Score is based upon your Experian credit history. This is the information contained in your Experian credit report. You can use your National Credit Score to see how your credit history might influence a lending decision.

National Credit Scores range from 0 to 1000. A higher score suggests that you will probably find it easier to borrow money or buy goods on credit.

Your National Credit Score is only a guide to help you to see how your credit report information may affect a lenders credit decision. It is not a guarantee that you will, or wont, be granted credit. Lenders set their own credit scoring rules and this will differ between lenders. Lenders may even have different scoring rules for different products. They often use the information you give them on your application form, too, including details of your job, how long you have been at your address, whether you own your own home and how many dependants you have. This information is not held on your credit report. Lenders will also check your identity.
Old 22 November 2006, 11:28 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Experian Credit Expert, check credit rating, credit reports & file alerts - with Experian CreditExpert.co.uk (part of experian).
Download your credit report for free (very very detailed!) and pay a fiver and get your score.
Old 23 November 2006, 11:05 AM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

Hmm seems like now my account is suspended I can't post any more on their discussion boards - anyone want to ask a question for me

They are now not responding to my emails either - big fan of your work ebay

Andy