Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Where to go?

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2006, 01:52 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to go?

It will be our 4th Wedding Anni on December 28th and I'm wanting to surprise my hubby, I already know he's got that day off work plus another 3 until the 31st, so thought it would be nice to go away for a weekend somewhere, but I have no idea where , I need somewhere that isn't too expensive (which is difficult that time of year) but worth the money if I have to pay over the odds.
I know at the end of the day I need to choose where to go as I know what we like and it's a personal choice etc etc but like I say I have no clue what places there are, I'm not used to doing this type of thing, my days are spent doing the school run, housework, making sure bills are paid and looking after our daughter, so when it comes to a decision it's straight over my head

PS- I'm also crap at it as we haven't been away anywhere for any of our previous anniversaries.
Old 13 November 2006, 02:05 PM
WHEELSHOP0_0
Scooby Regular

My tuppenceworth, We went on a "midnight sun cruise" Scandinavian coastline in Jan. 05. It was stunning scenery and wrapped up against the cold it was romantic as it was almost all adult couples who were nice and friendly at meals and in the bars but had plenty of time to "relax" with each other over a hot toddy at the end of the night.
If this does not suit there is a very nice hotel in the foothills of the Cairngorms at Aviemore in Scotland,Coylumbridge, really nice, good food, and fantastic views.Might be a long way from you but maybe worth a few days.
HTH.
Old 13 November 2006, 02:18 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Just take pot-luck. Log onto the cheapy airlines, enter the date and from airport, then see where they fly to. But like you said, nowhere will be cheap that time of year...

A cottage in the lakes, with a roaring fire, that's one suggestion.
Old 13 November 2006, 02:21 PM
v8voodoo
Scooby Regular

I've herad Prague is quite nice and reasonably priced (if you stick with Czech places) if you can avoid the stag/hen groups..?
Old 13 November 2006, 02:22 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Scotland for Hogmany - Edinburgh
Old 13 November 2006, 03:50 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by WHEELSHOP0_0
If this does not suit there is a very nice hotel in the foothills of the Cairngorms at Aviemore in Scotland,Coylumbridge, really nice, good food, and fantastic views.Might be a long way from you but maybe worth a few days.
HTH.
Great hotel
Old 13 November 2006, 04:02 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Quote:
"midnight sun cruise" Scandinavian coastline in Jan. 05"

Isn't the midnight sun only in the summer?