Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Failed my ADI part 3! Doh!

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2006, 07:09 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failed my ADI part 3! Doh!

Had my first attempt at the above today. Basically the last test of three to qualify as a driving instructor. This is where the examiner becomes the pupil for 1 hour. There are 10 PST's (pre-set tests) from which the examiner will chose from and there are 2 parts to each test.
Arrived fully prepared and in plenty of time. I signed the form that stated that the test would be on 'partly trained reversing' and 'emerging'. Fine I thought!

Got in my car, did my intro and recap and then stated that we would be dealing with reversing into an opening on the left. The examiner then came out of role and said 'I havn't said left or right yet!' Straight away my heart sank. My instructor had previously told me not to bother preparing for reverse right as they never chose that topic, only reverse left! Well excuse me Matt, but that is B*llocks!

I hadn't prepared any reference points for reversing straight on the right hand side, or the point of turn. That threw me ofcourse so much so that I didn't even realise that the road had a slight incline (or decline when reversing). So, every time we attemted to reverse, the speed was to fast. I realised why half way through, I had told the examiner to 'cover' the brake pedal as we reversed. I hadn't actually told him that he may actually need to use it.

Part 2 went much better, but my mind was already on booking my second attempt. So I still missed out the reference point to stop behind the 'give way' marking at a junction. Therefore every time we got to a junction, we over-shot. I was able to rectify the fault straight away, but it was my fault that it happened in the first place!

The grading for both parts is out of 6 and you need a 4 in both to pass.
I got a 3 3.
Not bad for the first attempt, considering I had to 'think on my feet' and basically guess two reference points!

Oh well, another £80.

I will hopefully have another go in a few weeks or so.
Old 10 November 2006, 11:09 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Hard luck fella Only 6% pass first time anyway, and only about 32% pass at all

Gonna be booking mine soon for in 3-4 months time so really need to start my prep work, although I have to do my 20 further training hours yet and need the prep work done before that in 2 weeks time Don't know how I'm gonna fit it in as well as the 90 hour weeks I'm doing at 2 jobs

All the best for the 2nd attempt
Old 11 November 2006, 09:33 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
The examiner then came out of role and said 'I havn't said left or right yet!'

Tell me about it... i got the same on my normal bike test.

i was clearly told "unless i say take the left or right lane, you travel straight on"

so i hit a three lane section, and headed straight on, at the last possible?? safe point the w*nker shouts in the headset, "i said take the left lane"!!1

suffice to say it went d/h from there, (mind you I knew he,d failed me as soon as i walked into the test centre), as i wasnt wearing a sam browne belt, and didnt he give me a lecture on that too!!

mart
Old 11 November 2006, 11:16 AM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

hopefully you'll find it easier now you know the ropes mate

think the scoob will look nice with driving instructor plates all over it