Road Angel Plus - nightmare!

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2006, 09:42 AM
a_little_feisty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Angel Plus - nightmare!

Hi folks

Judt wondered if anyone else has experienced the same kind of problems that I have had with my Road Angel Plus? I had it fitted on my car from new back in May and have had lots of problems with it ...
  • Every time it is sunny I get constant Laser alerts, to the point that I end up turning it off as it is so annoying when it goes off continuously. The website sales pitch states no false alerts. I am hearing Tiff shouting "Laser, laser check speed" in my sleep!
  • A couple of weeks ago it told me I was going 429mph!!! ... if only ...
  • Then the worst was that it did not detect a mobile camera van and so now have NIP 3 points and £60 fine.

The whole point of getting it in the first place was because of points on licence. I know these things are never 100% accurate, but when I really needed it, it failed in it's purpose.

I contacted my local subaru dealer who supplied it but they could not do anything and just pointed me in the direction of Blackspot. I have found the experience of dealing with Blackspot support as somewhat frustrating. I logged a support issue via the website and they replied sending me a link to update my unit. Only problem was that it was for the wrong type of unit. I spent a total of 15 minutes on the phone to them yesterday and only about 3 of those were actually talking to someone, the rest of the time being put on hold, although they did eventually agree to call me back. The upshot is the unit is deemed knackered and they won't provide a replacement. I have to send it off to be repaired, with and expected repair turnaround time of 5 days.

Has anyone else had a similar experience, or am I just unlucky??????
Old 10 November 2006, 11:16 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if the item is within warranty (12months) then you dont have to accept a repair,
the sale of goods act (dont remeber the year it was revised) states goods must be fit for the purpose intended, yours is clearly not, by there own admission.

money back or a replacement unit

mart