Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Acupuncture question

Search this Thread

Old 01 November 2006, 03:48 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acupuncture question

guess no one is used to having needles stuck in them, but finally plucked up the courage to do it since the sleepless nights from back pain, been to two sessions and have to say it's nice at first but then leaving my lower back more aching than ever, is this normal?
Old 01 November 2006, 09:40 AM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

yes didnt help me at all
Old 01 November 2006, 11:32 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Try Shiatsu. Got me back on my feet after 4 months of sciatic agony and dead nerves. Aural acupuncture worked for me where the other general type didn't. But aural is more to do with relaxation and dietry probs.

Shiatsu is a general total treatment and will balance your body and release toxins being blocked by various problems.

Good luck
Yve
Old 01 November 2006, 09:47 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

worked for me but I was having physio at the same time so difficult to say categorically whether it was the acu the physio or a combo of both

it will exacerbate your back pain initially but this will pass, if you have any concerns speak to the person who is treating you
Old 02 November 2006, 12:26 AM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

I've had 3 lots of acupuncture in the last 14 days - today being the latest, for whiplash injury to neck. Have them in neck shoulders, arms, and base of thumbs plus ultrasound on neck and lower back - muscles are spasming and physio cannot manipulate them by hand at the moment.

First session - fine no problems, relief lasted only for about an hour..

Second session - needles hurt to buggary, apparently had become sensitised to them - relief lasted about 2.5 hours. Thumb became real stiff and sore- bruised for about 4 days

Today - my neck feels stiffer than it did when I went in today.

Am due back on Monday & thursday next week for more - I don't think it is doing any real good tbh.. not sure whether to continue with it or not
Old 02 November 2006, 12:44 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HKSubaru
guess no one is used to having needles stuck in them, but finally plucked up the courage to do it since the sleepless nights from back pain, been to two sessions and have to say it's nice at first but then leaving my lower back more aching than ever, is this normal?
It did not work for me. I had it a good few years ago when I was carrying my second child. It was to make me feel better from horrible morning sickness.I was still very sick for 5 months, and Accupuncture proved to be disappointing.
However, i have heard that for certain problems, Accupuncture is brilliant. It is believed that Accupuncture possibly activates the Placebo Effect that arises from the patient's expectations concerning the treatment rather than from the treatment itself.

Give it a try<shrugs>