Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay Listing fee refund

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2006, 07:05 PM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ebay Listing fee refund

Hi has anyone successfully got a listing fee refund as well as a final value credit from ebay?

I have advertised a phone twice on ebay and both times the auction was 'ruined' by a scammer bidding stupid ammounts then asking if i would send the phone to Nigeria etc.

They are telling me that i still have to pay them the listing fee as I used their service to advertise my phone - they have credited me with the final value fee but still want me to pay about £5 for listing the phone in the first place - to me that seems a bit unfair as it didn't have a fair chance of selling. I accept that if i had placed an unrealistic reserve or it didn't sell as no one wanted it then i should owe the money but in effect ebay are profiting from someone attempting to gain goods by deception.

should i just pay it? and what will happen if i tell them to stick it and not pay? will they just harass me or is there anything worse they can do?

I am getting fed up with their 'cut and paste' email responses - I don't even think they read the emails you send at all!!

Andy
Old 28 October 2006, 07:39 PM
JayPSC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 106rallye
Hi has anyone successfully got a listing fee refund as well as a final value credit from ebay?

I have advertised a phone twice on ebay and both times the auction was 'ruined' by a scammer bidding stupid ammounts then asking if i would send the phone to Nigeria etc.

They are telling me that i still have to pay them the listing fee as I used their service to advertise my phone - they have credited me with the final value fee but still want me to pay about £5 for listing the phone in the first place - to me that seems a bit unfair as it didn't have a fair chance of selling. I accept that if i had placed an unrealistic reserve or it didn't sell as no one wanted it then i should owe the money but in effect ebay are profiting from someone attempting to gain goods by deception.

should i just pay it? and what will happen if i tell them to stick it and not pay? will they just harass me or is there anything worse they can do?

I am getting fed up with their 'cut and paste' email responses - I don't even think they read the emails you send at all!!

Andy
Keep bitching at them, I got a refund by doing this
Old 28 October 2006, 09:42 PM
Chimple
Scooby Regular

I had the same problem, the scammers did it twice (Yes I know, I should have figured it out the first time!). Ebays response was to send umpteen emails and then contact a debt collection agency.

In future, disable the buy it now feature, or set it to require immediate payment. (A kind hint from ebay, after telling me I owe them lots due to scammers...and I think you need to upgrade your paypal account to select this option!)

It has put me off ebay, I don't even browse it to buy things anymore!

Although I'm not petty enough to make a point of not using their service because they freely take advantage of the scammers, it will be a last resort!

Well done Ebay!
Old 29 October 2006, 09:44 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Had some scammers bid a phone I was selling upto over a £1000, as usual ebay were ******* useless best thing to do is to keep contacting them until you get a reply.l
Old 29 October 2006, 07:39 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Should have just sold it to me in the first place GF got the phone for her birthday yesterday and is very happy with it
Old 29 October 2006, 07:44 PM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rossyboy
Should have just sold it to me in the first place GF got the phone for her birthday yesterday and is very happy with it
Excellent news! glad she liked it, think i am going to give Feebay a miss from now on!

Andy