Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Stag Do - Transylvania???

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2006, 10:52 PM
Nikko2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stag Do - Transylvania???

Its a mates stag do in the new year so we are looking for something a little different. We have been to prague and amsterdam in the past. Recent dos have been held in UK citys.

For this one we are thinking of boarding a plane again and thinking of heading further east. Then I thought of Transylvania.

Has anyody ever been there? Can you stay in creepy castles or the like? Is Is this a suitable venue for a stag do orwould the locals be likley to hold us to ransom?

We are a cultured and well behaved bunch by the way.

Views anyone?
Old 06 October 2006, 10:54 PM
CooperS
Scooby Regular

Get yourself to Krakow instead!
Old 06 October 2006, 11:02 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by Nikko2
Its a mates stag do in the new year so we are looking for something a little different. We have been to prague and amsterdam in the past. Recent dos have been held in UK citys.

For this one we are thinking of boarding a plane again and thinking of heading further east. Then I thought of Transylvania.

Has anyody ever been there? Can you stay in creepy castles or the like? Is Is this a suitable venue for a stag do orwould the locals be likley to hold us to ransom?

We are a cultured and well behaved bunch by the way.

Views anyone?
Dunno about creepy castles etc, but I worked in Transylvania a few years ago and fell in love with the place, the people are first class and the babes are stunning, I'd actually consider living there plus it's cheap as chips for beer etc
Old 06 October 2006, 11:03 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

went there earlier on this year
its not very touristy, but thewomen are all gorgeous!
astraboy.
Old 06 October 2006, 11:13 PM
Nikko2
Scooby Regular

Quick responses...

Are the hotels nice? How much are we talking to get there and to stay, eat and drink...

Is Draculas castle a hotel now? I am having difficulty finding any decent info on line about transylvania. Doesnt seem to ruined by stag dos like many other places...
Old 06 October 2006, 11:56 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Not really, ****e sums them up best. in many respects its a 3rd world country, and before you all start, thats coming from someone who is 1/4 romanian!
Eating and drinking is fairly cheap, if you like meat in your diet then you'll feel right at home, I ordered a beef pizza and got a pizza with 5 steaks on it!

Draculas supposed castle isnt a hotel, more of a ruin, halfway up the transfagoras pass. If you fancy going then I hope you have strong legs, its 1800 steps to get up to it!

Its gradually getting modernised, but is still very much a developing country.
Nice scenery though, even nicer women. However, if I was planning a stag do with a difference, I'd go to belgrade.
astraboy.