Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

VOSA and a Rozza - Blackwall tunel

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2006, 11:23 AM
Bateman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VOSA and a Rozza - Blackwall tunel

Just thought I would post this as I have noticed it for the last 2 weeks. 1 Policeman standing on the slip road close to the entrance to the Blackwall tunnel (north bound) and a white VOSA van parked further up the sliproad with some gringo's in green flourescent jackets.

Anyone had the misfortune to meet these characters, just wondering what powers they have ?

being in the VW fraternity i know we are ones that tend to get pulled and have heard a few horror stories...

anyone, Bueller ? anyone ?
Old 03 October 2006, 03:29 PM
Bateman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
They are there a lot, they just seemed to have a break over the summer where they disappeared for a few months. Never been pulled by them, they seem to target older looking vehicles.
Probably in spain on the back of all the fines they make

I think they have the power to remove the car from the road there and then leaving you with with the cost of getting it home. I dont know how the treat modded cars.

I think they have the same powers to pull you as the Police

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/hgvpsvop...cks.htm#P5_886

Last edited by Bateman; 03 October 2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03 October 2006, 03:53 PM
Chrisgr31
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bateman
Anyone had the misfortune to meet these characters, just wondering what powers they have ?

being in the VW fraternity i know we are ones that tend to get pulled and have heard a few horror stories...

anyone, Bueller ? anyone ?
Depends what you have done wrong I suspect! However as long as your vehicle is roadworthy, taxed and insured there should be nothing to worry about!
Old 03 October 2006, 05:25 PM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

To be honest, if they take unsafe vehicles off the road then I'm all for it, especially having seen, on a daily basis, the state of some foreign HGVs.
Old 03 October 2006, 05:53 PM
Bateman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Daryl
To be honest, if they take unsafe vehicles off the road then I'm all for it, especially having seen, on a daily basis, the state of some foreign HGVs.
i agree with you, but I have yet to see them pull a truck over. Normally mini cabs and VW's and anything with a loud exhaust is on the menu.
I am guessing they have the Social Security people there aswell to catch the unemployed cab drivers.
Old 03 October 2006, 06:02 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

If you and your car is all legal, mot, tax, tyres, insurance, exhaust etc. etc. then there's nothing to worry about.
Old 04 October 2006, 09:06 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bateman
i agree with you, but I have yet to see them pull a truck over. Normally mini cabs and VW's and anything with a loud exhaust is on the menu.
I am guessing they have the Social Security people there aswell to catch the unemployed cab drivers.
I've been a passenger in a truck that was tugged by them, they suspected the wagon was either fecked or overloaded because we were struggling up a hill.
In actual fact the back was empty, but the clutch actuator had gone bang about 10 miles ago and my mate was trying to get it home with clutchless gearchanges

The VOSA chaps who inspected us were very pleasant and helpful. I'm with the previous poster, if they are pulling unroadworthy vehicles of the road this is a good thing:thumb
Old 04 October 2006, 10:56 AM
Bateman
Scooby Regular

Just been pulled in my Beetle and VW Fire Bus by them a few times. Both show worthy cars and far from being a wreck.

I agree that if they are pulling unsafe cars and lorries then all is good, my concern is that its another revenue generating scheme.

I just wondered if anyone here had had the pleasure