Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2001, 07:41 PM
dharbige
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought that seeing as a large number of members are in the IT business, I'd post a question on here.

What are the requirements for passing an Object into an EJB via a method call on its Remote interface?

Everything I have read (in various books and on the Web) says that the object has to comply with the normal RMI rules - i.e. it either has to be serializable, or has to implement an Interface that extends java.rmi.Remote. (it also has to be exported using java.rmi.server.UnicastRemoteObject.export(), but most sources seem to leave this out!). There don't appear to be any additional requirements.

However, I can't get this to work, and I keep getting a wierd CORBA exception, which COMPLAINS about the object either not being exported (which I have done, albeit via UnicastRemoteObject), or being a JRMP stub - which it IS, but it's SUPPOSED to be, if the only requirement is for it to be an RMI object.

I don't know if I'm missing something (which is quite likely!), or if it is a funny with the WebSphere test environment.

Any help would be appreciated!

David H.