Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Does crime pay?

Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2006, 01:15 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does crime pay?

Following on from the council house thread, it seems that criminals nowadays are getting away with a lot more. even when caught it seems the punishment does not fit the crime. you only have to watch traffic cops on TV and see some ****** who has been nicking cars get a few hours community service.

Even violent crime criminals get out early with good behaviour.

Only recently Prince (ha) Naseem was released early from prison and yet broke nearly every bone in the victims body and did a bunk from the scene.

I ask you does it pay and yet the motorist and performance car enthusiast gets fleeced by scamera's for wandering over the speed limit by a few mph and as a motorist in general most are branded criminals due to the draconic nature of the law in this day and age.

i weep for the future.

any one else feel like we've been well and truly shafted
Old 14 September 2006, 01:32 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

Yeah it's crap, but you've got to remember it's the courts that sentence people not the police
Old 14 September 2006, 01:33 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Oops sorry mods maybe this should have been posted in NSR
Old 14 September 2006, 01:37 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

This place has gone to the dogs. You don't notice it so much until you travel. Criminals are not getting what they deserve.

I like the abroad (dubai/asia??) method of cutting off thieves hands. OK, a little extreme, but maybe a warning first: "You steal another car and get caught, we will cut off your hands. Now off you go sonny, let's not see you again!"

Who would nick a car again after that? I know i wouldn't knick a car again, if i'd got caught the first time.

Get tougher Britain!!!!

Immigration is on the cards for me.
Old 14 September 2006, 01:40 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

tbh agree mate, also bring bak capital punishment for multiple murders etc but thats just my opinion
Old 14 September 2006, 01:40 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
This place has gone to the dogs. You don't notice it so much until you travel. Criminals are not getting what they deserve.

I like the abroad (dubai/asia??) method of cutting off thieves hands. OK, a little extreme, but maybe a warning first: "You steal another car and get caught, we will cut off your hands. Now off you go sonny, let's not see you again!"

Who would nick a car again after that? I know i wouldn't knick a car again, if i'd got caught the first time.

Get tougher Britain!!!!

Immigration is on the cards for me.

I went to Texas a couple of years back and you see road gangs at the side of the road sweating their ***** off in 90 degree + heat.

You kill someone over their and its death row matey
Old 14 September 2006, 01:44 PM
Swift Cee
Scooby Regular

Default Yes! and No!

I'd say Yes! living in Luton it aint hard not to know the criminal underworld.

Some of the stories I get to hear make your eyes water.

But there is a flip side...when your sitting in the nick looking at a hefty sentence you've got to ask yourself.."was it worth it".

Its the chance you take at the end of the day. Cops and Robbers!

I'll stick to me 9 to 5 thanks

swift
Old 14 September 2006, 02:01 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
tbh agree mate, also bring bak capital punishment for multiple murders etc but thats just my opinion

i totally aggree for harsher punishment, such as capital punishement.

But not before we have a police force that can be even half trusted. Policing is to much about putting names to cases, and that doesnt alasys mean the criminals names to the cases.

to many inocent people in jails (i mean real innocent people, not what the crims say), to many people shot, and far to many cases fall apart because of the police using underhand methods to obtain evidence.

There are to many clearly guilty people getting off on technicalitys, which again is disgraceful, they need properly sorting out before they can start to present cases where people live or die
Old 14 September 2006, 02:13 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EVOLUTION

But not before we have a police force that can be even half trusted. Policing is to much about putting names to cases, and that doesnt alasys mean the criminals names to the cases.

to many inocent people in jails (i mean real innocent people, not what the crims say), to many people shot, and far to many cases fall apart because of the police using underhand methods to obtain evidence.

There are to many clearly guilty people getting off on technicalitys, which again is disgraceful, they need properly sorting out before they can start to present cases where people live or die
i think tbh they only go after what they know they can win easily, aka speeders etc, hence harder to solve cases of a minor nature aka car vandalism, burglery go unsolved (although they are not minor to the victim)
Old 14 September 2006, 03:16 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

i think tbh they only go after what they know they can win easily, aka speeders etc, hence harder to solve cases of a minor nature aka car vandalism, burglery go unsolved (although they are not minor to the victim)
I have a good friend who is in traffic and he told me he has had enough of teh force and will retire at 50. he is a nice asy going bloke, he wont even bother pulling people who stray over the limit. and is a complete petrolhead. yet he says its the powers that be that make him do what he has to do.

He told me at weekend that he it is a thankless job and is sick off it.

Now if thats a copper saying that what hope have we got
Old 14 September 2006, 03:22 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief
I have a good friend who is in traffic and he told me he has had enough of teh force and will retire at 50. he is a nice asy going bloke, he wont even bother pulling people who stray over the limit. and is a complete petrolhead. yet he says its the powers that be that make him do what he has to do.

He told me at weekend that he it is a thankless job and is sick off it.

Now if thats a copper saying that what hope have we got
tbh with you i feel for him, not all cops out there are complete burks, got chatting to one and he was a sound chap. prob talked to him for about an hour and not once did he ask me if all the mods were declared etc, he was patrolling where all the mod'd cars go as well lol
Old 14 September 2006, 03:22 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

i agree, but when there's multiple offenders, then the extra punishment could be used. The stats for a multiple offender to be innocent on both+ occassions must be rare.
Old 14 September 2006, 03:26 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
i agree, but when there's multiple offenders, then the extra punishment could be used. The stats for a multiple offender to be innocent on both+ occassions must be rare.
when some one is up on 100 charges of burglery, even if he is only guilty of 90% he still did 10, bang 3 years per offence 30 years, and thats before parole can even be considered.

would people offened in such ways if the punishment was so harsh?
Old 14 September 2006, 03:45 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

They also need to change to run sentances consecutively and not concurrently in the UK

sentanced to 10 counts of burglary at 3 years per sentance should be 30 years but in actuall fact you only actually server 1 sentance which is 3 years and is wrong imho. Also life should mean life ie you die in prison.
Old 14 September 2006, 03:50 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
They also need to change to run sentances consecutively and not concurrently in the UK

sentanced to 10 counts of burglary at 3 years per sentance should be 30 years but in actuall fact you only actually server 1 sentance which is 3 years and is wrong imho. Also life should mean life ie you die in prison.
bang on, kind what i was trying to say, in a round about way lol
Old 14 September 2006, 03:53 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel

You can't do that tho, it's an infringment of their rights and you will have the tree hugging 'release all kiddie fiddlers they are only misunderstood' folk up in arms...
Old 14 September 2006, 03:54 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

all when and good when the law can be trusted to provide correctly obtained and precise evidence to each and every case bar none
Old 14 September 2006, 04:02 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

totaly agree with you, and whits they continue to scam people, they (we, the public) will have no trust in the UK legal system, i for 1 wont have any faith in them
Old 14 September 2006, 04:04 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LongTimeLurker
You can't do that tho, it's an infringment of their rights and you will have the tree hugging 'release all kiddie fiddlers they are only misunderstood' folk up in arms...
rant mode on

to be quiet frank, bollox to there human rights, what about the rights of the victim??

rant mode off

ps i knew you had a, shall we say, slightly sarcastinc tone just wanted to vent lol
Old 14 September 2006, 04:05 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

totaly agree with you, and whits they continue to scam people, they (we, the public) will have no trust in the UK legal system, i for 1 wont have any faith in them
tis the underlying problem, to many soft nancie's more worried about criminals than victims
Old 14 September 2006, 04:12 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

not at all, you break the law, your at the mercy of the crown whih i have no problem with.

its the innocent people that get caught up that i feel for. at least in the current system they dont end up dead.

and what about this one, the wrong person goes down for the crime, the actual offender re offends, do you think the victims take comfort from that???? might i suggest they dont.
Old 14 September 2006, 04:23 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

rant mode on

to be quiet frank, bollox to there human rights, what about the rights of the victim??

rant mode off

ps i knew you had a, shall we say, slightly sarcastinc tone just wanted to vent lol
hehe no worries m8, defo a tougue in cheek post and sadly to much truth in it . I'm all for the death penatly, firmly believe once you cross my threshold uninvited the police can come along with a dust pan to collect the remains, thieves should lose a hand after the second time they are caught, rapist / kid fiddlers lose their sexual organs, chain gangs, hard labour and none of these creature comforts in prison that us hard working tax paying people can't even afford. Sadly we live in a country that values the criminals right more than the victims and the innocent, a good example of this is:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/5343294.stm

A Crown Court judge has been criticised for treating a rape by a teenager as a "childish prank gone wrong".

Mrs Justice Hallett said that in Judge Bullimore's sentencing remarks he spoke of the effect on the offenders and their families, but made no reference to the lasting consequences on the victim or her family.
"That was, in our judgment, unfortunate to say the least," she said.

Grave consequences
"Whether or not the victim impact statement was available to him, it should have been glaringly obvious that a 16-year-old girl raped in those circumstances was going to suffer long-term and grave consequences.
Both offenders were said to be immature and naive, and both came from loving and supportive families.

Crimes that aren't easy to solve just aren't followed up by the police, soft targets such a scramers are followed up to the letter tho...
Old 14 September 2006, 04:32 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Some on entered my house about twelve months ago - thing is i was asleep on the sofa at the time, (been on the pop at weekend) anyway he woke me and i had to shall we say eject him from my premises. i rung teh police and they turned up (give them their due) within 5 minutes. i admitted he might be injured as he tripped over my doorstep and onto my driveway.

to my disbelief i was told if he was hurt and wanted to make an official complaint for assault they coudl come back and arrest me - i was dumbstruck.

so i said fine bring him back and let me do a proper job on him! then nick me

I was feckin' blazin!
Old 14 September 2006, 04:35 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

hehe no worries m8, defo a tougue in cheek post and sadly to much truth in it . I'm all for the death penatly, firmly believe once you cross my threshold uninvited the police can come along with a dust pan to collect the remains, thieves should lose a hand after the second time they are caught, rapist / kid fiddlers lose their sexual organs, chain gangs, hard labour and none of these creature comforts in prison that us hard working tax paying people can't even afford. Sadly we live in a country that values the criminals right more than the victims and the innocent, a good example of this is:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/5343294.stm

Crimes that aren't easy to solve just aren't followed up by the police, soft targets such a scramers are followed up to the letter tho...
i went to the nurburg ring last night, then other week i went round galeries of justice, the have mock ups of modern cells, the B and B we stayed in on the way down to nurburg had less creature comforts than the prison cell, and that is realy saying something
Old 14 September 2006, 04:36 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Some on entered my house about twelve months ago - thing is i was asleep on the sofa at the time, (been on the pop at weekend) anyway he woke me and i had to shall we say eject him from my premises. i rung teh police and they turned up (give them their due) within 5 minutes. i admitted he might be injured as he tripped over my doorstep and onto my driveway.

to my disbelief i was told if he was hurt and wanted to make an official complaint for assault they coudl come back and arrest me - i was dumbstruck.

I was feckin' blazin!
tis a sick and twisted world we live in
Old 14 September 2006, 05:05 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

I was feckin' blazin!
It would be funny if it wasn't true and to be perfectly honest fully expected either. It's a warped world m8, what if anything came of it, did he get anything or did you?
Old 14 September 2006, 05:08 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

It would be funny if it wasn't true and to be perfectly honest fully expected either. It's a warped world m8, what if anything came of it, did he get anything or did you?
bet he didn't get what he deserved, a damn good kicking.

o another note, i've been told in certain states in america, if you kill an intruder you get a $5k bounty and a citezen comendation from the mayor. how much truth there is in this i don't know, but hope its true and perhaps should be so in this country, 5k for saving the tax payer hundreds of thousands
Old 14 September 2006, 05:23 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

If you have no money the courts can't take any money. People who drive £500 cars may well have no insurance, MOT, TAX etc and when stopped all they will loose is at worst the car and maybe 2 months inside and they are not fussed.

Should bring in a 3 strikes and your out. Would certainly change a criminals view.
Old 14 September 2006, 05:27 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo
If you have no money the courts can't take any money. People who drive £500 cars may well have no insurance, MOT, TAX etc and when stopped all they will loose is at worst the car and maybe 2 months inside and they are not fussed.

Should bring in a 3 strikes and your out. Would certainly change a criminals view.
kinda like giving a 3 year driving ban to a 13 year old pmsl
Old 14 September 2006, 08:01 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Did you read today about the women who swore at some kids who'd been giving her abuse for years, 13 year old shopped her & now she has a fine to pay! Well played Mr Policeman.

Also heard that in Dubai or similar if you get sent to prison & have no money/family you basically starve to death as they don't feed you for free ... sounds OK to me, life is far too easy for the crims who seem to see Prison as a piece of p1ss.

TX.

Quick Reply: Does crime pay?