What Muslims Want

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2006, 02:40 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Muslims Want

Channel 4 Monday 7 August, 8pm

There is a growing fear that the 1.6 million Muslims in Britain are rejecting the majority liberal, tolerant beliefs in this country for a radicalised version of Islam in which violence can be justified. Dispatches has conducted the most comprehensive and rigorous survey to date of Muslim opinion in Britain, with startling results.
This should explode a few myths.
Old 07 August 2006, 02:51 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by unclebuck

I expect it will show that - in general - they are more concerned about apparent wrong being done to 'brothers' elsewhere on the planet than about the fact that a failure to integrate has left them rock bottom of the pile in the UK.

Shame I don't get C4 in Holland. Will it be available on the net anywhere?
Old 07 August 2006, 02:53 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Channel 4 Monday 7 August, 8pm

Hopefully it will open the eyes of some of the Guradian readers to the truth.

Thought for the day : If I lived in China for a long time, and my children were born in China, would we ever be considered Chinese? (because of Muslims who say I'm British but want Sharia law)
Old 07 August 2006, 08:39 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Well, there we go.

They clearly have no interest or intention to conform to our country's values so the answer is pretty obvious to me. They should simply go elsewhere and stop helping themselves to the benefits and advantages we (for some reason) provide them with.
Old 07 August 2006, 09:33 PM
type.r
Scooby Regular

believe it or not there are all sorts of muslims in the world, black, white, etc etc so would the same comments apply to ppl who have converted to islam? i know of many muslims who dont 'benefit' from the 'advantages' that others provide!!
You should never generalise...
Old 07 August 2006, 09:39 PM
_RIP_
BANNED

You should never generalise...
That's a bit of a generalisation.
Old 07 August 2006, 09:43 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

Like how not one of 'em said its **** here and I don't agree with blah, blah, blah so I'm off to live somewhere else

T

Trending Topics

Old 07 August 2006, 09:59 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tonybooth
Like how not one of 'em said its **** here and I don't agree with blah, blah, blah so I'm off to live somewhere else

T
Exactly, I don't get it. If this country fails to meet their expectations and desires, as is clearly the case, why don't they just move to somewhere that does? That's what the rest of us have to do.

Even more, why do they still keep coming if the UK is so contrary to their beliefs?

Old 07 August 2006, 10:04 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The problem is not that moderate muslims want to change our way if life to an Islamic way of life ,the problem is.......That an influential minority of extremist Islamic haters want to hijack muslim minds, manipulate moderate muslims,lie to , decieve ,and cheat other muslims into civil unrest by proxy,with the end result of trying to get an Islamic way of life in the west.

Extremist Islamic haters ,now that is one sick weak brainwashed mind,to be pitied for sure .Extreme belief in God and Hate at the same time means only one thing for sure ,that they have no idea about what God/Islam/religion really means,'cos it sure 'aint hate, freekin' muppets
Old 07 August 2006, 10:06 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _RIP_
That's a bit of a generalisation.
YEAH !! Generalisation is sometimes good,
Old 07 August 2006, 10:07 PM
Mr Bat
Scooby Regular

Did anyone see Moses?
Old 07 August 2006, 10:07 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Judging by this bit:

the majority liberal, tolerant beliefs in this country
it's a work of fiction. Certainly if this board is anything to go by.

M
Old 07 August 2006, 10:09 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mr Bat
Did anyone see Moses?
What the film or the real deal 'cos he was a bit before my time....
Old 07 August 2006, 10:17 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I wonder how a programme called "What Brits Want" would go down in Muslim Countries
I doubt they would give a stuff, so why should we
Sorry if that sounds harsh but Britain is not a Muslim Country. Allowances should be made for all religions but not to the point of making everyone believe the same

Last edited by Lee247; 07 August 2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07 August 2006, 10:27 PM
sociopath
BANNED

Originally Posted by matty01
The problem is not that moderate muslims want to change our way if life to an Islamic way of life ,the problem is.......That an influential minority of extremist Islamic haters
But it isn't a minority is it? The findings of the programme were clear, the majority of muslims want to change our country to reflect their own headbanging beliefs.

They are like a disease, cursed with an insatiable thirst to multiply and displace their hosts. A viral invasion.

That is one half of the problem. The other half of the problem is that this country's immune system is stunted by simpering left wing sycophants like _Meridian_.
Old 07 August 2006, 10:40 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Islam is a cult, a dangerous belief system that indoctrinates and brainwashes it's believers so that they are oblivious to other peoples opinions and lives - apart from fellow "brothers"

The ones that want segregation should **** off toa country where they can be with other like-minded individuals.

If I started a religion today that resembled Islam, it would be blacklisted as a cult by the FBI and probably end up in a Waco style massacre.
Old 07 August 2006, 10:46 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sociopath
But it isn't a minority is it? The findings of the programme were clear, the majority of muslims want to change our country to reflect their own headbanging beliefs.

They are like a disease, cursed with an insatiable thirst to multiply and displace their hosts. A viral invasion.

That is one half of the problem. The other half of the problem is that this country's immune system is stunted by simpering left wing sycophants like _Meridian_.
I meant a minority of hardcore violent Islamic extemists who have influence in their own right not as part of a manipulated whole.
Old 07 August 2006, 10:48 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
Islam is a cult, a dangerous belief system that indoctrinates and brainwashes it's believers so that they are oblivious to other peoples opinions and lives - apart from fellow "brothers"

If I started a religion today that resembled Islam, it would be blacklisted as a cult by the FBI and probably end up in a Waco style massacre.

The same could be said for many religions in fairness but you have a valid point.
Old 07 August 2006, 10:50 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Well said.

Collier take note...

Last edited by unclebuck; 07 August 2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07 August 2006, 11:07 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

Well said.

Collier take note...

And here was me going to reply to this thread thanking you for one of the few useful posts you've made by reminding me about the program

Believe me UB, I have little time for any religion, least of all for Islam.

Bruce Bawer has written an interesting book called "While Europe Slept" which would make good reading for anyone interested in the ideas in the program.

Gary.
Old 08 August 2006, 07:09 AM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The other half of the problem is that this country's immune system is stunted by simpering left wing sycophants like _Meridian_.

As opposed to ranting bigots ike you? BTW, you also might want to read up on the difference between "liberal" and "left-wing", because people with more than three brain cells understand that they are two different things, and are not congruent. And all you've done by that remark is prove my point - that it's difficult to work out how this country ever got a reputation for "the majority liberal, tolerant beliefs" when it's full of people like you and many of the other posters in this thread.

M

Last edited by _Meridian_; 08 August 2006 at 07:23 AM.
Old 08 August 2006, 08:06 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Get a grip people.

This country has a developing culture, it always has been, it's never been static. It's been shaped by the people that live here and my the majority. Muslims are no way near large enough in numbers for anything to change much.

They want to live by their moral standards, this is no different to everyone else wanting to live by theirs. You and I do exactly the same.

I disagree with many of their opinions on what society should be like, then again I disagree with many people on how society is.

Problems occur when you get the right wing getting all over the top and the left wing pandering to minorities rather than assisting them to help them get along. The rational centre ground doesn't shout so those don't get heard. However the rational centre ground is the majority so there's nothing to worry about in the long run.
Old 08 August 2006, 08:13 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Dracoro
Muslims are no way near large enough in numbers for anything to change much
Hmmmm.

50 years ago there were none.

today there's what - 1.5 million.

cant be arsed to do the maths but with Immigration out of control and emmigration at record highs I'd give it another 50 years before the Muslims are the largest Practising religous group in Britain (Or IslamaGB as it will be known by then).

At least the chavscum will be wiped out by the New Order

Last edited by jasey; 08 August 2006 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Practising Religous group rather than racial group :-)
Old 08 August 2006, 08:14 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Dracoro, which town do you live in, and what's the % Muslim population?
Old 08 August 2006, 08:24 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey
Hmmmm.

50 years ago there were none.

today there's what - 1.5 million.

cant be arsed to do the maths but with Immigration out of control and emmigration at record highs I'd give it another 50 years before the Muslims are the largest racial group in Britain (Or IslamaGB as it will be known by then).

At least the chavscum will be wiped out by the New Order
You do seriously think that they'll be the biggest group in britain in 50 years???? There's alway been a group of some sort that are the 'fastest growing'. Remember there was hardly any black people 60/70 years ago, they've not 'taken over the country' or anything now have they? No they've contributed as that's the only way to live. Many muslims will do, and are doing, the same.

They're a religious group, not a racial one.

hmmm, wiping out the chavscum, gotta be worth a shot

Telboy - what relevance is there in what %age of muslims in my area have? It's Croydon, so there are one or two ethnic minorities nearby
Old 08 August 2006, 08:27 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

You do seriously think that they'll be the biggest group in britain in 50 years????
Yes
Old 08 August 2006, 08:33 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

What, overtaking the christians? really? overtaking the unreligious?

Why would they become the largest? It won't be from immigration, you need anthoer 30million for a start so it'll only be if they 'convert' non muslims to follow islam. Do you really believe that'll happen?
Old 08 August 2006, 08:35 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Rolleyes at me and forget it mate. What i would say, and as someone from Croydon you should know this all too well, the Muslim population is still growing, and if you think they don't want to expand it further then you don't know them very well. It's insidious, but it's happening. Their whole approach is different from the African one, that isn't even comparable.
Old 08 August 2006, 08:38 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

What, overtaking the christians? really? overtaking the unreligious?

Why would they become the largest? It won't be from immigration, you need anthoer 30million for a start so it'll only be if they 'convert' non muslims to follow islam. Do you really believe that'll happen?
I meant Practising Religous Group.

80% of people who say they are Christians are not !
Old 08 August 2006, 09:09 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

What last night's programme did get me thinking about though, is why i find the spread of Muslims in the UK so difficult to accept. I was coming into Heathrow the other day from Bradford/Leeds and i think it brought it home to me from the amount of mosques in the UK now, especially in Bradford. And the one in Hounslow dominates the skyline. That just isn't the UK. Or maybe i'm just a dinosaur waiting to become extinct. And the girl who insisted in keeping her mask on whilst being interviewed. WTF? And the men's white robes with khaki green sleeveless jackets or whatever they're called, almost like a uniform. And all the unkempt facial hair. I could go on. How is this British? How it this integrating? How is this Westernised? Why be here and live like that unless you want the UK to become a Muslim state?

Quick Reply: What Muslims Want