Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Rumour has it Raikkonen has......

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2006, 02:32 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rumour has it Raikkonen has......

Signed a 5yr $35m contract with the team in Red.
Old 03 August 2006, 02:40 PM
Mogsi
Scooby Regular

Manchester United
Old 03 August 2006, 02:42 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Labour Party?
Old 03 August 2006, 02:42 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

China
Old 03 August 2006, 02:43 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

The devil?
Old 03 August 2006, 02:44 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

tampax
Old 03 August 2006, 02:44 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Old news but not yet confirmed. wait for Monza for that.

Rumored to have been given a non-refundable $5m sweetener last year by Ferrari "Just" for having first refusal on his name.

Personally I hope he does sign for them, as he will fly in a Ferrari. Watch out Schuey !!!! Will be an interesting season if he does though, as I'm sure it will bring the best out in Michael. The pair of them going flat out trying to be the best will be irresistible to watch.
Old 03 August 2006, 02:55 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by stilover
The pair of them going flat out trying to be the best would be irresistible to watch.
Corrected for accuracy. You think Team Management would allow the Finn to pass?
Old 03 August 2006, 03:06 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
Corrected for accuracy. You think Team Management would allow the Finn to pass?
"The Finn" will have signed "ONLY" if there is no team orders. He's no team player. If Schuey wins this years title I don't think he'll be that bothered really, although being beaten every race would be embarassing, that's if he resign's for next year of course. Kimi's signing may just be what makes Michael quit, as he won't want to be beaten. Although if he believes he can still beat him, which is quite likely as he's no slouch then he may see it as an opportunity to but a few sceptics in their place.

Although the other rumour has it, is that Michael might sign for BMW for 2007, and make a cool $1b. Story is in this months F1 magazine. Quite interesting, although I think Ferrari might have something to say about him leaving for BMW, and giving them the rights to have Michael's name to boost profits. A M3 Schumacher !!!!
Old 03 August 2006, 03:06 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

F1 is so boring it's untrue!
Old 03 August 2006, 03:11 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
F1 is so boring it's untrue!
The Aero packages have killed the sport IMO. Next year should be better with just having one tyre manufacturer, but we still need to go back to Aero package which allow car's to get close to the car in front without loosing grip. Slick tyre's would also improve things no end.

I think if you just watch the races, then yes it could be seen as boring, but I like reading about the politics of the sport, and what goes on behind the scenes, thus making it more interesting. For me at least.
Old 03 August 2006, 03:22 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
The Aero packages have killed the sport IMO. Next year should be better with just having one tyre manufacturer, but we still need to go back to Aero package which allow car's to get close to the car in front without loosing grip. Slick tyre's would also improve things no end.

I think if you just watch the races, then yes it could be seen as boring, but I like reading about the politics of the sport, and what goes on behind the scenes, thus making it more interesting. For me at least.
I used to love watching it... now I really cant stand it.
Old 03 August 2006, 03:27 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

I'd go so far as to say it's debatable whether it should even still be considered a sport!

I'd love to know, when was the last grand prix that had a genuine overtake on the last lap to decide the winner? And I don't mean someone breaking down, or Ferrari race-fixing.

So come on GP buffs, when was it?
Old 03 August 2006, 03:32 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Paul3446
when was the last grand prix that had a genuine overtake on the last lap to decide the winner?
The only one I can remember is when Irvine made a do or die attempt at the french GP (before they changed the last corner) but that wasn't for the lead.
Old 03 August 2006, 03:33 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

As soon as they went from slick tyres and changed they Aero of the car's, that's when proper overtaking stopped. Last time there was proper overtaking was when Mansell was racing. Probably just after then, but that was the start of the rot.
They introduced grooved tyre's and changed the Aero of the cars to reduce cornering speed, but ended up affecting how the car behind handles/grips thus the car behind loses grip and therefore cannot get close to the car in front and therefore cannot get a slipstream to overtake.
Old 03 August 2006, 03:35 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Milamber
The only one I can remember is when Irvine made a do or die attempt at the french GP (before they changed the last corner) but that wasn't for the lead.
Schuey passed Rubens on the last lap at Monaco last year, to Rubens utter disgust. Although this wasn't for first place.
Old 03 August 2006, 03:52 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

There's nothing better than having Sunday lunch, sitting down on the sofa, putting on the GP and falling asleep 10 minutes later only to wake up when their on the podium to find that the bloke on pole won the race due to a superior pit strategy
Old 03 August 2006, 03:53 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

probably hungary a few years back when Hill was in the arrows and Villeneuve went past him due to a 50p seal breaking
Old 03 August 2006, 03:53 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Neanderthal
There's nothing better than having Sunday lunch, sitting down on the sofa, putting on the GP and falling asleep 10 minutes later only to wake up when their on the podium to find that the bloke on pole won the race due to a superior pit strategy
Man after my own heart!
Old 03 August 2006, 04:07 PM
oobster
Scooby Regular

I'd love to see Kimi & Michael fighting it out next year but the only snag with this is everyone would say Michael should have quit at the top of his game if Kimi beats him.

Looks like Webber will go to Renault, can honestly see him doing quite well there. God knows why they signed Fisi for another season - the man is hopeless.

I also enjoy watching the FULL F1 coverage - the Quali (which is vastly improved now thats it's split into 3 shoot-outs), the race build-up, the interviews with Pat Simmons, Ross Brawn, Jenson etc, Martin's grid-walk, the post-race analysis. Even what type of Breitling that Mark Blundell is wearing, and how many bangles Louise Goodman has on!

The racing can be a bit dull but taking the whole coverage as one package I enjoy it. I just wish they'd get rid of that dullard who asks the drivers the questions in the post-race press conference. He reminds of the grey Spitting Image puppet of John Major.
Old 03 August 2006, 04:10 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oobster
I'd love to see Kimi & Michael fighting it out next year but the only snag with this is everyone would say Michael should have quit at the top of his game if Kimi beats him.

Looks like Webber will go to Renault, can honestly see him doing quite well there. God knows why they signed Fisi for another season - the man is hopeless.

I also enjoy watching the FULL F1 coverage - the Quali (which is vastly improved now thats it's split into 3 shoot-outs), the race build-up, the interviews with Pat Simmons, Ross Brawn, Jenson etc, Martin's grid-walk, the post-race analysis. Even what type of Breitling that Mark Blundell is wearing, and how many bangles Louise Goodman has on!

The racing can be a bit dull but taking the whole coverage as one package I enjoy it. I just wish they'd get rid of that dullard who asks the drivers the questions in the post-race press conference. He reminds of the grey Spitting Image puppet of John Major.
Old 03 August 2006, 04:15 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

So no-one's come up with a genuine last lap overtake for the lead yet then! I reckon you may have to go back to the 70s or 80s perhaps!

And that's a pretty sad state of affairs if there hasn't been one for over 20 years.

Like I say, should that really be classed as a sport?
Old 03 August 2006, 04:17 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

If you want a last-lap overtake for the lead then watch Moto GP
Old 03 August 2006, 04:18 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

The least exciting bit of F1 is the 2 hours on a sunday when the red lights have gone out.... man it's boring. Good job the technical aspect keeps me interested.

Best place for racing is MotoGP... tell me when the last time that the race WASN'T won on the last lap. Even with Rossi dominating over the last few years the racing has been edge of the seat stuff. And to think i used to hate bikes

Tony.
Old 03 August 2006, 04:28 PM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

they should separate the drivers from the constructors and throw the keys in a hat 5 minutes before the race
Old 03 August 2006, 04:29 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul3446
Like I say, should that really be classed as a sport?
Is it at this point where we get a new user entitled "f1_ain't_sport"?
Old 03 August 2006, 04:29 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Quite agree with Moto GP comments, although my interest has diminished since they got rid of the 500cc 2 strokes.

I used to go to about 4 races a year, but the 4 strokes just seem like glorified WSB.

Still close racing though!
Old 03 August 2006, 04:49 PM
Chrisgr31
Scooby Regular

So Webber to Renault, Shumacher to BMW, Raikonen to Ferrari only leaves a McLaren seat to be filled.

However its actually believed that M Schumacher will retire at the end of the year, especially if he wins the title again.
Old 03 August 2006, 05:01 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

keep it to yourself but mclaren have approached me with a view to signing me-remember you heard it here first-but keep it to yourself

Originally Posted by Chrisgr31
So Webber to Renault, Shumacher to BMW, Raikonen to Ferrari only leaves a McLaren seat to be filled.

However its actually believed that M Schumacher will retire at the end of the year, especially if he wins the title again.
Old 03 August 2006, 05:03 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

You'll probably do alright, all you have to do is steer isn't it?

Everything else is controlled from the pits!

Quick Reply: Rumour has it Raikkonen has......