Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2006, 08:13 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Mate . . .

Just got back from it this afternoon!

And what a pile of **** it was! For me the highlight was watching the planes take off from London City Airport, and I suppose the DLR has some novelty value!

Otherwise, the show is pretty darn crap! (Aside from a few tasty birds promoting cars) . . . .THe only decent car for me was the EVO, and after striking up conversation with the EVO man, a number of kids gathered around us to listen the merits, and demerits of the demo model of the Evo, and how/why I chose the WRX over the Evo . .

Also, what I found quite entertaining was watching all the pikeys, taking pictures of their pikey girlfriends posing with a Ferrari, or a Bentley or some other Chavmobile!

Cars are about the movent, the feeling and the passion . They are there to be driven!. .Now to see them just standing there, with a bunch of CHAV dads telling their chav kids, and girlfriends something along the lines of

" I have the same car, but with the optional extra of the colour coded door handles" - is ofcourse entertaining . But quite depressing . . .

There was a big BMW stand, which i chose not to dignify , as I consider all BMW driver a bunch of w*nkers . . .Also, there was a 4WD assault course outside , which looked like fun . . .But againg . . 100 CHAVS waiting to have a go!

And Subaru made no effort to appear either . .

IMHO, the show was totall crap, and you should save yr money and stay at home!

Hope my debrief is of some help!

Last edited by WRX300MAN; 28 July 2006 at 08:22 PM.
Old 28 July 2006, 08:42 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by **************
Thanks for the heads up. Well i've got free tickets so not paying to get in and the Mrs and the kids are expecting to go now so will have to see whats its like and just not to expect the quality of previous shows i've been to at the NEC years ago which were excellent.
Matie . . .

If you got kids, then its a different issue! I am sure they will like it, but as far as yr concerned I would dampen my expectations . . .Just make sure to keep them away from the EVO stand! . .

And don't get me wrong . .As the venue goes, it is more considerable, than Olympia . . Never been to Birmingham to compare . . .

Birmingham . . . . .Where is that?

Anyhow . . .Hope you enjoy yr day . .But the moment you stop enjoying it, get out of there like a bullet!
Old 28 July 2006, 08:53 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

Originally Posted by WRX300MAN
Mate . . .

And what a pile of **** it was! For me the highlight was watching the planes take off from London City Airport, and I suppose the DLR has some novelty value!

Otherwise, the show is pretty darn crap! (Aside from a few tasty birds promoting cars) . . . .THe only decent car for me was the EVO, and after striking up conversation with the EVO man, a number of kids gathered around us to listen the merits, and demerits of the demo model of the Evo, and how/why I chose the WRX over the Evo . .

Also, what I found quite entertaining was watching all the pikeys, taking pictures of their pikey girlfriends posing with a Ferrari, or a Bentley or some other Chavmobile!

Cars are about the movent, the feeling and the passion . They are there to be driven!. .Now to see them just standing there, with a bunch of CHAV dads telling their chav kids, and girlfriends something along the lines of

" I have the same car, but with the optional extra of the colour coded door handles" - is ofcourse entertaining . But quite depressing . . .

There was a big BMW stand, which i chose not to dignify , as I consider all BMW driver a bunch of w*nkers . . .Also, there was a 4WD assault course outside , which looked like fun . . .But againg . . 100 CHAVS waiting to have a go!

well i went and had a good day with plenty of cool cars to look at
Old 28 July 2006, 08:59 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by bootsy
well i went and had a good day with plenty of cool cars to look at
Go to a dealership, arrange a testdrive, and tell me what you thought of the cars . . And please stand corrected . . .There weren't that many cool cars to look at!
Old 28 July 2006, 09:05 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Go to a dealership, arrange a testdrive, and tell me what you thought of the cars . . And please stand corrected . . .There weren't that many cool cars to look at!
i have book 2 test drive2 when it's out the new honda type r for the wife and i'm looking at the new lotus
what a load of crap we all like different cars so i wont stand corrected

Trending Topics

Old 28 July 2006, 09:11 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by bootsy
i have book 2 test drive2 when it's out the new honda type r for the wife and i'm looking at the new lotus
what a load of crap we all like different cars so i wont stand corrected

OK Bootsy . . So we'll agree to disagree . . . . . .But for me the highlight was looking at the vast conglomeration of CHAVS in attendance! . . .Errrrrm . .You weren't one of them by any chance........

So lets paraphrase . . .Not cool cars . . .Were there any decent/innovative cars . .If there were please point them out to me (so I will go again tomorrow), because I think I missed them!

p.S . . Lets us know how it goes with the Type R
Old 28 July 2006, 09:38 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

i will agree there alot of chavs there(and around my impreza in the car park ).
innovative cars er well there was the saab thing not sure what they call it.and the paint job on the evo on the auto trader stand(change colour with heat i've not seen that befor.
cool car's i like were the nobles,lotus,zonda's,spikers,new ctr and the tvr speed12.i've alway got time to look at f40s as well
plus we got to look at the new chav cars fromcitron,peugeot,renault, vauxhall and some fords.i've been to see my local honda dealer about at test drive of new ctr when they get them next year.but had a go in a 1800 petrol civic and Diesel both handle ok but not that quick
Old 28 July 2006, 09:42 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

The F40 was as ever awesome . .Agreed . . .But my favorite was the car rental companies . . . . . The tasty birds promoting it, do not ofcourse mention that they will screw you for every penny of the deposit, and 1 extra mile on the clock over the limit will be charged at 50 quid!

Otherwise, glad you enjoyed it . .I guess it depends on yr mindset!

Have a good w/e!
Old 28 July 2006, 10:10 PM
CooperS
Scooby Regular

I got in early before all the lords arrived to have their pics taken with the tarts and some of the flashier cars,

"get a pic of me in this m3 innit"

"yeah man, suits you" - i laughed openly at the chav's gay pose in the car as his mate said this whilst taking the pic, got some really scary looks from them hahaha....freaks

I spent 7 hours there, just had a good ol snoop around and watched the show out the back from Vauxhall, man those Monaro's sound sweet at full blat
Old 28 July 2006, 10:42 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Turned down free tickets - not sure if that was a good or bad thing going by the above comments
Old 28 July 2006, 11:12 PM
King RA
BANNED

Originally Posted by CooperS
I got in early before all the lords arrived to have their pics taken with the tarts and some of the flashier cars,

"get a pic of me in this m3 innit"

"yeah man, suits you" - i laughed openly at the chav's gay pose in the car as his mate said this whilst taking the pic, got some really scary looks from them hahaha....freaks

I spent 7 hours there, just had a good ol snoop around and watched the show out the back from Vauxhall, man those Monaro's sound sweet at full blat
7 hours!!!

I was there for 2 hours today and I thought that was pushing it....what the hell were you doing for 7 hours??
Old 28 July 2006, 11:20 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by King RA
7 hours!!!

I was there for 2 hours today and I thought that was pushing it....what the hell were you doing for 7 hours??
Queuing?

Thought the new Civic Type R and MX5 Roadster were

Other than that, the nice young lady from Nissan was quite chatty
Old 28 July 2006, 11:24 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Wink

Only a chav could spend 7 hours at such a show . . !
Old 29 July 2006, 01:21 AM
King RA
BANNED

He's the b4stard that was sat in the front seat of every car I wanted to check out
Old 29 July 2006, 01:48 AM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Mate . . .

Agree with all the above comments, total waste of a tenner.

I also came to the conclusion there's not one single new car at present I'd spend my money on this side of £40 k
Old 29 July 2006, 06:25 AM
CooperS
Scooby Regular

I spent 6.5 hours on the kia stand, the other half an hour was spent going for a ****
Old 29 July 2006, 07:44 AM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Did they have the all new Evo there or the final Evo 9(?10)
Old 29 July 2006, 10:19 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

I went last week and it was okay. I got free tickets (thanks, Yahoo) and thought it would be worth a look around. And 'okay' about describes it really. Nothing too unusual there.

The last time I went to a car show in London was at Earls Court and was amazed at the "Tvr 12".

Steve
Old 29 July 2006, 07:15 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Wink

Did you go on the 4x4 assault course? And why no pictures of the planes at London City? . .Anyhow . . Did the kids like the Evo? . .And do say . .I missed the Alitalia Car . . Looks kinda cool . .Which one is that?

And the MAybach . .I felt nautious and was ready to vomit as soon as I saw it . . Only a w*anker like Simon Cowell would drive one . .(Possibly Allan Sugar too)
Old 29 July 2006, 09:01 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Well went today and it was definately no more than just OK. Half the manufacturers didn't have stands there. No Subaru, Audi, VW, Fiat, Porsche, Ferrari, Skoda and BMW for starters.
BMW are there with the biggest stand.

Fiat and Skoda - who cares.
VW, Porsche and Audi - OK, but their stand would only be crawling with middle class types from Hertfordshire.
Subaru - IM are crap anyway - may as well go to a local showroom and get the same experience they put on at Birmingham 2 years ago.
Old 29 July 2006, 09:23 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

yep I didnt go because no porsche audi or lamborghini so whats the point.
Old 29 July 2006, 10:06 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
yep I didnt go because no porsche audi or lamborghini so whats the point.
Think the main reason was there was a clash between the motorshow and Soho Pride festival, they realised most VAG drivers are poofs so cancelled their attendance at the show.

BMW had their own exhibition hall called BMW Plaza
Old 30 July 2006, 12:08 AM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
Think the main reason was there was a clash between the motorshow and Soho Pride festival, they realised most VAG drivers are poofs so cancelled their attendance at the show.
Nice one Kiwi!

I second that! And anyway .. I did ot dignify the BMW stand because we all know all BMW drivers are a bunch of w*nkers!
Old 30 July 2006, 12:12 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't the Alitalia thing the modern Lancia Stratos?

As for this:

I reckon it's salsa-king's smart roadster!
Old 30 July 2006, 01:27 AM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Smile

Does it play silly music when you open the doors???

Quick Reply: London Motorshow